JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As has been pointed out this one is a cluster fubar. All kinds of puzzle pieces, but hardly any two seem to fit together. I'm sure they're busy getting their stories together so at least they're collaborative rather than being at odds with each other...

Seems he was indeed arrested and charged. What a mess...

Some things to consider here , even if nothing else comes from what happened.

Veterans are easy targets...
If you are veteran and have combat tours and or PTSD...Look out...
Enforcing Red Flag laws can produce a large wave of conflicting media coverage and a huge Law Enforcement response...
All of what happened started because of a 30 round magazine ( As first reported )...
Conflicting information will rule the day...

Was social media a help or hindrance...?
Communications are a important link ....
Who makes the best spin of the event , makes the actual record or history of the event...even if it isn't the "truth"
Because of the above , even if what is reported , is actually what happened....many folks will not believe it to be true..which in turn breeds further distrust....

Be careful out there with what you say , do and just how you present yourself...
It is far to easy for someone to paint you in a certain light ....and it can be difficult for you to explain otherwise , to someone , who has no real idea about you.
Andy

I do not consider a 30 round magazine a "standard" magazine for a normal citizen to need. It also sounds like people were trying to make the situation a lot worse by getting people worked up about the government coming to take their guns. That's a good way to get innocent people hurt or killed and makes the job for the police a lot harder no matter what the reason they were there. I'm sure there is a lot more to this story than how the short clips above are trying to make it seem.

Mike
What else have you decided normal citizen's don't need?

We'll never know the truth here.

And to the guys who commented that this may be practice -- every red flag execution is practice for the next one. They'll learn from this and be better prepared to infringe on the next citizen victim.
I don't know or care what really got the ball rolling in this case but this red flag stuff is extremely dangerous and completely out of control. It'll only get worse.

As for "Standard" magazine capacity...
When the AR15 first came out ...it was shipped with a 5 round magazine..I have various 1960's and 1970's era Shooters Bibles and Gun Digests...In them , they only list a 5 round magazine for the AR15 rifle.

My point here is , just who gets to decide what is "Standard" magazine capacity...?
One could make an argument that Colt considered , at least at one time , 5 rounds standard for the AR15.

Compare that to today where many AR15 rifles , come with a 30 round magazine from the factory..
Which in turn could mean that whatever is "standard" may change over time...
Be careful with the use of terms...especially if the term is used by those who think differently than you do.

Now to be clear here...
I do not have a problem with 30 round magazines being owned by someone...All without any sort of fuss or redtape...
To me a magazine is a magazine...does it work..? Is it reliable...?
That is what is important...the amount of rounds that it holds , makes no difference to me...Own what you want.

I also find it ironic that at one time...You could be fined or even face jail time for showing up to Militia Muster with a "substandard " firearm and a lack of what was considered to be a "standard" load of powder and ball....
Andy

Sounds like there was enough people who showed up that they successfully disrupted the police illegal action... Remember when a law is unjust, we're not obligated to follow it...

More Americans and gun owners in particular need to start acting and behaving like Patriots and not subjects...
Sooooo much this! I'm ready for a fight!

I don't know or care what really got the ball rolling in this case but this red flag stuff is extremely dangerous and completely out of control. It'll only get worse.
I read on another site what appeared to be a more complete version of the incident. Seems there was issue with outstanding warrants & a domestic violence charge preexisting. But who knows:confused:

I guess you're not an American patriot?
Oh look the thread that essentially promotes violence is now one where gun owners turn on each other for their differences in views.

I'm shocked I tell you shocked.

It's like some here are on script.

Whenever I hear of things like this, Cartman always pops into my head. FWIW I support most of our LE but I think they should be held to a higher standard of following the law and Constitution than the rest of us.

Respect my authority.jpg

Last Edited:
Conflicting information will rule the day...
Weird quoting myself....:D
But to expand on this...

When looking at reports or sources it is always a good idea to examine the report or source.

Is it trustworthy...
Is the report worded so as to spin it in a certain light...
What is the history of the source / report...
Does the report / source have a history of bias against or for the event...
What does the source stand to gain , by giving out this information....
How close to the actual event is the source...Conversely how far removed from the event is the source...
Is the report actually full of disinformation / false / to be used for other purposes...

Just somethings to consider when citing or looking at a report or source.
Andy

Good thing your consideration doesn't count. It's not about need. It's about the freedom to have the arms and magazine options one chooses to own, for whatever reason.
;)
Unfortunately it does count.

Its because of 'people' like @Mike97124 that we laws like 594 and 1639 on the books, among others across OR/WA and across the country.

They pretend to be gun owners and maybe give lipservice to the 2nd Amendment but when the pen meets the paper theyre all Fudds

Its the Benedict Arnolds among us that are our worst enemies.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews