JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
While researching the other topic I just posted about the tinted windows and CCW, I came across this sticker:

Driver Carries Concealed Weapon Window Sticker Decal Concealed Carry Concealed Firearm - Red Rock Decals

concealed_weapon_1.jpg

I'm uncertain if this is a good idea or a bad one. I see what they are trying to do, but to me, it also seems like an advertisement that you potentially have a gun *in* the vehicle (and of course you're no where near it when someone is reading the sticker most likely).

It also seems like a bit of "brandishing" or "threatening" in a sense. It's like the T-Shirts that have a similar message. I mean, the whole point of carrying concealed is that nobody should know you have a firearm right?

Just curious what the general consensus is on these kinds of statements (stickers, tshirts, etc) and how effective or detrimental they are to the individual and to "the cause". Do you think it will really deter a criminal, or will it egg them on?

Furthermore, isn't this sticker all bark and no bite? I mean, even if you saw someone stealing your car (assuming you are not *in* it -- otherwise that is carjacking and a whole different crime), you can't lethally defend your property anyways, right?

concealed_weapon_1.jpg

One of my family friends is a NRA Instructor, he also lives in White Center, which if you aren't familiar, was once a decent middle class neighborhood and is now an absolute hellhole. (It's the only place I'VE had a gun pulled on me.)

ANYWHO, he once faced a carjacking over there on Ambaum... He pointed to his NRA sticker on his truck, the attacker thought better of it and booked it. YMMV

ETA- Also, ANY kind of Gun sticker whether it implicitly says "Concealed Carry Permit Holder" or just an NRA or manufacturer sticker, pretty much is a advertisement that you have guns and could be carrying one.

I think the stickers aren't the best idea.Like having a cannabis sticker on the back window.
Look at me!

But I have one I do want to have made

STOP..Please
Don't break any windows
The radio is broke and the phone,camera,GPS, and GUN
are all with me,so nothing to steal
OK maybe $3.72 in change.

Those stickers rank right up there with Concealed Carry Badges...

and the guys who will put this sticker on their cars are the same guys who look like total bubblegumin marks to begin with. "hay! i have exactly what you want!" it might as well say, stuck to the side of your foreign economy-car, and then they look at your clean, pressed shirt and your glasses, your soft jowls and neatly cropped/combed hair.... "lets get this bubblegum."

please don't announce you pack.

Those stickers rank right up there with Concealed Carry Badges

+1 :s0155: :s0155:

8 US Presidents have been NRA members
80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
Arms Collectors of South West Washington member

Ditto to all the above. Why would you advertise that you carry? I know some guys that would use a sticker like that... and I don't hang out with 'em. It falls into the "I'm a badazz" catagory.. :rolleyes:

Concealed means concealed. Your best defense is the element of suprise.

Ditto to all the above. Why would you advertise that you carry? I know some guys that would use a sticker like that... and I don't hang out with 'em. It falls into the "I'm a badazz" catagory.. :rolleyes:

Concealed means concealed. Your best defense is the element of suprise.

Yep, Nuff said.

NO STICKERS PERIOD The only sticker I want on my car is the one the State of Oregon makes me PAY through the nose for every two years.

Last thing I want is anyone I don't know to form an idea I am friend or foe based on some stupid sticker. I rather make them read the crap I post on the internet.

Stupid idea. First, and unfortunately, a lot of people who carry have LMD in the first place. If nothing else it gives some jerk the desire to taunt you into pulling out your gun. You comply; he calls the cops; you get your gun taken away, arrested, etc, etc.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top