JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I was in a Safeweird today to get some coffee for the pot at home. I waltzed right by the Starbucks counter inside and went to the coffee aisle. Grabbed a pound of Seattle's Best and paid for it....all the while with Mr. makarovsky in my coat pocket. Nothing but a few Ohhhh what a handsome biker comments. You could hear the estrogen dripping on the tile floor:cool:

Brutus Out

LOL,
Seattle's Best Coffee is owned by Starbucks.:s0114:

That 's right I remember those bubblegum ears bought SBC out about 10-15 years ago because SBC made better coffee. curse you Red Baron! Usuall get Boondocks Bay but we wiz short.

Brutus out

True, but Starbucks benefits only on the wholesale level with places like McDonalds.
Also shows what Starbucks should actually be charging for their coffee, when someone that buys through them
can sell for far far less and still make a profit.

We should all open carry at McDonalds.....

Seattles best for under a buck

Last Edited:
I was in a Safeweird today to get some coffee for the pot at home. I waltzed right by the Starbucks counter inside and went to the coffee aisle. Grabbed a pound of Seattle's Best and paid for it....all the while with Mr. makarovsky in my coat pocket. Nothing but a few Ohhhh what a handsome biker comments. You could hear the estrogen dripping on the tile floor:cool:

Brutus Out

We're you wearing your red Santa-Biker suit again? ;)

I think what you CHL people are doing is not seeing the bigger issues. First off another company is indeed not wanting The People to carry their firearms in a public store(open and concealed carry). I understand a business owner has that right but it is what it is. Secondly I see once again the CHL crowd throwing the open carry crowd under the bus. I thought that Starbucks was beside the open carry and concealed people. Heck, they let both come into their store for a looooooooong time until they changed their minds. So now what I hear is even you CHL guys blaming the open carriers for "scaring the people"? Would it be better if the open carriers just leave their firearms at home? Or maybe just never take them into a store? What I hear is you CHL not standing with your Pro- open carry fellow firearm enthusiasts but actually seemingly to condone their right to open carry to be publicly shunned.

Is it really the right thing to do to hide Our firearms from the public eye?

I'm skipping 6 pages of comments cause the amount of overtime I am working limits my time to keep up on this. I apologize if the issue I bring up has been already discussed, but I feel it's important enough to risk duplication.

I believe there is a big difference between "hiding our firearms" and "not shoving them in people's faces." Grabbing coffee while open carrying has for a long time been accepted by Starbucks. Large groups of people loudly talking about polarized political issues while showing off their firearms and glorifying it has been complained about by the company several times.

I love discussions of politics. I love discussions of religion. I love my 2nd amendment rights. I also love trying to be considerate and caring of others that may not be comfortable dealing with these issues, especially when they just want to grab some coffee and maybe sit somewhere quietly. Choosing to respect those people is not giving up my rights. It is being polite.

I do not see how this is suddenly a CHL vs OC issue. Please feel free to explain that to me. I see this as a "don't shove it in others peoples faces" vs "it's my right to shove it in people's faces so I'm going to." I am all in favor of OC. I am not in favor of using a public business space to loudly champion a divisive issue.

Suppose a local group of either anti or pro abortion activists wanted to meet in Starbucks to plan a protest or newsletter. Awesome. Starbucks supports free speech and activist groups buying coffee. This is not the same as those activists planning a protest or demonstration to take place in the Starbucks.

This is what the OC Starbucks Appreciation Day did. It crossed the line from OC while buying coffee to staging political demonstrations inside the public business. Take away all the guns and replace them with signs and Starbucks will have the same issue. They didn't want political demonstrations in their stores.

This is not about OC vs CHL. This is about respecting a businesses wish to not be dragged into a political issue. This is about ignoring repeated requests to not stage political demonstrations in their business, and now Starbucks is asking a little more firmly. They haven't even tried to ban guns yet. They're just asking everyone to stop politicizing their business space. That's it.

This is about polite vs impolite, considerate vs inconsiderate. This is not about rights, politics, or OC vs CHL.

This is at the deepest root about how our society no longer values consideration, elegance, and gentlemanly behavior (heck, maybe it never did). We were inconsiderate and inelegant and now Starbucks is communicating that they expect to be treated with more respect.

I'm skipping 6 pages of comments cause the amount of overtime I am working limits my time to keep up on this. I apologize if the issue I bring up has been already discussed, but I feel it's important enough to risk duplication.

I believe there is a big difference between "hiding our firearms" and "not shoving them in people's faces." Grabbing coffee while open carrying has for a long time been accepted by Starbucks. Large groups of people loudly talking about polarized political issues while showing off their firearms and glorifying it has been complained about by the company several times.

I love discussions of politics. I love discussions of religion. I love my 2nd amendment rights. I also love trying to be considerate and caring of others that may not be comfortable dealing with these issues, especially when they just want to grab some coffee and maybe sit somewhere quietly. Choosing to respect those people is not giving up my rights. It is being polite.

I do not see how this is suddenly a CHL vs OC issue. Please feel free to explain that to me. I see this as a "don't shove it in others peoples faces" vs "it's my right to shove it in people's faces so I'm going to." I am all in favor of OC. I am not in favor of using a public business space to loudly champion a divisive issue.

Suppose a local group of either anti or pro abortion activists wanted to meet in Starbucks to plan a protest or newsletter. Awesome. Starbucks supports free speech and activist groups buying coffee. This is not the same as those activists planning a protest or demonstration to take place in the Starbucks.

This is what the OC Starbucks Appreciation Day did. It crossed the line from OC while buying coffee to staging political demonstrations inside the public business. Take away all the guns and replace them with signs and Starbucks will have the same issue. They didn't want political demonstrations in their stores.

This is not about OC vs CHL. This is about respecting a businesses wish to not be dragged into a political issue. This is about ignoring repeated requests to not stage political demonstrations in their business, and now Starbucks is asking a little more firmly. They haven't even tried to ban guns yet. They're just asking everyone to stop politicizing their business space. That's it.

This is about polite vs impolite, considerate vs inconsiderate. This is not about rights, politics, or OC vs CHL.

This is at the deepest root about how our society no longer values consideration, elegance, and gentlemanly behavior (heck, maybe it never did). We were inconsiderate and inelegant and now Starbucks is communicating that they expect to be treated with more respect.
In that case, I will politely disagree. The antis pushed and us OCers among other firearm enthusiast back by showing support for (at the time) Starbucks acceptance or "tolerance" of firearm owners. They showed that theyd provide equal rights to our group just as they do any other.. Heck, half just attended and didn't even carry! So it wasn't a matter of too many OCers showing up. The antis pushed and pushed and they got their way. Starbucks had biased views anyway and this was their perfect opportunity. Have you met many OCers? MOST are more respectful than an anti will ever be. OCers tend to be on their best behavior where as antis are bubblegums even on their best day. Yes they can get defensive of their rights.. But outside of the political scope they're all (all Ive met) hard working tax paying indeviduals that embrace liberty and freedom.

Antis have no class, they use the deaths of children and skewed racial based deaths to further their agenda. Its sick. They mud sling more than any other group Ive ever seen. They have no dignity or respect.

Its high time we (OCers and other firearm enthusiasts) DO push back!
Through their oppression new and better welcoming businesses will recognize that firearms owners are a giant niche market and they'll capitalize on creating an atmosphere that accepts them (us). Lord knows a pro gun coffee house would get my money any chance I was craving some bean juice.. And there are hundreds of thousands if not millions who feel the same way.

All other groups and creeds cry the loudest and get special privilege without doing so with any real class but rather just being louder and pushier than the perceived oppressors voice. They use the sqeaky wheel methodology to their advantage.

We keep telling ourselves, this fight and that fight isn't worth it. To have class and to have grace.. We give up inches and they gain miles in the long track that is US citizen firearm ownership oppression here in America.

No, we shouldn't. McDonald's doesn't want to be pulled into this, either.

bacchus... There is an Aloha, Oregon, y'know.

Thank you Dave. Just enjoy an expensive cup of good coffee there and not stack anymore straws.
:s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155:

We have a war on our hands and its time to work on moving people more to the right, not push them deeper to the left.
Praise pro businesses with letters and protest antis by withholding $$$ and put the showing and protests to the capitol lawns and front porch.
Now to 2016 we need to take a smart offense. Full out !

BTW, I guess this guy is a idiot/butthead/ "we" freaks for open-carrying?????? I'll be enjoying a cup of coffee at Starbucks tomorrow morning

"Tomorrow morning around 8AM I'll be enjoying a cup of coffee while open carrying at the Starbucks in Downtown St Johns."

Posted by Joey Link

PS. I hope you don't mind me quoting you Joey.

You have got to be shtting me, this is your response?
You've lost the debate here, it's time for you to move on and defend this guy:

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/le...-open-carry-demonstration-gets-publicity.html

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top