JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
3% eh? I've been in the market for over thirty years, with an average return of 15%. This will be my first down year. I like my odds.

I survived Jimmy Carter, I'll survive Biden.
Yep.
Even a market correction that we're likely going to see won't erase the personal gains of so many of us even over the past five years.
I suppose I could throw my money in a mattress, but I'm not a Marks from Spokane.

I got the cash when a stock I owned doubled due to a buyout.

I haven't reinvested the money yet.

So I figure every day I wait I get a 3% return.
I have a position in USOI that pays out monthly dividends. I have had an 11.4% return in coupons alone just for this year. It's monthly coupons are payed out based on how well the oil company USO does and oil has had, and I think will have, a solid place in the market for the rest of the summer.

I shifted into dividend stocks starting in early 2001. I figured that in a down market, at least I'd have some positive cash flow and there is always the chance that dividend stocks wouldn't drop as much as the rest of the market.

who would think that a good hedge for a market in freefall would be a dead company like Sears? Up 185%!!

1652119727371.png

52 week low on both the S&P and the DOW. Don't worry it really is just a correction and not a bear market... Right??? The S&P is awful close to down 20%. I still don't think were done yet.

52 week low on both the S&P and the DOW. Don't worry it really is just a correction and not a bear market... Right??? The S&P is awful close to down 20%. I still don't think were done yet.
SPY just wiped off all the gains for a year.
Bitcoin just fell off a cliff,
VIX (volitility index) is more labile than a crack addict on free crack day.

You know what they say about certain mondays on the stock market.

Lets see if the crime can prop it back up tomorrow or not.

SPY just wiped off all the gains for a year.
Bitcoin just fell off a cliff,
VIX (volitility index) is more labile than a crack addict on free crack day.

You know what they say about certain mondays on the stock market.

Lets see if the crime can prop it back up tomorrow or not.
The BTC and overall crypto market trend bothers me more than the regular market. It shows how uncomfortably these markets are linked, or at least appears to show that to me when one of the ideas behind crypto in its own market was independence from traditional.

The BTC and overall crypto market trend bothers me more than the regular market. It shows how uncomfortably these markets are linked, or at least appears to show that to me when one of the ideas behind crypto in its own market was independence from traditional.
People are already linking the crash in the UST stable coin with Citadel. They dumped the coin to rapidly drop the price manipulating the market. Then UST would then have to purchase a bunch of bitcoin to try and keep their price "Stable" further dumping the price of bitcoin that they have shorted. They are doing this to make money to pay off huge losses in the market because some of their schemes to destroy companies are not playing through.

All an interesting theory but just goes to show how the financial companies will happily steal from everyone in any way possible.

1652205338495.png

Oh thank goodness inflation is down to 8.2% all because of lower fuel costs. . That was a close one. Everyone enjoying the big drop in gasoline prices? I filled up at $6.10 a gallon yesterday and I'm so thankful because it was way up there at $5.80 last week.

1652291638361.png

SPY should hit an all time high any second now....i'll just wait....

Oh thank goodness inflation is down to 8.2% all because of lower fuel costs. . That was a close one. Everyone enjoying the big drop in gasoline prices? I filled up at $6.10 a gallon yesterday and I'm so thankful because it was way up there at $5.80 last week.

View attachment 1196877

SPY should hit an all time high any second now....i'll just wait....
Stop it with the doom and gloom. Brandon is setting all kind of records! Inflation, low paying jobs, national deficit, Border crossings, stock market 52 week lows, fuel prices and a host of other things. COME ON MAN! #WINNING

Oh wow. Lucky me. I own the DOW's worst performer and the 2nd worst performer (so far this year). Yeah.....DIS and BA.

Nope. I don't plan to sell anytime soon.

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top