JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So we had a garage sale a couple weekends ago. I had some ammo out for sale on the table next to where I was sitting. This little old lady, probably at least 70 something, came up to me scowling and wagging a shaky finger at the ammo. "You better not let 'them' catch you selling that or you'll go to jail!"

I kind of chuckled and politely informed her that it is perfectly legal to sell ammunition at a garage sale. But she continued to insist that it was illegal and I should be carefull. I told her I am familiar with the firearm laws in our state and assured here that there was nothing in them prohibiting private sales of ammunition. Then she continued still saying: "I saw them over by that one road, which one is that? The big road over there..." gesturing vaguely. After a few guesses I figure out she is talking about I-5. "I saw the police go in there and arrest everyone trying to sell guns over there. They were getting them in the parking lot before they even got into the store."

At this point I have no idea what she is talking about and said "well, I had not heard that. Thanks for telling me about it." Later I realized that I think she was talking about the gun buy-back in Seattle, and apparently had completely missunderstood exactly what happened over there.

Then, I was telling my wife about it a few minutes after the lady left, and another little lady, not quite as old said "you know, she was probably right. I think it is illegal."

WHERE DO THESE PEOPLE COME FROM!?!?!?

Edit: Right, I meant to add at the end here, per the thread title, what other stupid things have people told you about guns/ammo/accessories?

"Aw, go ahead....It won't hurt."

"It tastes like soda pop."

"It really doesn't kick much."

And the biggest one of all...

"You can choose the duty station and the MOS you want right after boot camp."

Somebody on this forum told me (all of us actually) that he watched a .270 bullet bounce off the hindquarter of an elk once.

He claimed those east side elk have much tougher hides/fur than west side elk do,...
And that a .270 just ain't enough gun over there.

Of course, I wish he'd have told me that before I packed all that meat back to camp all those years!

I replaced my primary print server several months ago. User came in today and said he couldn't print to <old server name>. I said: of course not, it was replaced 4 months ago and doesn't exist any more. He proceeded to argue with me that it worked last Wednesday.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top