JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I won't open carry into a tore that requests I don't carry there. But then again, unless there is no viable option, I won't go in there period.

There is a mall around here that used to have a "no-guns" policy. they also had, unfortunately, the only XXX and YYY stores for 100 miles. I walked in there conceal-carry and just kept it to myself because I really needed to go the XXX and YYY. If not, I would have never darkened their doors.

I respect people's property rights and am loathe to violate their wishes. When it's the only game in town, they can take their sign and shove it. I'll just conceal. Damned if I'll make myself less safe so their lawyers can feel warm and happy. Fortunately here, I don't run into any hassles open carrying. I'm aware of one local business that has a no guns policy. We sent them a letter signed by 20 people letting them know we'd love to patronize them but won't as long as they continue the policy. Still waiting on a response. The rest seem just fine with me open carrying. XXX and YYY moved, and I think the mall in question changed their policy anyway.

O/C is a perfectly valid defensive carry technique. It certainly avoids many situations in which a thug might otherwise try something. -Anyone here think Trayvon Martin would have assaulted G. Zimmerman had he seen a pistol on his belt?

I don't do it to get attention. I do it because I think it's a better way to carry most of the time. I still conceal if I think there's going to be an issue. I'd rather avoid the argument. This is a very distinct difference between what I do and the guys carrying around ARs are doing. They WANT attention. I really don't. And o/c of pistols really IS something that can be "normalized."

Man this goes on and on.....And that is a good thing.
I have been a gun owner for over 50 years and I on occasion carry a concealed weapon and have a permit to do so. It sounds as though some have a feeling they will be attacked at any moment and only the sight a gun will prevent it. That must be a really uneasy way to go about life.
As someone on here stated earlier a coffee shop or eating establishment is a very easy target to pick on, mainly because No One Has To Go There. Try the 'HOSPITAL THING' the next time you or your family member is hurt or in need of emergency care. I'll bet you toss your gun and holster in the trunk.
I for one am not overly comfortable seeing people carry guns around in the open and also believe it causes more grief to the gun owners than good.
My feeling and thoughts only of course......and "Have Good Day Gents"

Put me on that list if you like.

All I wanted was true firearms freedom for us all and not a permission. Ignore me or whatever. I stand by what I have posted.

Im not going to put you on any list, but the 2A was never intended to come without limitations. The idea of "true firearms freedom" is a political movement which is why its critical to be a steward of responsible gun ownership.... which ignoring the request of a property owner (starbucks) is not.

Man this goes on and on.....And that is a good thing.
I have been a gun owner for over 50 years and I on occasion carry a concealed weapon and have a permit to do so. It sounds as though some have a feeling they will be attacked at any moment and only the sight a gun will prevent it. That must be a really uneasy way to go about life.
As someone on here stated earlier a coffee shop or eating establishment is a very easy target to pick on, mainly because No One Has To Go There. Try the 'HOSPITAL THING' the next time you or your family member is hurt or in need of emergency care. I'll bet you toss your gun and holster in the trunk.
I for one am not overly comfortable seeing people carry guns around in the open and also believe it causes more grief to the gun owners than good.
My feeling and thoughts only of course......and "Have Good Day Gents"

There's an old saying "it's better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it"
There are not many of us able to predict the future and so we are prepared not paranoid. Also if I knew a gunfight was going to happen in a certain place I wouldn't go there.

There's an old saying "it's better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it"
There are not many of us able to predict the future and so we are prepared not paranoid. Also if I knew a gunfight was going to happen in a certain place I wouldn't go there.

:s0155: very wise thinking.

Try the 'HOSPITAL THING' the next time you or your family member is hurt or in need of emergency care. I'll bet you toss your gun and holster in the trunk.
My impression is that for most people, their word isn't worth that much.

Most people are perfectly happy to conceal their weapon on them, walk in and sign a consent form that specifies no weapons.

When push comes to shove, their word isn't important enough to do something silly, like keep their word, and do what they agree to do.

oknow......As I said I often carry concealed, my comments were directed towards open carry. I have my doubts about The Quick Draw McGraw stuff, if a problem is about to arise I would think there would be plenty of time to reach under your coat or whatever.

My impression is that for most people, their word isn't worth that much.

Most people are perfectly happy to conceal their weapon on them, walk in and sign a consent form that specifies no weapons.

When push comes to shove, their word isn't important enough to do something silly, like keep their word, and do what they agree to do.

While you might see someone "breaking their word", I see someone that refuses to be a victim. You think that piece of paper is going to protect you? You think bad guys read laws and go "well, I don't want to break a hospital rule- I guess I'll murder people with a sword today!"?

While you might see someone "breaking their word", I see someone that refuses to be a victim. You think that piece of paper is going to protect you? You think bad guys read laws and go "well, I don't want to break a hospital rule- I guess I'll murder people with a sword today!"?

:s0155:

oknow......As I said I often carry concealed, my comments were directed towards open carry. I have my doubts about The Quick Draw McGraw stuff, if a problem is about to arise I would think there would be plenty of time to reach under your coat or whatever.

that may be what you meant to say but I was going on what you said.. "I on occasion carry a concealed weapon and have a permit to do so" I was only commenting on that.

I think my word matters. When I give it, I keep it. If I'm not going to keep it, I don't give it.

I don't care how anyone else rationalizes breaking theirs.

O/C is a perfectly valid defensive carry technique. It certainly avoids many situations in which a thug might otherwise try something. -Anyone here think Trayvon Martin would have assaulted G. Zimmerman had he seen a pistol on his belt?

Just wanted to comment that I really disagree with this statement. I still am of the mindset that your average joe, gun nut may shoot a lot and even have the latest gear/equipment; however, they're not all that versed with self defense techniques. A gun on the hip of a cop is a tempting target- a gun on the hip of a civilian is even more so. Even if a bad guy decides that going for your gun isn't a good idea, you might be the first to get shot.

Concealed Carry provides the element of surprise to the bad guy...a "wild card" in their plan.

There are times and places for open carry- on the lawn of your state capital expressing your rights or in the woods hiking to your next camp site are good examples. Dropping in the bank to make a deposit? Yeah, conceal that crap.

Was post #213 too complex?

You are just a joy to converse with, you know that?

OK the little red sign at the top of my screen says I should make a post.

WTF is this? Starbuck STATED months ago they did NOT CARE about open carry or concealed carry as long as it was done legally .
So WTF would anyone "dump" starbucks?
Because a bunch of OCers just had to make a scene?
Because gun owners couldn't just leave it that Starbucks wasn't making a stand about guns,which brought it to the anti's attention and then they also made a scene?

If you DUMB A$$es would have just left it all alone at Starbucks,they wouldn't have said a word. But you just had to go OC and make a big scene at Starbucks.

It was the gun community's fault they had to make a statement.
I will still go to Starbucks as needed.
They did support citizens rights.

Status

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA