JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That is like the old fable You can't drive barefoot" That went around for years and some people still believe it. And no it is not illegal to drive barefooted.

I learned that when I took drivers ed. In fact my teacher told me about it. i drive alot with no shoes on. It can be a real bear on a bike though.

1. I've had a self proclaimed "BATFE expert witness", who works at NWA, argue that you absolutely must notify the BATFE when taking a supressor across state lines. That ALL NFA items needed an approved 5320 for interstate travel. In this case we were specifically talking between WA and OR.

2. "Concealed means concealed, and just printing is against the law."

3. 5.56 is a horible round for home defense

sorry your source is incorrect, that may be true in their state but it is not in many states. there are many states that prohibit barefoot driving. i remember missing that question when i was first getting my drivers license in florida. no internet source is going to tell me im wrong when i have seen the law in writing at the DMV.

Sorry. Florida has no such law. Don't know what you saw or how long ago it was, but currently there is no such statute. FLORIDA TRAFFIC LAW STATUTUES

Nor are there any statutes in the state of California regarding operating a vehicle barefoot. 2013 California Vehicle Code Table of Contents

Don't know where people get the idea that it's illegal, but it has been shown time and time again to be false.

(Stupid true fact) It IS illegal in Oregon to park your car without setting the parking brake. ORS 811.585

762 nato will fire in 762 Russian

I've heard that once too, or rather that those cartridges interchange in either direction. I even asked "How can that be... isn't the Russian round bigger and rimmed, and the other smaller and rimless?" The guy's answer was a cold, "No." and he left it at that.

You'll grow hair on your palm!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

I have a Remington model 600 in .243 and my uncle said it was pre 64 (which it isn't. It was made in 1965). I told him that applies to model 70's. He then told me how I'm and idiot and that pre 64 applies to all firearms.

Range officer; You're required to carry copies of your silencer's ATF forms with you.
Me; The law doesn't say that.
RO; Yes it does. I'm former law enforcement, where do you work?
Me; The shipyard.
RO; You are required carry the copy when you have the silencer.
Me; Only the ATF is allowed to demand to see the registration form. What statute are you speaking of? Will you let me know what statute it is? (I hand him my business card)
RO; I can do that. You can't use that silencer at this range though.

Still waiting for the statute I was in violation of. Don't see him on the range office schedule anymore either. :)

Ranb

I have a Remington model 600 in .243 and my uncle said it was pre 64 (which it isn't. It was made in 1965). I told him that applies to model 70's. He then told me how I'm and idiot and that pre 64 applies to all firearms.

Wow. I've heard folks refer to their Winchester '94 as pre or post '64(that is wrong as well), but I didn't know it applied to arms manufactured AFTER 1964 and NOT BY WINCHESTER. HA! I own 600's and 660's. They were introduced in '65 and ran until '69. Were you ever able to prove to him the error of his ways?

Somebody on this forum told me (all of us actually) that he watched a .270 bullet bounce off the hindquarter of an elk once.

He claimed those east side elk have much tougher hides/fur than west side elk do,...
And that a .270 just ain't enough gun over there.

Of course, I wish he'd have told me that before I packed all that meat back to camp all those years!

Yep jamie, I remember that one. Caused quite a bit of a conversation didn't it.;)

You are quite right of course. I wanted to add something I find fascinating. While Winchester cheapened the entire line in 1964, Remington went the other direction. Ok, maybe not exactly 1964 but roughly. I believe the Models 721, 722, and 725 ended in about 1961 or so and the Model 700 was unveiled. No one has to look to see what rifle grossly outsold all other for the next 40 yrs. or so. A few years back Savage and Weatherby made a big push by offering good shooting rifle that had features that people liked and was affordable. They were joined by a number of foreign manufacturers. Guess whose sales and quality ( as judged my many ) has slipped ? Sadly I always liked Remington. Also sad they will probably sink Marlin too. I'm pretty sure they already sunk H&R....haven't checked in awhile.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top