JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
P

Do you believe 100% of that?

No not really I do think the guys had a troubled life since he has returned and people may not understand him. I believe its the typical joe life style where you hit a patch and then grab the bottle for awhile. Failing marriages are common in the military especially towards the Infantry. Seen a hundred times while in Drum.

The hard part people forget is that we went away for a year or more and came back a little more matured and observed from a place thats completely different from what people do daily in the US or western nations. So while we may be a little different we aren't completely in crisis for having a different mindset. Its just some have no willpower to control their actions.

Then the outside likes to view it like its a major problem about to blow and overreact to it causing it to flare more than it needs to tbh.

Lots of people didn't understand me when I came back because I didn't want to go get smashed at parties or how I couldn't be completely at ease being out in places so to them im the odd one out but to me I cannot fathom how people cannot comprehend that I had other interests at the times than being cut loose. Yes i still have my fun but its on a different mindset - really weird takes being in an out to understand. To me it seems like people chase their thrills to get a rush and find it weird that I don't wanna do the same when i've already done that "HIGH" people look for fun (not drugs but a sense of thrill or accomplishment)

I don't like seeing my fellow brothers down but it happens often and people who know him and his vet buddies should be reachin out to police and help him get back on track just the same as you would while on duty together. I've helped a few vet buddies I know after I got out and hit the cycle of civilian life ball again. Learned rough hard ways but doing so provided great life experience to help others come out and cope to readjust without many issues. Even helped one of them get out of jail for being overly charged for a domestic situation (long story short the gal wasn't all there in the head and the action of my buddy didn't help the situation but it was completely blown out of proportion and he served hard time for a number of years).

Last Edited:
So long story short yes I know a vet whose lost his 2A because of a situation much like this involving a domestic. Its not far fetched but some of the information can be misleading.

Until you are in the court room and get the down low you are pretty much reserved to your own informed opinion. Its pretty sad unfortunately when you learn why and how its damning impact can last the rest of your life for one simple stupid mistake that was made at a time in a volatile situation.

Here's something I feel. I think bump stocks are pretty dumb. They definitely could be used to kill more people. I believe no one needs them. No one really NEEDS 30 round mags either. There are a lot of things people don't need though. Something else I believe deeply in? I believe I don't have the right to vote to take away these things from other people. I believe it's plain common sense that my thoughts toward those items are of no importance what so ever. It boggles my mind that individuals that think they know best, also think they have the right to force their beliefs on honest law abiding citizens. Put the dirtbags that use non animate objects to hurt people in jail for hells sake and leave honest people alone!

I agree with you. I personally have no use for bump stock, drum magazines, and most of the "tactical" gear out there. Just not my thing. I can't remember the last time I even loaded up a 30-round magazine. If I shoot an AR, I have a couple old Vietnam-era Colt 20 round mags I use, and I usually only put 5 or 10 rounds at a time in them. My interests tend towards older guns generally. BUT, I have no problem with other law-abiding people owning these things. I don't want criminals to have them, but I don't want criminals to have ANY weapons.

Bill Ruger was famous (infamous?) for saying that "No honest man needs more than ten rounds". Again, who gets to decide who needs what? Who NEEDS a car that will go over 65mph? Who NEEDS a house bigger than 1000 square feet? Who NEEDS to earn more than $40k/year? In the Soviet Union, the Communist Party decided who needed what, but in a free country, per the U.S. Constitution, it's the other way around. The government is only supposed to be able to restrict what they (we) NEED to restrict. So, why exactly do we NEED to take magazines away from peaceable, law-abiding citizens?

I do not consider a 30 round magazine a "standard" magazine for a normal citizen to need. It also sounds like people were trying to make the situation a lot worse by getting people worked up about the government coming to take their guns. That's a good way to get innocent people hurt or killed and makes the job for the police a lot harder no matter what the reason they were there. I'm sure there is a lot more to this story than how the short clips above are trying to make it seem.

Mike
The 2nd Amendment doesn't say anything about "need". You don't get to dictate how many rounds I can have to defend myself and my family with.

Police showed up with a large show of force and ability to shut down cell phone access over one guy and a 30 round mag. I think they might have showed their hand a little too much with this. If you are going to set up a system for confiscation that'd how you do it. Time to add a 2 way radio to the emergency bag.
Sounds like this jamming tactic might be one that could be turned against them in this situation.

Compare that posters profile to yours truly. Not saying hes a fed, but he sure don't post much. Lots of PMs to people though......

Everyone needs to be aware feds are on every major firearm and freedom loving forum. Paid political shills are on anything mainstream en mass, along with paid marketing shills.

Be aware of anyone advocating direct violenence, and people reinforcing the official narrative with fluffy BS like the above post.

The people here calling for mass peaceful civil disobedience, and facillitating communication to accomplish that are on the side of freedom.

View attachment 635566

View attachment 635568
Joined in 2013 and has 107 posts? Really? That's a lot of lurking.

Honestly out of this whole situation I find people are a little too bored and with too much imagination and looking to stir the pot for reactions.

Crazy to think what was once a locally contained incident can now be blown up over social media where people already have short attention spans and will roll with the he said/she said for frills. The video stomper posted is pretty legit though I am wondering how he got those details that he didn't list a source from.

I wouldn't put it passed paid agitators trying to rally people into a pied piper scenario to test response. Almost like how the Taliban would challenge us (trolling as i called it) and gauged how we did things before they really came out to play.

Inter agency competition maybe? dunno. As I said before. None of this is organic.

Think about this:

Youve got a vet
Youve got police
Youve got 2A supporters

All 3 have something in common they all support one another heavily. Now why is it you've got the core 2A getting their rocks off to wanting to blood bath one another?

Not to mention, almost instantly a high following and people ready to come from all over yet there was never once a picture from the outside crowd or those looking to attend or help? major news outlets the night of I could barely find articles covering this only the literally who websites blog entries and social media.

We go from mass shootings where its thoughts and prayers and don't say this or that until the situation is done to help those in danger to SUDDENLY WE OUT HERE ORGANIZED AN READY TO BACK U FAM! ALL X OF US FROM ALL OVER!!!!

lol wut?

Whose doing the subversion perversion for funsies?

Common courtesy goes a long way. At the same time, law enforcement officers have a tough job within a very dynamic environment; I can fully understand how they will often error on the side of caution. Sometimes there is no good answer.

I agree.

A good response would've been a single officer (fat, with grey hair), backed up by 5 precision riflemen with thermal scopes, hidden, listening to the feed from the officer's mike.

How do we know the reports of DV and trespassing aren't made up fake charges, made by media to curb support for this incident. DV is harder to support when talking red flag laws, rather than possession of 30 round mags in a restricted state.

Compare that posters profile to yours truly. Not saying hes a fed, but he sure don't post much. Lots of PMs to people though......

Everyone needs to be aware feds are on every major firearm and freedom loving forum. Paid political shills are on anything mainstream en mass, along with paid marketing shills.

Be aware of anyone advocating direct violenence, and people reinforcing the official narrative with fluffy BS like the above post.

The people here calling for mass peaceful civil disobedience, and facillitating communication to accomplish that are on the side of freedom.

View attachment 635566

View attachment 635568
Yeah well I'm fed too. Fed up of the damn feds wanting to restrict freedom.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top