JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Apple did well again today and reports swirling of its first 100 BILLION dollar quarter. It looks really well positioned to continue the run into earnings next week. Glad I have 20 March 150 call options with a great average of $221 an option. Looks like silver is going to slowly bleed over the next several weeks unless something happens. The continued printing of money can only keep it down so long though. Got almost 10000 shares of LAIX locked and loaded as that chart looks fantastic, has a ton of volume and looks primed to take off.

I didn't read all the posts so I apologize if someone commented a post similar to mine
I am really curious on how the stock market can be so positive while there is rampant unemployment, the government is giving away trillions of dollars. Student loans may soon be forgiven, renters don't have to pay landlords anymore, a third of folks have had to pull money out of their retirement accounts to survive. I am wondering on when the stock market bubble will burst.

You answered your own question. A bubble.

Also, look at what companies are leading the market , what sectors . Customers of these companies are mostly not the people that are unemployed, rent, or had to dip into their savings. These are also the people who own stocks in those companies, and have the means to buy more. The show goes on.

I didn't read all the posts so I apologize if someone commented a post similar to mine
I am really curious on how the stock market can be so positive while there is rampant unemployment, the government is giving away trillions of dollars. Student loans may soon be forgiven, renters don't have to pay landlords anymore, a third of folks have had to pull money out of their retirement accounts to survive. I am wondering on when the stock market bubble will burst.

You answered your own question. A bubble.

Also, look at what companies are leading the market , what sectors . Customers of these companies are mostly not the people that are unemployed, rent, or had to dip into their savings. These are also the people who own stocks in those companies, and have the means to buy more. The show goes on.
Yep. Notice the folks bragging about making a grand in a week in the market, then the chips are down and they post links to why we need stimulus checks.

My take is lack of other options that may yield more return. Interest rates are at historical lows and seem to be staying low for the near future.. As a general picture, Vanguard total market bond fund yields a 1.11% dividend, the total stock market fund yields 1.37%. Yes, a whopping .26%. If you want to go crazy go to the value index fund and find a return of about 2.5%.

I'm with you on all the points that you listed and yes, I think that we are in bubble zone. When it pops, nobody knows...

Have an asset allocation that you are comfortable with and stay with it for the long term.

Yep. Notice the folks bragging about making a grand in a week in the market, then the chips are down and they post links to why we need stimulus checks.

Well, technically, stimulus checks are tax rebates so I don't have too much of a problem with that, except that they are not pre-rated for how much people earn (except when you get above a certain income, which is just the opposite of what is fair for a rebate).

But we all know they are not really rebates, that is just double speak for doling out dollars.

I am not bragging about how much I get from my investments, I am commenting on how nice it feels to make a return on my investments. On average it has been a 7% return, and when you have enough invested that can be really nice. I have not touched a cent of it yet, and I hope to not have to pull any out (except to reinvest it when I am 72 and have to make RMDs) - the idea is to hold it for my daughter who cannot afford to save and has no savings.

WOW....DOW is up over 600 points so far today. 2-2-2021.

Aloha, Mark
Well, technically, stimulus checks are tax rebates so I don't have too much of a problem with that, except that they are not pre-rated for how much people earn (except when you get above a certain income, which is just the opposite of what is fair for a rebate).

But we all know they are not really rebates, that is just double speak for doling out dollars.

I am not bragging about how much I get from my investments, I am commenting on how nice it feels to make a return on my investments. On average it has been a 7% return, and when you have enough invested that can be really nice. I have not touched a cent of it yet, and I hope to not have to pull any out (except to reinvest it when I am 72 and have to make RMDs) - the idea is to hold it for my daughter who cannot afford to save and has no savings.

Don't feel guiltily for being successful at saving and investing. Your cause is nor noble then mine. I myself hope to one day to blow it all on hookers and blow! Seriously thought the best way to make money in the market is to learn what works and whats not. Hard to do that without talking about it.

I too fear a bubble.
That was another reason for me to switch (for my looooong term retirement account) from 100% stocks to a 50/50 stock portfolio. I should mention that I'm 62 y.o. Will it work? Who knows.

BTW.....I'm still telling my GF and son to keep dollar cost averaging.

Then.....about feeling positive.....
Well, don't look over in my direction.:eek:

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Apple did well again today and reports swirling of its first 100 BILLION dollar quarter. It looks really well positioned to continue the run into earnings next week. Glad I have 20 March 150 call options with a great average of $221 an option. Looks like silver is going to slowly bleed over the next several weeks unless something happens. The continued printing of money can only keep it down so long though. Got almost 10000 shares of LAIX locked and loaded as that chart looks fantastic, has a ton of volume and looks primed to take off.

Also just to recap I sold 75% of my March Apple options the day before earnings and glad I did as it dumped after earning. Gonna roll with the last 5 calls till Apple runs or they decay more. Still have my SLV March calls but think I am going to sell my March calls on any pop this coming week and extend them out a ways as a hedge. LAIX was all sold at opening on Friday when it hit for $8+ move a share. Took my LAIX killing and got some AMD calls and TESLA 2022 $500 puts.

this thread is awesome, ( at least to me). i'm still learning everything i can about stocks, bonds, etf's, tax liabilities, holding long term, while still playing around with some lose-able funds, for quick gains.
just wanted to thank folks for the useful info thats been posted.
I'm not afraid of a correction, I'm prepared for it. it's inevitable at some point i would think.

Stocks (all 3 major indices) appears to be headed towards another record close. So far today 2-8-2021......DOW is up 109 pts. 2 hours before the close.......

Yeah.....no guarantees and all that.

Aloha, Mark

PS....I hear that Congress is considering a "Universal Basic Income". Cough, cough..... Yeah.....that would be sure to light up the stock market. And (at the same time) likely devalue the buying power of all of my savings, etc.....

Last Edited:
3c3043404c41013948c6005056a9545d.gif

this thread is awesome, ( at least to me). i'm still learning everything i can about stocks, bonds, etf's, tax liabilities, holding long term, while still playing around with some lose-able funds, for quick gains.
just wanted to thank folks for the useful info thats been posted.
I'm not afraid of a correction, I'm prepared for it. it's inevitable at some point i would think.

All I know about stocks and bonds is, when I hear on the radio/TV that the market is down, DON'T LOOK!
Am I the only one that has sharp guy at somewhere like Morgan Stanley managing a portfolio? I couldn't imagine ME, EVER, dicking around with stuff like that.

Just sold 300 shares of Tesla I bought at $160 a share in May. I'm shaking....

Yeah, I know he'll probably split tomorrow. My wife , bless her heart, sold her shares of the Soviet gas utility Gasprom she was granted 25 years ago after the Soviet Union broke up. Got $14,000 for them. Bought an apartment in St Petersburg. They'd be worth $4 million now. She still owns the apartment.

I'm practically shackling myself to prevent myself from reinvesting in something goofy like Dogecoin. I know I could make 40 grand in a day and get out but I try not to look at the market like its gambling. It is.

Last Edited:
Probably not a bad time to get out of Tesla. It's only at a PE of 1330/1.:rolleyes: Apple and Google are around 35/1 and Amazon 80ish/1. Its gonna come back to earth. When it does I hope I got enough powder to take advantage. Got 2 June 2022 $500 puts right now.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top