JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
sorry your source is incorrect, that may be true in their state but it is not in many states. there are many states that prohibit barefoot driving. i remember missing that question when i was first getting my drivers license in florida. no internet source is going to tell me im wrong when i have seen the law in writing at the DMV.

It's actually not unheard of for the DMV's literature to be incorrect - they explicitly warn you that you are responsible for following the law as codified on the books, rather than relying on the DMV's "interpretation".
Driving Barefoot

Wow. I've heard folks refer to their Winchester '94 as pre or post '64(that is wrong as well), but I didn't know it applied to arms manufactured AFTER 1964 and NOT BY WINCHESTER. HA! I own 600's and 660's. They were introduced in '65 and ran until '69. Were you ever able to prove to him the error of his ways?
I didn't even want to try to inform him. He is the know it all type.

You are quite right of course. I wanted to add something I find fascinating. While Winchester cheapened the entire line in 1964, Remington went the other direction. Ok, maybe not exactly 1964 but roughly. I believe the Models 721, 722, and 725 ended in about 1961 or so and the Model 700 was unveiled. No one has to look to see what rifle grossly outsold all other for the next 40 yrs. or so. A few years back Savage and Weatherby made a big push by offering good shooting rifle that had features that people liked and was affordable. They were joined by a number of foreign manufacturers. Guess whose sales and quality ( as judged my many ) has slipped ? Sadly I always liked Remington. Also sad they will probably sink Marlin too. I'm pretty sure they already sunk H&R....haven't checked in awhile.
It is sad that it seems like Remington quality has slipped. My model 700 is pre 1982. I'm not 100% sure on the year and month it was made, but it is a fantastic rifle that I hunt with every year.

He is the know it all type.

Hey......I resemble that remark, or at least my 13 yr old grandson thinks so!!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Hey......I resemble that remark, or at least my 13 yr old grandson thinks so!!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"
I thought that about everyone when I was 13.

I thought that about everyone when I was 13.

He seems to think I don't know much about computers too. I took my first computer class in 1966. I have an AA in computers. I've helped run 44,000 node networks, set up Freightliners SAN, run a worldwide business network, managed Oracle Financials teams, built rack mount servers from parts etc. Built and sold computers as a business. I also have several websites out there, but he still thinks I don't know computers!

He seems to think I don't know much about computers too. I took my first computer class in 1966. I have an AA in computers. I've helped run 44,000 node networks, set up Freightliners SAN, run a worldwide business network, managed Oracle Financials teams, built rack mount servers from parts etc. Built and sold computers as a business. I also have several websites out there, but he still thinks I don't know computers!
Obviously you don't know much about computers :D

It is ~obvious~ that you don't know about computers, I mean....
.... When was the last time a teen ager was wrong ?????

;-)

I speak from experiance here, for I have (shudder) Two Teen Age Grand Daughters, and I now know, that I don't KNOW anything ....

At least that is what ~they~ tell me !!!!

philip, who tried to explain the difference between a "scale" and a simple ruler.... "But All Are called RULERS, Grand Pa" !!!!! She was only Twelve then, its gotten WORSE !!!!

;-)

I speak from experiance here, for I have (shudder) Two Teen Age Grand Daughters, and I now know, that I don't KNOW anything ....

philip, who tried to explain the difference between a "scale" and a simple ruler.... "But All Are called RULERS, Grand Pa" !!!!! She was only Twelve then, its gotten WORSE !!!!

That's why I never want know it all teenagers. My 9 year old sister is already getting to that stage

5.56x45 is more powerful than 5.56 Nato
Proper married sex is better than fornication
Hard work will be recognized and rewarded
it is a gateway drug
.45 ACP RN wont kill a bunny (right here)
Glocks are cool

;-)

There is a quote attributed to Mark Twain that injects at least a little hope for the future:

When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.

Of course, in the 19th Century, teenagers may have become more objective as they aged!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads