JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just used the LDS cannery up in Portland, after moving back here. Used them about 13 years ago. A GREAT place to get long-term food storage (most things are 30 years) for MUCH less than other options; like freeze dried. Now, you don't even have to pack the food into the cans yourself, that's all been done. I was in and out in 10-15 minutes. Also, in the move back from Colorado, I gave away the food rather than move it. I can also confirm that with about 13 years of storage, the food was still good to eat! Finally, you don't have to be an LDS (Latter Day Saints) to use them. I'm not a member nor affiliated with the canneries in any way. Just think it's an awesome resource to be prepared for mid- or long-term food disruption.

The LDS canneries offer a good product for good prices. I usually go to the one out in St. Paul. The people are very friendly and don't try to talk to you about religion in any way, shape or form. You're free to take a pamphlet from the rack if you so choose. This is a business for them but also a part of their mission which is to help as many people be self-reliant as possible.

Location?
All locations:

Portland location:

OR—Portland
AddressPhone
10420 SE 82nd Ave
Happy Valley, OR 97086
971-230-0770
Schedule *as of May 29, 2019
Tuesday10:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Thursday10:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
SaturdaysClosed

For Staples, LDS is impossible to beat price-wise these days. If you have one even somewhat close you will save a ton of money over all others.

NOTE for others not anywhere near one. They do sell online and will ship. The cost is a bit more on a per can but still very affordable.

Yeah. Their canneries and distribution centers have been around forever. An excellent resource for food storage and I think the most I've ever been asked is if I was a member or not, but they didn't seem to care much if you aren't. Never any pressure other than the offer to help yourself to any of their literature. I don't know if they have "member" and "non-member" pricing, but I certainly wouldn't hold that against them. Excellent values, anyway.

The quality is typically far and wide above other sources we've utilized in the past as well. I think during peak harvest times they rely heavily on volunteer labor from their members, which is likely why they can offer such good bang for your buck deals. I've heard that member volunteers earn "credit" for their labor to use for their own food storage needs so it's a good deal all the way around, but don't know that for sure.

However they do it, it certainly seems to work! :s0155:

All locations:

Portland location:

OR—Portland
AddressPhone
10420 SE 82nd Ave
Happy Valley, OR 97086
971-230-0770
SaturdaysClosed
That's the one I go to. Drove by it my whole life without knowing what it was (it's set back and no signs) until I finally decided to go to one a couple years ago and found it on the net.

It has been a while since I've availed myself of their supply offerings, but they've always been great for bulk food items. Pricing, at least back then, couldn't be beat.

All locations:

Portland location:

OR—Portland
AddressPhone
10420 SE 82nd Ave
Happy Valley, OR 97086
971-230-0770
SaturdaysClosed
Been in that complex many times and had no idea it was there. Thank you!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top