JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Social bigotry follow-up: ‘NRA is the new KKK'

<broken link removed>

O'Reilly, Goldberg should be careful providing cover for Costas

The Bob Costas flap has become the gaffe du jour, with some well-meant attempts to help the embattled NBC announcer do some damage control in the wake of Sunday night's remarks and Monday's blistering reaction.

<broken link removed>

Shrewd move for both, in their crowd it's a resume enhancer. A lot like "Stars" commenting on "Global Warming", gay rights, open borders, blah blah.. Ya just wish Costas was above all that by now, but maybe he has a contract negotiation coming up. Or he's a true believer.

The NRA pumps out fear to drum up membership donations.

They are going to make a killing with this silly non-issue.

And so does every pro-gun and anti-gun organization, not just the NRA.

I sure hope so, if every gun owner joined we'd be unstoppable with 80 - 100 MILLION members, not just 4+ million.

Arg! While it might not have been the first time someone made this allegation, ever since Michael Moore's film "Bowling for Columbine" people have been spouting the NRA and KK Link. Kind of annoying.

While my research is far from perfect it seems that the NRA was created by former Union Generals. Many of whom were presidents of the United States. Kind of hard for me to see one of them being a KKK member and Union General.

Again, don't these people do any research before spouting off on this crap?

Arg! While it might not have been the first time someone made this allegation, ever since Michael Moore's film "Bowling for Columbine" people have been spouting the NRA and KK Link. Kind of annoying.

While my research is far from perfect it seems that the NRA was created by former Union Generals. Many of whom were presidents of the United States. Kind of hard for me to see one of them being a KKK member and Union General.

Again, don't these people do any research before spouting off on this crap?

They have done their research, and know that 50% of the people in this country are clueless.

Logic isn't the strong suit of the poorly educated. Emotionalism sells and gets politicians elected.

Personally, I think Costas is an intelligent and insightful guy. However, his mistake in so far as this topic is concerned is that he offered his opinion that is not based on a logical argument. Otherwise I agree with you.

I should have made it clearer. I meant the public schools educated population.

So people educated in the public school system are all ignorant? Really? Interesting idea. Consider many of the most intelligent articulate well-read gun owners I know were educated in the public school system.

Perhaps many don't actually strive to get everything they can out of the public school system. But that is a whole other topic, which is out of scope for this thread.

When it comes down to it, a sports caster quoted a sports writer who made emotionally charged opinion statements as if they were fact.

So people educated in the public school system are all ignorant? Really? Interesting idea. Consider many of the most intelligent articulate well-read gun owners I know were educated in the public school system.

Have you talked with anyone 15-25 years old recently? Most are idiots. There are exceptions, but for the majority public education = FAIL, mostly in part to a bloated bureaucracy that has no real leaders that get paid to damned much for what they do.

Ah.

The "They do it too" argument.

Always well reasoned.

By whose opinion or standard? Yours?

Any standard. If they really were the well reasoned voice for gun rights some claim, their membership would include the majority of gun owners. As it stands, they represent a minority.

The NRA's legislative arm is just a portion of what the NRA does. You'd know and understand that if you were not so closed minded as to the overall activities of the NRA.

Right. The other arms do crap like this:

http://comicsbeat.com/the-nra-graphic-novel/

Propaganda that does little to advance the cause, but bang the drum beat of fear for memberships. Their fear machine does more to drive up prices and shortages than any left-wing propaganda group or supposed "liberal" politician ever could.

The fact that a dim-wit sportscaster gets any traction on his stupidity on forums like this is a testament to that.

P.S. Hi Ruskie.

Have you talked with anyone 15-25 years old recently? Most are idiots. There are exceptions, but for the majority public education = FAIL, mostly in part to a bloated bureaucracy that has no real leaders that get paid to damned much for what they do.

Sure, I have they seem about the same as when I was a kid. Thinking back to when I was 15-25 and how many of them weren't 'idiots'? How many got their crap together and became respected contributing members of society?

'Those darn kids' mind set doesn't help things. Do you volunteer at schools? How about Scouts or 4H? What about Church Youth groups? Or Big Brothers and Big Sisters?

Be the change you want to see? Is way better than 'Get off my lawn you darn kids?'

Oh, agree or disagree, a lot of the Occupy Crows were 15 to 25 years old. Kind of shows they care and want to be active in the political discussion. Sure, you may disagree with it but at least they seem to be taking a stand for something. Using their voice.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top