JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Try not to think about it. Get your mind on other things. Buy yourself something pretty :D

I sit at my desk and make little paper cut-outs.

20180614_161223.jpg

Silencerco Hybrid 46
Silencerco Spectre II
NFA Trust
Mailed off : 11/02/17
Check Cashed:?.?.?
Approved: 06/08/18
Recieved: 6/16/18
:s0094:
Picked up 3:45pm
Fun commenced.. 4:30 pm
Need more subsonic 300 BO!
CE0249A3-5995-4968-B2A6-6C47E2DC5A30.jpeg 2C34DCDD-57B9-41E2-B3D4-61F398005563.jpeg 9FBDD4FF-E585-42BD-9BE0-0D8C03106CA3.jpeg

This will be sooooo not what you want to hear, but the Form 4's filed as an individual have been coming back, months, sooner than those using a trust.
Used to be true (and shows up that way in the 12 month average), but oddly they have reached parity lately:
nfa.PNG

I am guessing that I will get my six (!) tax stamps back in January 2019 :s0077:.

Correction to a post on Thursday regarding legally owned machine guns used in crimes.
Fully-automatic weapons make up less than 0.08 percent of the total firearms in America. About half of those guns are owned by civilians and the other half by police departments and other governmental agencies, according to Gary Kleck in "Targeting Guns: Firearms and Their Control," Since 1934, there appear to have been at least two homicides committed with legally-owned automatic weapons. One was a murder committed by a law enforcement officer, and not a civilian. On September 15th, 1988, a 13-year veteran of the Dayton, Ohio, police department, Patrolman Roger Waller, then 32, used his fully automatic MAC-11 .380 caliber submachine gun to kill a police informant, 52-year old Lawrence Hileman. The other homicide possibly involving a legally owned machine gun occurred on September 14, 1992, also in Ohio. Patrolman Waller pleaded guilty in 1990, and he and an accomplice were sentenced to 18 years in prison. In Targeting Guns, Kleck cites the director of ATF testifying before Congress that he knew of less than ten crimes that were committed with legally owned machine guns. No time period was specified in his testimony. Kleck said these crimes could have been nothing more than violations of gun regulations such as failure to notify ATF after moving a registered gun between states.

:s0041: I just got off the phone with the ATF inquiring about the status of my FN16 SBR. The check was cashed early February 2017. Yes, that's right. Right around 500 days. I was informed the FBI is 'backed up' in the background investigations. She stated the normal wait time was about 8 months and if I was dissatisfied with the service there was nothing she, her boss, or anyone else could do about it. I guess my recent application from last month will be approved around Christmas 2020.

:s0041: I just got off the phone with the ATF inquiring about the status of my FN16 SBR. The check was cashed early February 2017. Yes, that's right. Right around 500 days. I was informed the FBI is 'backed up' in the background investigations. She stated the normal wait time was about 8 months and if I was dissatisfied with the service there was nothing she, her boss, or anyone else could do about it. I guess my recent application from last month will be approved around Christmas 2020.
That sucks dude.

I called once at 6 months on a individual form 4. Got no where with the lady on the phone.

I don't even know why they have a telephone system in place. They can't tell you anything, they can't give you an eta, they can't even tell you if you have genital worts. I'm uncertain why they exist.

I vote they end the call center and put those folks to work working on applications.

But yet there are applications from last November that are now receiving approval.

?????

E

That sucks dude.

I called once at 6 months on a individual form 4. Got no where with the lady on the phone.

I don't even know why they have a telephone system in place. They can't tell you anything, they can't give you an eta, they can't even tell you if you have genital worts. I'm uncertain why they exist.

I vote they end the call center and put those folks to work working on applications.

Can we put you in charge of that!! :D

But yet there are applications from last November that are now receiving approval.

?????

E
I spoke with my SOT regarding this and he says many of his more recent purchases (7-8 months ago) have been trickling in approved. Many of the older ones like this are still pending. My last NFA item was 420 days. I yearn of those days now.

I just got my form 1 for a trust back. Mailed in on 2/2/18, check cashed a week or two later.

Approved 6/18, got my application with the stamp attached today, 6/25.

A hair over four months isnt bad.

Time to drill some baffles and do some engraving.

All you all getting approvals... :oops:

Edit: This is a more representative emoji. :s0044:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR