JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have the "Driver has less than $20 of ammunition" sticker on my beater truck. It's not my daily driver though and it has a variety of gun related stickers on it just for fun.

Seems stupid.

I don't mind people open carrying, it seems to have many tactical advantages to me and can help propagate the idea that lots of normal people have guns (well... depending on the person doing it LOL). Not really for me since I don't like the hassle or attention, but I can see the reasoning behind it.

That said, you know how some people here are so vehemently against open carry? This sticker represents every argument against open carry. It's in-your-face politics and nothing else. As far as anyone else on the road knows, the driver is just another one of those irritating, loud-mouthed, stereotypical gun nuts they see in the movies--and in this case they'd probably be right! It has absolutely no tactical advantages either. If anything it makes your car more likely to be broken into.

I hate any and all stickers on my vehicles, its not a billboard IMHO. Putting a sticker like that around the PNW is akin to putting a, "I miss Reagan" (saw one this morning... loved it), or "W-04" sticker, you're asking for some of the famously "tolerant" liberals around here to keystroke your car paint! :D

The stickers that are the most dangerous are the ones people are putting on the rear windows that represent their family members with the little "cartoon people"... thats just great, give a sicko behind you intel on the number of family members, their gender, their relative age (based on the relative size of the character chosen), and sometimes NAMES under each "cartoon character"!!

Once I almost mentioned it to a lady who had those on her car in a parking lot, but thought... naw, she'll think I'm a jerk... and far be it form me to interrupt the process of natural selection! :s0114:

The stickers that are the most dangerous are the ones people are putting on the rear windows that represent their family members with the little "cartoon people"... thats just great, give a sicko behind you intel on the number of family members, their gender, their relative age (based on the relative size of the character chosen), and sometimes NAMES under each "cartoon character"!!

i was actually just talking with a family friend recently who's a former LEO that dealt with abductions... he's noted on numerous times "don't let your wife ever put one on her car. what happens when she drops the kids off at school and mr white van lost puppy i'm your dad's/mom's friend says 'hey johnny!, im here to pick you up'."

Never seen the appeal of stickers on one's car, unless its for a parking permit. I can't stand the car dealers that put metal/plastic dealer name plates on cars, especially if drilled/bolted on.

I saw a "Yes we did!" sticker yesterday with the Obama logo... that one may come back to haunt the car owner.

In a lot of locales such stickers (NRA stickers too) will get you followed home and cased for a home break in while you are at work. You are needlessly informing that you are a gun owner

I've tossed out this little factoid before, but it's worth repeating. Wish I could remember now where I heard it and substantiate it.

Propensity for road-rage correlates with the number of stickers on a car. Doesn't matter if they're biblical verses or the kid pissin' on the FORD emblem, MADD or DAMM (Drunks Against MADD Mothers.) It's just the *number* of stickers -- something about it relating to the driver's territoriality WRT their wheels.

A moment's thought for search terms, et voilà...

http://www.nature.com/news/2008/080613/full/news.2008.889.html
http://www.newsweek.com/blogs/lab-notes/2008/06/16/bumper-stickers-road-rage.html

MrB+
--
Workinig my way up to A--

Last Edited:
Don't have any bumper stickers on my rigs. But, thought these would be of interest.

bumper_obama.jpg

It sucks that a small percentage of gun owners makes the rest of us look bad...

I'm sure it sounded like a great idea in his mind, deterrence etc., but yea, I agree, it's just opening up a bunch of trouble from the criminal element... and the law.. (Because you don't always necessarily want to declare your carrying right?)

regardless, to each their own, and like that previous guy posted, "who are we to mess with natural selection.."

Also, I am a firm believer that it is a bad idea to put those family stickers on the back. It's funny that the first thing I thought of was the whole abduction scenario, It takes a special kind of person to be situational aware..

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top