JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Re mags for p365. My usa mag that came with the gun is a flat finish and looks like it would rust very easily. Think of a piece of raw flat steel for welding etc you buy at farm store or whatever. Can't recall if it came with 2 of those but I think so.

It also came with an included holster and factory 12 round mag. That mag is a very shiny metal that looks like it would resist rust a lot. Think of a car with glossy paint and clear coat. It's more like that. That one is made by mecgar in Italy, not usa. Since then a bought a couple more which are both made in Italy and they are the glossy metal.

I don't have any rusty ones (I coat with ceramic lube or Eezox which both resist rust) but it looks to me based on past experience that the flat usa ones would rust very easily. It looks to me like the glossy ones would be extremely hard to rust.

Btw I changed the sig red dot battery that came with the gun today and the battery says "Swiss made".

Anyway re mags bottom line go with the glossy Italian made ones if you can. If someone else has direct experience of rust between the two that contradicts this, then I would go with that.

Usa flat finish mag pic from internet
7C93090A-338F-4FEA-86EA-A5B9747F8A5D.jpeg
Italian glosssy finish mag pic from
Internet (not p365 but same glossy finish)
90368533-2DC6-4DDA-9385-6E785C24F29A.jpeg

Last Edited:
The links I provided aren't mine, just quick info that is easily found online. I have no dog in this fight, I made the thread originally to get the word out to people that maybe hadn't heard of the issues.I didn't know about all the issues myself until I did some digging. I want all NWFA members to stay safe and shoot safe. That said, people can praise Sig or whatever they like. I have my opinions, others are welcome to theirs. :)

Edited to add: I've read countless Glock bashing threads/posts and I don't get my panties in a wad. Everyone has their opinions. :)

The links I provided aren't mine, just quick info that is easily found online. I have no dog in this fight, I made the thread originally to get the word out to people that maybe hadn't heard of the issues.I didn't know about all the issues myself until I did some digging. I want all NWFA members to stay safe and shoot safe. That said, people can praise Sig or whatever they like. I have my opinions, others are welcome to theirs. :)

Edited to add: I've read countless Glock bashing threads/posts and I don't get my panties in a wad. Everyone has their opinions. :)
I would hazard a guess that NWFA members can find online info that is easily found, on their own.

I like and own both Glocks and SIGs.
I don't like to see gun manufacturers disparaged or slandered with unproven or inaccurate and/or false information.
And some of this comes from the anti-gun community.

I would hazard a guess that NWFA members can find online info that is easily found, on their own.

I like and own both Glocks and SIGs.
I don't like to see gun manufacturers disparaged or slandered with unproven or inaccurate and/or false information.
And some of this comes from the anti-gun community.
So if it's easy found we shouldn't bring it up? What's the point of the forums then? Just an echo chamber?

Also, please point out the false information that's been posted. Everything I have linked is accurate, no conspiracy theories. No manufacturer gets a free pass from me nor should they.

Personally I'm skeptical that the P320 is quite as problematic as its reputation would suggest. The mag over-insertion issue can be demonstrated, but is also preventable I suppose. The other stuff seems less thoroughly proven. That said, there are some awesome (as in arguably better) pistols for about the same (if not less) money out there; so it leaves me wondering why bother?

So does the m17 version with manual safety fall into the "possible" accidental discharge category too?

Or not if safety is on?

Is it fair to assume LEO would buy the m17 version or no?

So does the m17 version with manual safety fall into the "possible" accidental discharge category too?

Or not if safety is on?
[/QUOTE]
The alleged "un-commanded discharge reports" are coming mostly from LE and not the military, where the bulk of M17/18 are.
The accusers thus far have not been able to prove that the firearm will fire un-commanded.
Is it fair to assume LEO would buy the m17 version or no?
[/QUOTE]
No idea on what they would buy.

The guy being interviewed (a firearms expert I guess) says Sigs are the best guns in the world but the 320 should be recalled (again).

Last Edited:

The guy being interviewed (a firearms expert I guess) says Sigs are the best guns in the world but the 320 should be recalled (again).
You can see in the video he was already pulling the gun as he is putting his car in park. It is definitely plausible that he had his finger on the trigger which would be a ND vs AD.

Then when news slows video the pistol in hand is clearly visible.

This whole thing right here has been shown to be a farce.
In a frame-by-frame you can see the cop's finger inside the trigger guard as he draws his weapon.
The still was posted back in this thread.

Couple that with the alleged "armorer's assessment" and you have a real train wreck.

It is fun to re-post every now and then.
It's a perfect poster child for these P320 "self-discharging" events.
Very typical.

This is the sort of thread topic that should probably be tabled until the litigation is complete.

Pretty confident, that since the court proceedings have been ongoing for a while, and nothing yet has been leaked, that SIG will skate on this one.

"20 highly trained federal agents, police and civilians..." Of course, let's not forget about the 74-year-old Air Force vet (does the AF even have pistols? Wouldn't the 1911 or Model 15 have been his thing?), he must have been "highly trained" as well.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top