JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Probably the most over stated stupid things I have heard on the internet are in regaurds to shotguns and their capabilities.

"Birdshot will not penetrate walls" - BAH! we just went full retard

This is more of a rant. Im just sick of the mis-information being spread.

Yeah, actually had the following conversation with a gal back in '96.
A group of us were discussing nuclear weapons and other various issues related to it.
Woman: I don't blame the Japanese for bombing Pearl Harbor. The US had it coming.
Me: hmmm really? How do you figure? Was is something to do with the economic embargos, raw materials, or?
Woman: Well, the Japanese were only responding to being attacked with a nuclear bomb. So the US attacked them.... so they attacked the US.
Me(after nearly falling out of my chair): hmmm say what? where did you learn or hear that?
Woman: yes, they were totally justified. Oh I was taught this in school.
Me: Ok, then explain this to me, please. So, the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor on December 7th 1941 in response to the Nuclear bombs that were dropped over Nagasaki and Hiroshima August of 1945?
Woman: Yes, that's right.
Me: How could something happen in 1941 in response to something that happened in 1945? Did the Japanese invent time travel and we don't know about it...?
With the dawning realization that what she was saying made no sense, I could see the light bulb go on in her head, a look of defeat came over her. She promptly got up and left. Never saw her again.

Yeah, actually had the following conversation with a gal back in '96.
A group of us were discussing nuclear weapons and other various issues related to it.
Woman: I don't blame the Japanese for bombing Pearl Harbor. The US had it coming.
Me: hmmm really? How do you figure? Was is something to do with the economic embargos, raw materials, or?
Woman: Well, the Japanese were only responding to being attacked with a nuclear bomb. So the US attacked them.... so they attacked the US.
Me(after nearly falling out of my chair): hmmm say what? where did you learn or hear that?
Woman: yes, they were totally justified. Oh I was taught this in school.
Me: Ok, then explain this to me, please. So, the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor on December 7th 1941 in response to the Nuclear bombs that were dropped over Nagasaki and Hiroshima August of 1945?
Woman: Yes, that's right.
Me: How could something happen in 1941 in response to something that happened in 1945? Did the Japanese invent time travel and we don't know about it...?
With the dawning realization that what she was saying made no sense, I could see the light bulb go on in her head, a look of defeat came over her. She promptly got up and left. Never saw her again.

There is an old saying that goes: "It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought the fool, than open it and prove it""

Interesting. So do I. EE in 1984, MBA 1986. (military prior)

However: I do not look down on anyone's chosen vocation. Everyone in the world knows something I do not. The I more I studied, the more I understood I did not know.

I wouldn't necessarily call it looking down on someone's chosen profession, but rather a good old fashioned ribbing. It was interesting to see the progression of people moving from EE and ME to Civil and Business...

You sound like my son. He's 2 terms away from his ME degree at OIT, but right now he's interning at Boeing in Everett.
I worked at Boeing and every summer for years I trained interns. All the good ones never wanted to work there after they found out what the job really was like. It should be very educational for him.

I worked at Boeing and every summer for years I trained interns. All the good ones never wanted to work there after they found out what the job really was like. It should be very educational for him.

Well, since he has already bought a condo in Everett, with me being the bank, he better like working there at least until he can pay off the loan. This is his second internship there and he seems to be quite happy. He's doing stress analysis for the 767 and will be working on the Air Force tanker project. I'm pretty proud of him.

A .308 is better than a .243 for shooting, at Pronghorns, cause it's windy and the .243 will drift more than the .308 sportsmans Portland sales guy sell to a young lady :huh:
I said nothing, but thinking go check the B.C and all the long range stuff people do with a 6mm L0L

Way, way, way back in my USMC days: "No, I'm not married." Only to find out the next morning she was the wife of a Navy Commander who was deployed.

Later, when I was in LE I heard every excuse you could imagine. But a trucker told me he was speeding because his wife told him she was "in the mood" and he wanted to get home before she changed her mind. I told him I hadn't heard that one before and that it was original. I might even buy that excuse if he weren't from Texas and headed west.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews