JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Woke up Saturday morning and my 93 legacy was not where I had parked it in my driveway. Holy shiff. Called the police and the marion County sheriff showed up to fill out the paperwork and get the process started. Today they called and said that they located my car about 5 miles away from my house and I could come and get it. No damage. And I'm a happy guy. Time to start parking it in the garage. 30 year old car and a nice dependable vehicle. Must be able to use a older key to get the car started. Live and learn

Dlaang, thats why none of of can have nice things, glad you got your car back. kind of off the subject, but, I love old classics, but without a garage or guard dogs, i am sad to say i can never own one... too easy for dirt bags to steal..

Anecdote.....

Scumbags seem to be really fond of Subarus that are old enough to have traditional key start without RFID.

I think they especially like the Forester, you can get lots of loot in it and it'll go over curbs real nice like

You are one of the lucky ones. In several counties here now there is an average of 30 a day. A lot of them now the scum steal a car, use it to hunt for CAT's to steal for a short while, cut the CAT of it and leave it. Since Police are told to wave at them when they drive off the scum of course think this is great fun. Its going to reach a boiling point before long and someone is going to get hurt. Sadly this is what people have been saying they want. :s0092:

I'm surprised this was your first time and not the third or fourth.

If you have a older pre immobilizer chip key era car and park outside without additional security measures, it's going to get stolen. They love the older subarus because you can start them with a screw driver.

You can pull the ignition fuse...will turn over but won't start.
Or just a hidden kills switch.

Sounds like it was just a joy ride or someone needed to use it for something.

The nice thing about where/how I live; just so much fewer people who would be tempted to try to take something from others. I can trust my neighbors and most of my stuff is out of sight, so even the occasional service/delivery person doesn't see my stuff unless they specifically come up my driveway - during the summer you might not even notice my house exists because it is hidden from the private road (for the most part).

Kind of off subject but I don't keep any ID/documents in my rig.
My mom thinks I'm weird for telling her to put her mail info side down before we got out of my rig for a quick Grocery Outlet stop a couple weeks ago.

Knock on wood.
Decades ago I got a double cell AAA fake LED (2 red) alarm blinker light. All it did was eat batteries every two days. I got a $13 4.5 AH rechargeable 6 volt battery and some dollar store phone charger cables and soldered it together.
I leave it on 24/7 and charge it up about once a month. Works great.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top