JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting to me that while we all goofing around talking about Boogaloo 2.0 (90% tongue In cheek IMO) the authorities have been activly harnessing counter insurgency tactics learned from close to 2 decades of squashing insurgencies in the ME to use against US citizens.

Interesting to me that while we all goofing around talking about Boogaloo 2.0 (90% tongue In cheek IMO) the authorities have been activly harnessing counter insurgency tactics learned from close to 2 decades of squashing insurgencies in the ME to use against US citizens.
Id say more like 75% tongue in cheek... many are ready to welcome it.

Until they start bleeding, or find their friend tortured to death on the side of the road... Or their house gets firebombed at 3am, etc.
I dont think the somber reality of the conflict is front and center with a lot of these guys.

Not saying one way or another that it doesnt need to be fought or wont be fought. Some come across a little too gung ho on it.... where quiet deliberate preparation should be the order of the day.

But you are correct, the 'authorities' arent going to just let things happen.
Civil conflict gets violent, theyll be trying to round up and arrest both sides.
They have the will and almost unlimited resources to squash anything they choose.

For a lot of guys wearing a badge out there, a Constitutional oath is a formality that gets pushed aside in the name of law & order.... Whatever the law and whatever their orders.

Something to keep in mind for Boogaloo part deux. You will be fighting your ideological opponents and for a while you will also be fighting the police/state who will still be interested in putting you in jail for the myriad of crimes committed in the process.

When looking at reports or sources it is always a good idea to examine the report or source.

037D24FE-FC8C-4A40-8515-2B0A6AE6BD58.jpeg

Anyone being redlfagged for no reason needs to follow suit! If we all stand up together.....
This how it needs to go. An innocent gets targeted, others respond in unison...this, I'm afraid is how we will eventually have to act to get things changed...and the government to stand down.
I'm with you brothers. We need to be ready to stand and fight together!!!!! I'll be with you guys shoulder to shoulder if need be...

It's statements like this that scare me.

"The negotiators were very close many times to getting the individual to come out of the residence peacefully, and the posts that were on Instagram were just inviting him," Chief Cazzari told reporters at the scene. "This is a person in crisis, having mental illness, having issues, and he didn't need the people on social media telling him that his rights are being violated. He needed help. Medical help."

If these people wanted a peaceful resolution to this person in "Crisis" Why so many police? And armored vehicle(s)?! Am I supposed to fully trust that the people saying the above are not making crap up?

Please be the start of Boogaloo 2.0.

:s0076:

I do not consider a 30 round magazine a "standard" magazine for a normal citizen to need.

Since when do you, or a grossly incompetent government, get to decide other's "needs"? Frankly, such a notion is a farce to a free people.

Oh, and the last AR that came into my FFL side business was equipped with a single 30-round magazine. Seems it was the "standard" for that carbine. :rolleyes:

what about ham radio

It is a great hobby and preparedness tool, but It can be jammed like anything else.

What crisis are they referring to?

The guys not talking about self harm or hurting others so whats this help he supposedly needs?. Gun shot heard but when taken into custody no weapons were found along with no magazine either. So they got so spooked that a prior vet was called in and broadcasting himself in a tac kit they decided to respond with the squad?. Or are they just mad because he was broadcasting the whole event up until the fun police showed up saying some very obvious remarks about anti state opinions?.

Nice to know if a vet is having a problem we will need a strike team on stand by to help the guy, ya know just in case one ours goes rogue (like those hollywood movies)

The only thing I can think of is a failing marriage and child custody as i've pointed out before. Sounds like the guys life needs to stop getting shat on from outside influence tbh.

Last Edited:
:s0076:

Since when do you, or a grossly incompetent government, get to decide other's "needs"? Frankly, such a notion is a farce to a free people.

Oh, and the last AR that came into my FFL side business was equipped with a single 30-round magazine. Seems it was the "standard" for that carbine. :rolleyes:

It is a great hobby and preparedness tool, but It can be jammed like anything else.
armored messenger pigeons it is then!

or ravens like on game of thrones

You're not wrong, The Government is the servant and the People are it's master.

This does not reflect real conditions on the ground...

is there a countermeasure available, to your knowledge?
what about ham radio

K, it's been a long time since I was in the 2WayRadio biz, so my knowledge and thinking MIGHT be outdated. :confused:

Cell phones operate via radio frequency just like ham and other "personal" radios. The reality is ANY freq can be jammed/blocked. This is done via a white noise RF generator broadcasting on the applicable freqs. AFAIK there are broadband jammers that broadcast on a wide range of freqs and selective jammers. The range of jamming, area covered, is dependent on the wattage/power of the jammer.

To answer Old Tengu, two things are possible... 1. Use a powerful enough signal to break thru the jamming, ie overcome the jamming signal. The problem however is that the "front end" of the receivers can become saturated with the signals, making the rx sens decrease. One would need LOTS of power. Go to relatively unused freqs that are spaced, freqwise, away from the typical freqs used. IMO jamming power will be less at the ends of the spectrum of the jammer, because of the physics of antenna tuning... an auto tuner will only be able to tweak so far. A good 11m or LF ham 1000w broadcast might be useful. Would have to try it. Also, many LE agencies have switched to 800mhz trunked or other such encrypted systems. If you don't know the NACs, you won't hear them. But using any milimeter wave freq of your own has more penetrating power than HF/LF freqs and may cut thru when those won't. Be nice if someone could run experiments or point to useful tomes on the topic. 2. Dyjital is correct, very correct. "They" won't be jamming their own freqs, and while you may not be able to hear/understand them, you should be able to get a word in between, or use enough power to overcome THEIR broadcasts. Unfortunately, with FM this only results in garble, and with AM can result in superhet. But it's worth a try. Maybe use a sideband slightly away from their freq?

Some things to consider here , even if nothing else comes from what happened.

Veterans are easy targets...
If you are veteran and have combat tours and or PTSD...Look out...

As a vet, even tho a non-combat vet, I'm worried. We are all front line targets. Especially me, since I've used VA counseling at times. :rolleyes::oops: My records are very easily available so I'm screwed if they decide they want some veteran firearms.

FWIW I support most of our LE but I think they should be held to a higher standard of following the law and Constitution than the rest of us.

Not sure what that means... The U.S. Constitution and our founders writings specify no differentiation or "levels" of adherence to the words within. It means what the words say it means, and the law is the law. So the thought of "higher standards" means that there are acceptable lower standards, and I find that thought to be anathema.

Last Edited:
Like most here, I'm uncomfortable with Red Flag laws. I'm in favor of the idea in general, because I think that proper authorities need to be aware of truly dangerous people, so something can be done before they snap, but it needs to be done in such a way that preserves due process and individual rights.

I haven't really been following this situation so I don't know the particulars or have a strong opinion, but I do think that people on "our side" need to be very careful to avoid being reactionary. Was this a guy who has some personal troubles and needs help, and the system overreacted, or is it conspiratorial big-government overreach? I don't know, but it kind of appears the former, to me. The climate in this country worries me; lines are drawn, people are angry and spoiling for a fight. There's so much bad information out there that everyone needs to be very careful what we get all worked up over.

I do not consider a 30 round magazine a "standard" magazine for a normal citizen to need.

I disagree strongly with your view, but I have to say that you have guts for taking that stand on this forum.

In some ways it's good for this to come out from time to time. I hear people wonder all the time, "Why can't we get gun owners together to vote, and fight the restrictions being proposed?" Well, as has been illustrated here, not everyone who owns a gun has the same views on the issues. There are plenty of people in the PNW, and right here on this forum, who are perfectly fine with banning ARs and magazines, heavy restrictions on transfers and storage, and various other measures that they think will order society more in line with their progressive/statist views.

I think they would have had no issue killing this guy over a Pmag, if the situation had not gained the attention of the public.
The Pmag and direspecting their authority of coarse.
The thing is, "they" are just doing their job. People get killed for more fundamental reasons, like Finicum whatsisname "getting killed for driving down the road", when in reality it was intentional suicide by cop.

Sounds like the the guy has a screw loose. I've checked a couple internet sites confirming he has a rap sheet a mile long and Leo was just serving a warrant.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but...

"checked a couple internet sites confirming he has a rap sheet a mile long and Leo was just serving a warrant."

?? o_O

Sad times we are in indeed.

I'm not on social media and just found out about all this today.

This sounds like it might not have been a red flag confiscation but if it had citizens balancing the power a bit couldn't hurt if they had a rational head.

My philosophy is in the odds of overwhelming force on the opposing side it's not irrational to accept defeat in the battle to live to help fight the war.

I know many older Patriots don't feel this way and would go down with the ship, I don't blame them.

Remember, if you lose your weapon but keep your life you can build another one.

Anyway, I lack brovado but have plenty of heart to offer. I should be shocked at how quick social media was to shut all this down but.... I'm not, it's a curated and controlled communication channel, piss poor with little encryption.

I wonder if everyone had been using something like minds if it would have had the same issues.

Edit:. I take that back I am on two social media networks, Pinterest and minds. I don't use either much but do use minds more then Pinterest.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top