JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There is a quote attributed to Mark Twain that injects at least a little hope for the future:

When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.

Of course, in the 19th Century, teenagers may have become more objective as they aged!

Just remember when talking to young folk, that the speed of sound theory is flawed. It takes about 30 years for good advice to reach them.

"A .380 recoils more than a 9mm because it's blowback operated."

Apparently physical laws like conservation of momentum can't penetrate the torrent of BS emanating from certain gun experts.

"A .380 recoils more than a 9mm because it's blowback operated."

Apparently physical laws like conservation of momentum can't penetrate the torrent of BS emanating from certain gun experts.
People sure have a stiffy over the Sig 238 because of the low recoil.. it's a locked/short-recoil breech.
Also, ask anyone if they like shooting a Browning Auto-5 compared to a pump or short recoil action etc.

1. I've had a self proclaimed "BATFE expert witness", who works at NWA, argue that you absolutely must notify the BATFE when taking a supressor across state lines. That ALL NFA items needed an approved 5320 for interstate travel. In this case we were specifically talking between WA and OR.

2. "Concealed means concealed, and just printing is against the law."

3. 5.56 is a horible round for home defense

Sorry. Florida has no such law. Don't know what you saw or how long ago it was, but currently there is no such statute. FLORIDA TRAFFIC LAW STATUTUES

Nor are there any statutes in the state of California regarding operating a vehicle barefoot. 2013 California Vehicle Code Table of Contents

Don't know where people get the idea that it's illegal, but it has been shown time and time again to be false.

(Stupid true fact) It IS illegal in Oregon to park your car without setting the parking brake. ORS 811.585

Why is that stupid? I've seen cars roll away because the parking brake wasn't on.
Transmission damage due to the same thing.
It's a safety issue, not a laziness issue.

Wow. That is really, really dumb. Does the fella know that if the cop wanted to, technically you can get one with a .01. Of course, having or not having your CCL is completely irrelevant.

Ya, it was really sad.... The best part...
1. he's a gun owner
2. He's got a B.S. and a Master's in Civil Engineering.

CivE's aren't real engineers tho :p

Ya, it was really sad.... The best part...
1. he's a gun owner
2. He's got a B.S. and a Master's in Civil Engineering.

CivE's aren't real engineers tho :p
We used to love it when the new CE's came in. Took us a couple years to turn them into REAL engineers.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

And when you can manage the upper division maths for ANY engineering degree, you get to laugh at any of the above. if BC Calc is beyond your grasp, shut your pie-hole. There, I just eliminated 90% of the population.

I've got a B.S. in Electrical Engineering and an M.B.A. Muwaahahahahahahahaha

- Since I have a CPL, it is illegal for me to OC. :rolleyes:
- Carrying my pistol locked and loaded while OC'ing or CC'ing is illegal. :rolleyes:

Those are the two things I can think of. I've heard that tripe for a long time now. I've only recently seen that rumor make its rounds on this site as well as another one that is WA based.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top