JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
RoneKiln, I agree that the "In your face" approach is wrong. I am a Christian but I do not stand on the streets in Portland and then shove my beliefs into peoples faces. I will however openly talk to people about my faith if the discussion comes up and think that I should have the right to do that. I think that people should have the 2nd Amendment right to conceal carry and open carry their firearms loaded without asking for government employee permission. I do think that carrying a AR15 or a AK47 into Walmart, HomeDepot, K-Mart would be a bad idea though.

Sportsmans Warehouse, Fishermans Marine and Supply, G.I Joes, etc... well, maybe not such a bad idea?

Sounds like you want those signs there too????
No i dont. My apologies, my sarcasm wasnt appropriate. Ive been against open carrying in Starbucks from the beginning. I feel Starbucks is very supportive of our rights, "pro gun" in the sense they have walked the line to NOT prohibit lawfully carried guns.... and it bothers me that some gun owners want to ruin that for us by not honoring their simple request. Maybe those folks should spend their time and energy (lawfully) protesting anti-gun compamies like Peets Coffee. IDK, but not Starbucks, how many private companies have publicly declaired they will still serve gun toting customers? Sounds pro gun to me, seems reasonable to oblige their simple requst to not open carry.

So I was trolling moms demand action page on Facebook and it looks like they are going after Staples now that Starbucks caved... this is exactly what I thought would happen, they are going to go down the list of companies that follow local laws and try the same tactics

So I was trolling moms demand action page on Facebook and it looks like they are going after Staples now that Starbucks caved... this is exactly what I thought would happen, they are going to go down the list of companies that follow local laws and try the same tactics
No surprise.

And if no one open carries at Staples what will the CEO of Staples have to say about a problem that doesnt exist?

Well, I have not read all the posts on this thread, so maybe this has been said already.

I plan to open carry when I go into Starbucks. Not make a scene or force an issue, just to respectfully go in and buy a cup of coffee.

Let's not get run off or get all lathered up for gosh sakes. After all normal folks do open carry at times and normal folks enjoy a cup of coffee at times.

If we "boycott" Starbucks because were PO'd at their request to not carry, the antis win.

Jerry

Starbucks sells coffee.
They weren't comfortable with a gun free zone.
They weren't comfortable with open carry zone.
They sell coffee!
So, please make your 2nd amendment statements (pro-con) somewhere else.
They also sell scones, blueberry scones, cranberry orange scones, yummie!

In the spirit of fairness........

You forgot the vanilla bean mini-scones and the cinnamon scones - those are pretty good too.

Sheesh, it's like listening to kids arguing over a paper bag... After a while you get sick of it, walk in from the other room and take away the source of the argument, ground/restrict everyone, then make them mow the lawn, clean the gutters, and wash the dog.

:s0155:

The first rule of making friends and influencing PPL is:
Don't Be A Dick
The 1st rule of making money:
Don't be a Dick
The 1st rule of losing an argument:
Be A Dick
McDonald's has better coffee at a better price

So...

...you read this thread, and concluded that more open carry in Starbuck's is the answer?

I'm beginning to understand how gun control laws gain traction.

I am starting to think this is being pushed by the anti gun people.
Not much sense in pushing them into a corner for any other reason.
Its insane. Short of starting a civil war, guns should not be pushed in anyone's face.
It only causes harm to our fight to protect the second.
I know there will be flames on this but tough bubblegume. It is doing harm and backing everyone into
a bad corner. No sensible gun owner would do this. Just give it a rest.

Off-duty cop stops armed robbery at Starbucks

By Molly Waldron

video

Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- A quick-thinking patrol officer is credited with foiling a holdup at a Starbucks in Henderson on Tuesday.

Police say Officer Michael Wolff was off duty when he stopped at a busy Starbucks at the Horizon College Plaza at about 11 a.m.

When he approached the counter, he saw a gunman at the register pulling money out.

Wolff was in plain clothes but wearing his badge and gun. He aimed his gun at the gunman, identfied himself as an officer and ordered the suspect to drop his weapon.

The gunman tried to run off but an employee had locked the door. He ran through a glass door, but Wollf caught up to him.

The suspect was arrested and later identified as 25-year-old Francisco Cosenza.

Cosenza was booked at the Henderson Detention Center and faces charges for robbery with a deadly weapon.

Show less

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, if you have the CHL permission and carry concealed.

OK, I get it. You're butt hurt that Oregon is not a permitless, concealed/open carry, free for all state. Newsflash: It NEVER will be. You can accept reality and work around it with the available tools, or you can throw yourself down on the floor and kick your heels, hold your breath until you turn blue, and refuse to eat your carrots. I chose to use the available tools to work around the stupidity enacted by the state, Multnomah County, and some of the cities. Symbolism and principle are fine, but I need to be able to carry my firearms around the state without having a surveyor and lawyer in tow. Constantly railing at me (and other CHL holders) about your personal interpretation of reality, and your disappointment with it gets you nowhere but on my ignore list. I wish things were different too. But I'm not willing to cut off my own nose to spite my face. Good luck with your crusade.

OK, I get it. You're butt hurt that Oregon is not a permitless, concealed/open carry, free for all state. Newsflash: It NEVER will be. You can accept reality and work around it with the available tools, or you can throw yourself down on the floor and kick your heels, hold your breath until you turn blue, and refuse to eat your carrots. I chose to use the available tools to work around the stupidity enacted by the state, Multnomah County, and some of the cities. Symbolism and principle are fine, but I need to be able to carry my firearms around the state without having a surveyor and lawyer in tow. Constantly railing at me (and other CHL holders) about your personal interpretation of reality, and your disappointment with it gets you nowhere but on my ignore list. I wish things were different too. But I'm not willing to cut off my own nose to spite my face. Good luck with your crusade.

And if they ever pull a Kalichov stunt like they just did down south, up here we can all open carry locked and loaded. No permits needed at that point. But as long as common sense prevails, stop scaring the adult barn fowl.

I plan to open carry when I go into Starbucks. Not make a scene or force an issue, just to respectfully go in and buy a cup of coffee.

By planning to go against the request of the property owner you ARE forcing an issue.

I am starting to think this is being pushed by the anti gun people.
Not much sense in pushing them into a corner for any other reason.
Its insane. Short of starting a civil war, guns should not be pushed in anyone's face.
It only causes harm to our fight to protect the second.
I know there will be flames on this but tough bubblegume. It is doing harm and backing everyone into
a bad corner. No sensible gun owner would do this. Just give it a rest.

I think the Black Power movement was invented, funded, trained, organized, and operated by white people.

If your enemy just wants nothing more than to be normalized, to assimilate into mainstreamness, the best weapon against them is to radicalize them.

Put me on that list if you like.

All I wanted was true firearms freedom for us all and not a permission. Ignore me or whatever. I stand by what I have posted.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top