JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Tell him to still go. They won't do anything. The employees are not allowed to say or do anything if someone open carries in their stores. The request from the CEO was just that.. a request. If this guy is a regular and they know him by name, they won't do anything. They're not even allowed to mention the gun. They were trained this past week on how to completely ignore it and serve their customers just like before. I really think the main point of the request was to leave them out of the debate, stop the appreciation days, rallies in their stores, and using their logos to support the cause. They never wanted any of that and it got out of hand, from people on BOTH sides of the issue.

I'm sure you're correct about the baristas; I agree - I wouldn't be at all concerned about that. I think the "Moms Demand You Gun Owners STFDASTFU" types are emboldened at this point, and since I'm in the Seattle area, there's a good chance one of these customers would make an issue out of it.

He's also a bit like me. I just don't impose myself on a business that has made clear they prefer a different sort of customer. (I guess where many of us differ is in the message we heard/received - I heard, "We don't want to choose, but if we must, we choose against you." And that's fine. I choose another way to buy coffee.)

A gun control truth revealed by Starbucks story

Reacting to yesterday’s appeal to gun-toters by Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz to not carry their firearms into Starbucks coffee shops, Washington Ceasefire’s Ralph Fascitelli allowed his candor to reveal the true nature of the gun control lobby when he told the Seattle Times this was “a good first step.”

<broken link removed>

People need to understand the (frankly Leftist) movement/tactic they're dealing with. They don't stop pushing. They win, and then immediately start looking for the next bit of their will they can impose on you.

Some gun owners think all this is reasonable. It may appear so now. A year from now, not so much. They won't be happy until you can't take your gun anywhere - if they "let" you have it at all.

And that's just the truth.

Generally I can't fault the guy and I can see where he is coming from, despite the fact that I am a bit disappointed at this turn of events since "Moms against whatever" will see it as a victory.

He is being very dodgy here though:
>>Why did Starbucks become a theater of the gun debate?
>>"Our stores are a meeting place, coffee's been part of conversation for hundreds of years" he said. This fact "became a natural opportunity for people to use us as a staging ground."

In fact it became the focus of this debate because Moms Against Gun Sense In America or whatever they are called decided to make a big stink about it and we rallied around Starbucks.

The only problem was that we didn't need to bring tons of guns to their store or stage rallies there in order show our support. T-shirts or even just writing a letter of gratitude would have done it. At first I was very upset about this decision of theirs, but I have thought about it and decided not to be too upset at the CEO. I think he got stuck in the middle and we, quite frankly, kind of forced his hand here.

I'm perfectly willing to admit I'm also slightly disappointed. Part of me hopes everyone in any position of decision-making is super pro-gun, and anything that goes remotely against that turns me off. But I'm also a business man, and I do firmly believe in property rights. I also understand what must be the great frustration that must have accompanied the process of this decision- they asked over and over to not be made a platform for political positions they didn't want to bear, and were continually ignored. Disrespected.

Well guess what? Disrespect me, you can just get the hell off my property, then, and I don't care what your cause is. But they didn't even take that totally justifiable position- they just took a position that makes you look like double the ***-hat you already look like walking into their joint with a firearm burning like a beacon of screw-you on their hips/across their chests/slung down their backs.

This is pretty much an accurate description of an anti I hang out with regularly. Nice guy, but full of made up nonsense when it comes to guns. And loudmouthed too (from NYC, so there you go), so I just don't even engage in conversations on the topic with him. I occasionally point out clear fallacies in his thinking and arguments and enjoy the "yeah but,...." followed by more blah blah. Otherwise he's a nice guy though.

Those kind of "nice guys" are dangerous to American freedom !

I love that movie
"Quigly down under"
Especially that line near the end.
"This isn't Doge City and You aren't Wyatt Earp"
The guys laying there ventilated with the WTF look on his face.
The "carry in events" are what got the anti's all stirred up and caused this turn in their policy.
A better plan would have been just business as usual and a nice thank you letter for their stance.
I am betting if more carry in events like that happen at places, a lot of OC folks will have that look on their faces when hundreds or thousands of similar signs go up.
Just OC if you want, but be a hit more sensible about it. If you try to draw attention to yourself in not good ways it will bite you in the azz.
Antis are a venomous brainless lot and most have a lot of time while they stay at home feeding off our taxes. They put it to use putting a stink on everything they can.

I still dont like Starbucks for another reason. People gripe about ammo prices.
My gripe is 4 to 5 dollars for a damned cup of coffee.
That is a larger cause for us not going there.
There is actually better coffee available at other places for 1/4 that price.
And doesn't even bring politics into play.
We have bigger fights to win on the 2nd amendment issues and several other political fronts. Seriously.

I still dont like Starbucks for another reason. People gripe about ammo prices.
My gripe is 4 to 5 dollars for a damned cup of coffee.
That is a larger cause for us not going there.
There is actually better coffee available at other places for 1/4 that price.
And doesn't even bring politics into play.
We have bigger fights to win on the 2nd amendment issues and several other political fronts. Seriously.

Where can you get a latte for a buck?

Costco I believe. At least, that's what my wife tells me. $1.50 for some milky coffee-like drink.

The nice thing about Starbucks is that refills are cheap ($0.50 plus tax) or free if you have a Starbucks card. Since I go there regularly, I have one of those cards. So that offsets the cost of the fancy drink a little, if you're having two. Or three. :)

Not at black rock, my go-to lately.

A really good cup of black coffee can be had for .65 for seniors and around a buck at Micky D's (yes odd place for good coffee) but it is excellent. Actually tastes like coffee without the bitter and the acids. But I have a hunch their coffee comes from Seattle's Best. They can keep the rest of their stuff, but that is damned good coffee at an actual fair price.

Unfortunatley I had to go in a Starbucks today, not by choice, had to meet someone there. I didn't buy anything, but I had no problem taking up a seat and best of all I did this with my pistol concealed in my waist band and as usual nobody got hurt or knew any better.

Thanks for the free chair Starbucks. My pistol and I look forward to taking up space sometime again.

I was in a Safeweird today to get some coffee for the pot at home. I waltzed right by the Starbucks counter inside and went to the coffee aisle. Grabbed a pound of Seattle's Best and paid for it....all the while with Mr. makarovsky in my coat pocket. Nothing but a few Ohhhh what a handsome biker comments. You could hear the estrogen dripping on the tile floor:cool:

Brutus Out

Status

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class