JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just a side note.
I had a Mustang Cobra. Not good in the snow.
Took me 4 days to get out of my driveway one year.

I would buy a forester and $21k ish for a brand new one? Why the heck not.

While working for AAA as a road service tech in Kentucky I saw a lot of calls for BMWs and VWs with issues and I would never buy either. However we got a lot of calls for Lexus vehicles too, but always for dead batteries usually on 10 year old cars with 100k + miles. The owners always said the same thing other than the oil change never had an issue.
After that job I would swear by Lexus vehicles.

I've had my BMW coupe for 10+ years - 120K miles.

No real problems with it. One hot summer the weatherstrip moulding for the windows came loose and BMW fixed it. Other than that, no real problems I didn't cause myself (I ripped a sensor from under the front of the car during the 2008 snow storm). I had new brakes put on at 90+K miles, which is pretty good for a set of brakes.

I've known a number of people with Bimmers and generally no real problems. Some models, like any other car, have had a few problems with some components. Not unusual for any make of car. Nobody is perfect.

Tug Boat? That looks like an old Uniflush to me.:p

Boat Glory Be Moving.gif

Last Edited:
If buying a new Subaru, check the prices in the southern states. We did and saved about $3500. The local dealers think they have a monopoly on them. Checked around, made a deal, flew to Phoenix, and got a nice vacation out of the deal driving it home. Hit the Grand Canyon, Vegas, Salt Lake City on the way home. Even found some .22 ammo and reloading components to boot. Could have saved even more if we wanted to drive home from Texas or Florida.

If buying a new Subaru, check the prices in the southern states. We did and saved about $3500. The local dealers think they have a monopoly on them. Checked around, made a deal, flew to Phoenix, and got a nice vacation out of the deal driving it home. Hit the Grand Canyon, Vegas, Salt Lake City on the way home. Even found some .22 ammo and reloading components to boot. Could have saved even more if we wanted to drive home from Texas or Florida.
Damn!!

True about local Subaru dealers. This is the natural habitat if Subarus, so I understand how they roll. I gave three local dealers an equal opportunity to have my $$ and only one was willing to suffer the immense pain of including the roof rack crossbars in the deal...the whole $120 cost to them...:rolleyes:...I also asked for more money off towards the end of the deal because my car was already unwrapped and detailed, they agreed but the guy acted like I was asking to rape his dog or something.

I thought about a Subaru when the old Dodge Ram MegaCab got smashed.

I was impressed with the Subaru during my test drive but I need the ground clearance a 4x4 pickup provides so that eventually led me to another Ram.

041615 02.jpg

If I didn't already own two pickups there ain't no way if drive a Subaru.
I'm actually tempted to trade in my tundra for a new Duramax. Since toyota sucks donkey dicks for not making a diesel now...

Lol, ya. My boat isn't in those years of the fire retardant resin issues.. Uniflite is an extremely strong boat, almost 1-1/2 thick hulls on the sportfisher series. It's a tank and have seen other boats sink from dead heads where the Uniflite runs them over and all you hear is someone say " did you feel something " ....

:eek::rolleyes:o_O

Oh crap! I don't work on Unis. I'll have to cancel on the coaming boards:p
Did ya manage to find one without blisters?

OregonHunter...
Your post caught my eye, as just yesterday I put $ down on a 2016 Outback.
After a lot of research, I couldn't find any other vehicle that met my needs (not wants) better...cargo capacity, decent mileage, comfortable, good in snow, reliable.
I have a territory that takes me from Coos Bay to K Falls, Portland to Medford, and often in Bend. 30,000+ miles per year, lots of freeway, lots of mountain passes.
My 2010 Honda Crosstour has been great, but at 165k miles now, it's time to move on.
After a lot of soul-searching, I decided that image was secondary to function. My bigger concern was that every damn Subaru I see has a frickin obama sticker on it, and I can't tolerate being thrown in with that crowd. My solution to this very real issue will be to put my "I love guns and coffee", and
"Hillary for Prison 2016" bumper stickers on it.
That should shake up the liberal turds enough to justify my purchase.
I'll look for you out on the road. Maybe we can share some granola together.
my co workers subaru has an OHA and bowtech sticker on it.probably the only one of its kind. ha ha.

oh a dutch brothers one too;)

you should put an obama sticker on your car. one that reads:
O ne
B ig
A ss
M istake
A merica

I think the WRX is a better choice than the WRX STI, plus you can get the CVT with the WRX. I'd like to see how that works with the turbo...it should eliminate a lot of the lag issues.

BTW...the dark grey is a nice color.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews