JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In the old days people would put items or symbols outside their house so others seeking safe refuge or aide could see. We should design a secret universal symbol to display making it easier to identify each other. I if you see a brother in need help him out when he displays the symbol. I like the Boy scout Wolf symbol my self, be prepared motto. Its already in use and they are like minded. The wolf is a strong animal alone or in a pack. We are safer as a group then an individual.

Last Edited:
If your not gonna carry a gun, you better have a route planned and practiced.
You should be able to get from downtown Portland to Camas in 6hrs. Id walk along I5 (the walking/bike path) over to the Washington state side then along hwy14 from there. might want a folding bicycle or super light weight mountain bike to cover ground better. In an emergency id want to get home ASAP to check on family. I say carry something even a .22lr pistol.

Supplies wont matter... first aid kit, water, bike, pistol, ride fast, know your route. Cover ground to get off the street, dont stop for anything.

You can never have enough SOCKS. They are great for using as improvised toilet paper.
Do you remember the butt tissues that came across NWFA couple of months back? Add a touch of water and they become butt wipes (I'll have to look for the link). They really are pretty cool. 100 for $14 maybe. Can be used for face cleaning or as a butt wipe. Each one is the size of a dime and becomes 6" x 10". Vacuum pack a couple of dozen and they'll stay dry forever. Maybe not entirely sanitary, but if you're down in the mud anyway.....

Do you remember the butt tissues that came across NWFA couple of months back? Add a touch of water and they become butt wipes (I'll have to look for the link). They really are pretty cool. 100 for $14 maybe. Can be used for face cleaning or as a butt wipe. Each one is the size of a dime and becomes 6" x 10". Vacuum pack a couple of dozen and they'll stay dry forever. Maybe not entirely sanitary, but if you're down in the mud anyway.....
That's the thread where someone suggested a Viking squirrel if I remember correctly.

Here it is.

Walking 21 to 23 miles in six hours? lol. When's the last time you humped 22 miles with a pack on your back?
Bhahaha, regularly. . .
Im not out of shape.
I threw out a number of hours I figured I could walk it in. I grew up in NorthEast Portland I know the terrain, neighborhoods, area very well. Google maps agreed that distance would take 6hrs and 18mins walking. If this was a emergency or not I know I could beat that time. Especially since I mentioned packing lite, and having a bike of some kind to cover ground better.
Any healthy person should be able to cover 20-30miles in a 6hour period, im not saying hike for six hours straight. But its good to know how far your daily max distance is. When I hike I really push it and cover alot of ground quick.
This is why I also said to know your route, try one way and next time go a different route and see if you make better time. But know the route, dont have to stop to check a map or gps.

Maybe not entirely sanitary, but if you're down in the mud anyway.....

I could have missed it, but hand sanitizer! Sanitation, fire starter, wound cleaner. Not tried, read about, cleaning and deodorize the pits!

I'm not limber enough to get my foot back there to wipe!

I don't think that is even possible! Best solution,

A. Remove sock
B. Snap 'er up
C. Snap sock back, careful not to snap 'er support cluster
D. Grasp sock, front 'n back, scrub vigorously
E. Drop your sock and grab your........'er....
F. Anyway....snap 'er down
G. Re don sock :D

Bhahaha, regularly. . .
Im not out of shape.
I threw out a number of hours I figured I could walk it in. I grew up in NorthEast Portland I know the terrain, neighborhoods, area very well. Google maps agreed that distance would take 6hrs and 18mins walking. If this was a emergency or not I know I could beat that time. Especially since I mentioned packing lite, and having a bike of some kind to cover ground better.
Any healthy person should be able to cover 20-30miles in a 6hour period, im not saying hike for six hours straight. But its good to know how far your daily max distance is. When I hike I really push it and cover alot of ground quick.
This is why I also said to know your route, try one way and next time go a different route and see if you make better time. But know the route, dont have to stop to check a map or gps.
Sure, I hear ya. It's the way you say "you should". You "should" then be able to formulate a cogent sentence, you then "should" be able to.. the list is infinite.

sleeves.png

In the old day people would put items or symbols outside their house so others seeking safe refuge or aide could see. We should design a secret universal symbol to display making it easier to identify each other. I if you see a brother in need help him out when he displays the symbol. I like the Boy scout Wolf symbol my self, be prepared motto. Its already in use and they are like minded. The wolf is a strong animal alone or in a pack. We are safer as a group then an individual.
Stomper has a good symbol in his profile pic. I'm pretty familiar with it because people are always telling me that I'm number one. Its quite the confidence booster.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top