JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
just my opinion. Someone politely asks me to respect their premises while respecting my rights I'm going to oblige. I can still carry concealed seems reasonable to me. This isn't the same as a business that took a stand against 2A rights but has walked the line to respect both sides. Its quite obvious the only thing gained by continuing to open carry into Starbucks is they are going to establish a no gun policy, kinda like shooting yourself in the foot one more win for the other side.

skitched-20130809-172049.jpg

A coffee shop is a pretty weak guy to pick on.
Be honest... Do you boycott hospitals, your workplace, grocery stores who ask you not to carry?

Do hospitals, my job and my grocery stores openly involve themselves in political stances? No.

Do you honestly take the opposite stance just to spark argument and internal dissent?

I don't open carry anywhere (except the range, obviously) but my best friend does and he's a regular Starbucks customer. He's never open carried there as part of a group - it's just his morning routine. He's never had a problem with anyone. The baristas know him by name, they prepare his drink before he opens the door, and they love him.

He has mixed feelings today. I don't think he's going back.

If you read the open letter, Schultz refers to open carry...but he also clearly asks people not to bring guns into the store or even onto the property.

I wish he hadn't gone that far. I don't think he had to. He could have asked people not to use the stores as rallying points, and requested that if you were going to visit that you keep your weapon concealed for the comfort of people with children, for example. (I know we don't all have CPLs - not trying to be exclusionary, but offer an example of what he could have done.)

No, it isn't a ban - but he was quite clear. Your gun isn't welcome. It's his business, it's his decision, and I respect it. Consequently, no more Starbucks for me. If I am to be shunned in favor of Mom's Demand, I'm not going to pay them for the privilege.

[h=1][/h] By Onan Coca / 19 September 2013 / 33 comments

50 Share91 15

In light of the recent events at the Navy Yard in Washington, D.C. the folks at Starbucks would rather you conservative gun toting freaks keep out of their stores. Ok, maybe that’s a little strong, they technically didn’t say that. In fact, their comments were much more respectful than that. Here is what Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz had to say on their company’s Facebook page.
Today Howard Schultz is respectfully requesting that customers no longer bring weapons into Starbucks stores, even where local laws allow. Read more here: http://sbux.co/1eNZUW2
I have heard much harsher criticism from the left over a great many issues, so I won’t harbor any ill will to Mr. Schultz who at least had the manners to speak to us in a respectful manner.
Starbucks is a private business that has every right to decide whether or not to serve me because I happen to carry my weapon with me on a daily basis. I respect and admire an American capitalist for being willing to risk losing customers by taking a stand he sees as principled. However, that being said, Mr. Schultz and Starbucks can also be sure that they won’t ever see a dime from me again.
The 2nd​ Amendment to the Constitution guarantees my right to bear arms at all times. The city of Chicago may disagree, the folks in the capitol building in Atlanta may disagree, and Mr. Schultz of Starbucks may disagree -- but they are wrong. So, as long as Illinois continues <broken link removed> against law abiding gun holders – I won’t be visiting the land of Lincoln. I’ll spend my tourist dollars elsewhere. As long as the legislators in Atlanta who vote to violate my 2nd​ Amendment rights by enforcing dumb regulations or not signing off on more freedom… I will vote against them. That includes Governor Deal. Starbucks makes a ton of money. They are one of (if not the) nation’s most important, powerful, wealthy coffee institution, and they will likely not miss my presence. However, if my freedom is not welcome in their stores, then I am not welcome in their stores.
<broken link removed> Mr. Schultz may have delivered a respectful and well-worded essay on why he didn't want our weapons in his chain of coffee houses - but what he was really saying was that he doesn't want any of us Republican, conservative, libertarian, NRA loving, gun toting, anti-government hate mongering freaks in his stores.
Hey may sound nicer than the leftists on MSNBC, but the message is the same - we don’t want your kind around.
Well don’t worry Starbucks. I won’t be bothering you with my dollars anymore. I’ll get my coffee elsewhere. -2103487220.jpg

Obviously you are a lefty gun guy.

:s0114: Labels are funny, hard to get past them.
If you don't follow my ideology 100%, obviously you must belong to the other side.

For me: If we are getting the left and right both pissed off, we are probably on course.

For Groucho Marx: "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."

A gun control truth revealed by Starbucks story

Reacting to yesterday's appeal to gun-toters by Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz to not carry their firearms into Starbucks coffee shops, Washington Ceasefire's Ralph Fascitelli allowed his candor to reveal the true nature of the gun control lobby when he told the Seattle Times this was "a good first step."

<broken link removed>

I don't open carry anywhere (except the range, obviously) but my best friend does and he's a regular Starbucks customer. He's never open carried there as part of a group - it's just his morning routine. He's never had a problem with anyone. The baristas know him by name, they prepare his drink before he opens the door, and they love him.

He has mixed feelings today. I don't think he's going back.

If you read the open letter, Schultz refers to open carry...but he also clearly asks people not to bring guns into the store or even onto the property.

I wish he hadn't gone that far. I don't think he had to. He could have asked people not to use the stores as rallying points, and requested that if you were going to visit that you keep your weapon concealed for the comfort of people with children, for example. (I know we don't all have CPLs - not trying to be exclusionary, but offer an example of what he could have done.)

No, it isn't a ban - but he was quite clear. Your gun isn't welcome. It's his business, it's his decision, and I respect it. Consequently, no more Starbucks for me. If I am to be shunned in favor of Mom's Demand, I'm not going to pay them for the privilege.

Tell him to still go. They won't do anything. The employees are not allowed to say or do anything if someone open carries in their stores. The request from the CEO was just that.. a request. If this guy is a regular and they know him by name, they won't do anything. They're not even allowed to mention the gun. They were trained this past week on how to completely ignore it and serve their customers just like before. I really think the main point of the request was to leave them out of the debate, stop the appreciation days, rallies in their stores, and using their logos to support the cause. They never wanted any of that and it got out of hand, from people on BOTH sides of the issue.

A gun control truth revealed by Starbucks story

Reacting to yesterday’s appeal to gun-toters by Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz to not carry their firearms into Starbucks coffee shops, Washington Ceasefire’s Ralph Fascitelli allowed his candor to reveal the true nature of the gun control lobby when he told the Seattle Times this was “a good first step.”

<broken link removed>

This pretty much spells it out. It's all anti gun strategy. Your critical thinking skills will see it.

The antis you run into often change their mind when confronted politely by irrefutable numbers and sources. I don't need "cooked up" studies and fear to make my case. But that's all the antis have. Pop that misinformed bubble and people tend to change their tune unless they are just crazy on the issue. Those people are beyond convincing and immune to all fact and logic and argument. THOSE people, I have nothing but contempt for and I have no problem showing that contempt.

This is pretty much an accurate description of an anti I hang out with regularly. Nice guy, but full of made up nonsense when it comes to guns. And loudmouthed too (from NYC, so there you go), so I just don't even engage in conversations on the topic with him. I occasionally point out clear fallacies in his thinking and arguments and enjoy the "yeah but,...." followed by more blah blah. Otherwise he's a nice guy though.

Tell him to still go. They won't do anything. The employees are not allowed to say or do anything if someone open carries in their stores. The request from the CEO was just that.. a request. If this guy is a regular and they know him by name, they won't do anything. They're not even allowed to mention the gun. They were trained this past week on how to completely ignore it and serve their customers just like before. I really think the main point of the request was to leave them out of the debate, stop the appreciation days, rallies in their stores, and using their logos to support the cause. They never wanted any of that and it got out of hand, from people on BOTH sides of the issue.

Or how about not give them any more money? Not that corporate will care, but those employees will notice his absence.

They said weapons are not welcome in their stores unless you are a police officer. This is the bottom line aside from all the political verbiage trying to step around egg-shells, because they still want your money.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads