JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sure, I have they seem about the same as when I was a kid. Thinking back to when I was 15-25 and how many of them weren't 'idiots'? How many got their crap together and became respected contributing members of society?

'Those darn kids' mind set doesn't help things. Do you volunteer at schools? How about Scouts or 4H? What about Church Youth groups? Or Big Brothers and Big Sisters?

Be the change you want to see? Is way better than 'Get off my lawn you darn kids?'

Oh, agree or disagree, a lot of the Occupy Crows were 15 to 25 years old. Kind of shows they care and want to be active in the political discussion. Sure, you may disagree with it but at least they seem to be taking a stand for something. Using their voice.

your right hand out's

What's that Muslim terrorist saying?

"Most Muslims aren't terrorists but most terrorists are <...>"

Can we apply that here?

"Most NRA members aren't KKK, but most KKK are <...>"

???

I seem to recall a program that did give guns to a certain type of people. ummm oh ya nevermind that happened under their watch. So lets make up a story about the other side..say it enough times and it becomes fact in their minds.

Just curious .... are you one of those poorly educated products of public schools?

I was poorly educated during my time there Kevatc. A quick example, I called my old high school administration office a few years back for my transcripts and it took three tries to find someone who could speak English and you tell it was her second language. Now please forget the racial angle, do you think that schools priorities are preparing their students to be independently successful or dependent on big government?

Why are so many sports casters talking about gun control? Just because the guy that comited the crime was a football player now all these sportscasters want to weigh in on gun control. There is one place i go to get away form all the political garbage out there, on both sides, and that is sports. Now thanks to Bob Costas and Whitlock i cant even do that.
That being said, saying that the NRA is the new KKK is just ignorant. He dose not have a clue what he is talking about. Just another blind, uninformed bozo that wants to try and get his 15 mins of fame thanks to Costas. Probably the same kinda guy who thinks that AR in AR-15 stands for Assault rifle, and that black guns are more dangerous then non black guns. He can keep spewing his crap and will keep shooting it down with facts.

Whitlock is doing what a nobody does to get attention, fame, money. Like that tall college student school shooting survivor the Brady Bunch parades around. He doesn't believe what he is saying, he just says it because he gets a fat paycheck from them. His other choice would be to be just another unemployed college student in debt up to his eyeballs in student loans.

I was poorly educated during my time there Kevatc. A quick example, I called my old high school administration office a few years back for my transcripts and it took three tries to find someone who could speak English and you tell it was her second language. Now please forget the racial angle, do you think that schools priorities are preparing their students to be independently successful or dependent on big government?

That's not an example of you getting a poor education. That is simply an example of you talking to a person with an accent. At any rate, the success you are today had absolutely nothing to do with learning to read, write, do math on some level from the time you were 5 to 18 years old????? You are a totally self taught man who was completely neglected during your school years????

Why is it that if a person commits a crime with a gun we in the gun community are the first to blame the person and not the gun but when it comes to public education it's never the kids fault but always the teachers or the system?

Why is it that if a person commits a crime with a gun we in the gun community are the first to blame the person and not the gun but when it comes to public education it's never the kids fault but always the teachers or the system?

Well I could have praised the first two school administrators I talked to for doing a fantastic job but they wouldn't have understood me would they.

Yeah I know you're trying to set a troll trap for me but I just don't feel invested in it.

I once had a class that I couldn't fail no matter what. After a few months I stopped reading the material and just filled in the answers with NFL rosters (49ers, Chargers and Steelers usually) racers, carburetor, dual-point ignition, whatever popped into my head...and always got a passing grade. Old guy was obviously tenured and couldn't be fired what did he care?

I'm a conservative libertarian who's tired of the same old arguments from BOTH SIDES of the isles of punditry, and having 5 kids (6 in total) still in High School I would agree with Kev's premise on this one. 3 of my kids (the Australian ones that live here with me) are in Woodburn HS, you want to talk ESL, multi-cultural "issues", and accents (Spanish and Russian)? I have met every teacher my kids have ever had, and almost NEVER miss a parent-teacher conference and constantly keep tabs on their progress.

The teachers are awesome, dedicated, well trained, and effective. Being a former Infantry Drill Sgt. I know a bit about training young skulls full of mush to rise up and BE something. These teachers are there because they want to be there, and are the shiznit as far as I'm concerned. All 3 of my Aussie kids are nearly straight A students, my youngest got bumped up a grade and she's a 13 y/o freshman.

The bottom line is, yes there are total loser kids at Woodburn HS who will be society's under achievers, but they have the same opportunity and resources as my kids do. The difference is that my kids have parents that actually parent them. An example is no X-Box on school nights, their internet access is programmed to shut off from 10pm-6am everyday and we track what they view on the internet as well, the "where are you going, what are you going to do when you get there, who are you going with, what time is all this happening, and be home not ONE SECOND later than this" policy is full in effect in our household... See a correlation in all this? Too draconian you say? Tough Shiite.

My 2 other kids that are still in school live with their mother, and are in a Vancouver HS (my oldest and 6th kid is a graduate from there). Due to geographical/practicality limitations I rely on my buddy who is an associate principle at their school to give me objective feedback, thankfully they are all doing well... Plus they know dad is keeping tabs on their performance... See a correlation again?

As for the quality of the staff in Vancouver, my buddy is a top-notch human being, professional, and a "salt of the earth" kinda guy and he loves it at that school. He's also a commissioned officer in the Navy Reserve as a NCIS agent and just started pulling a 1-yr. tour in Afghanistan. The emails and photos he's sent so far are awesome. He still has remote access to my kids' records as well.... AWESOME.

Are me and my kids perfect? Oh, HELLZ NO!! It takes consistent hard work, but we have "better than average" discipline, and therefore enjoy our share of successes and the rewards because it. Schools are not supposed to be a babysitting service. A lot of parents either lack the skills, and/or lack the desire to BE parents, or prefer to be their kids' friends instead of a parent. You can be their friend AFTER they grow up and have a life, until then STEP UP and BE A PARENT! The rest of us are counting on you not to louse the place up with your dysfunctional offspring.

I'm tellin' ya, there should be some sort of test one has to pass before one procreates.

I'm a conservative libertarian who's tired of the same old arguments from BOTH SIDES of the isles of punditry, and having 5 kids (6 in total) still in High School I would agree with Kev's premise on this one. 3 of my kids (the Australian ones that live here with me) are in Woodburn HS, you want to talk ESL, multi-cultural "issues", and accents (Spanish and Russian)? I have met every teacher my kids have ever had, and almost NEVER miss a parent-teacher conference and constantly keep tabs on their progress.

The teachers are awesome, dedicated, well trained, and effective. Being a former Infantry Drill Sgt. I know a bit about training young skulls full of mush to rise up and BE something. These teachers are there because they want to be there, and are the shiznit as far as I'm concerned. All 3 of my Aussie kids are nearly straight A students, my youngest got bumped up a grade and she's a 13 y/o freshman.

The bottom line is, yes there are total loser kids at Woodburn HS who will be society's under achievers, but they have the same opportunity and resources as my kids do. The difference is that my kids have parents that actually parent them. An example is no X-Box on school nights, their internet access is programmed to shut off from 10pm-6am everyday and we track what they view on the internet as well, the "where are you going, what are you going to do when you get there, who are you going with, what time is all this happening, and be home not ONE SECOND later than this" policy is full in effect in our household... See a correlation in all this? Too draconian you say? Tough Shiite.

My 2 other kids that are still in school live with their mother, and are in a Vancouver HS (my oldest and 6th kid is a graduate from there). Due to geographical/practicality limitations I rely on my buddy who is an associate principle at their school to give me objective feedback, thankfully they are all doing well... Plus they know dad is keeping tabs on their performance... See a correlation again?

As for the quality of the staff in Vancouver, my buddy is a top-notch human being, professional, and a "salt of the earth" kinda guy and he loves it at that school. He's also a commissioned officer in the Navy Reserve as a NCIS agent and just started pulling a 1-yr. tour in Afghanistan. The emails and photos he's sent so far are awesome. He still has remote access to my kids' records as well.... AWESOME.

Are me and my kids perfect? Oh, HELLZ NO!! It takes consistent hard work, but we have "better than average" discipline, and therefore enjoy our share of successes and the rewards because it. Schools are not supposed to be a babysitting service. A lot of parents either lack the skills, and/or lack the desire to BE parents, or prefer to be their kids' friends instead of a parent. You can be their friend AFTER they grow up and have a life, until then STEP UP and BE A PARENT! The rest of us are counting on you not to louse the place up with your dysfunctional offspring.

I'm tellin' ya, there should be some sort of test one has to pass before one procreates.

Awesome post. Needs to be a lot more parents like you.

NRA and KKK were started in the same year, by some of the same people

JesusFacepalm+2.jpg

NRA and KKK were started in the same year, by some of the same people

Lay off the Kool-aid or what ever Mr Lush...........Lets set it straight.

The Awful Truth About Micheal Moore

Bowling for Columbine Documentary?

Rule 12 for a documentary to be viewed as a documentary by the Academy Awards is that it must be a work of non-fiction. A non-fictional piece of work contains facts and opinions based on facts so long as it is clear that they are opinions (For example: A documentarian might say that President Lincoln thought slavery was wrong and if he can prove this it is fine).

Now here's a question that can be debated forever. Can one lie even if one never strays from the truth? The instinctive answer to this question is "no, of course not!" But think for a moment. Is it not dishonest to omit pertinent facts? If I said, for example, that a person was shot on the street you might ask me who the murderer was. What I didn't tell you was that the person shot himself on the street. It is a fact that this theoretical person was shot on a street but the full story is that he shot himself. So even though I told nothing but the truth, I was dishonest and therefore lying.

I could also tell you that the NRA was founded the same exact year that the KKK was essentially outlawed as a terrorist organization. Micheal Moore states this fact in Bowling For Columbine. This is, indeed a fact. However, Moore doesn't go into this very deeply. All he does is show us a cartoon Klansman giving a hood to a cartoon NRA member thus showing us that the NRA was founded in response to the laws passed against the KKK in 1871. Moore comes to this conclusion based on one fact and one fact alone. The NRA was founded the same year laws were passed specifically to suppress the KKK's actions. However here are some facts that muck up Moore's conclusion that the NRA and KKK are linked together:

1. The KKK was founded (as we all learned in Forrest Gump) by Nathan Bedford Forrest, a Confederate calvary commander in the Civil War

2. The KKK focused on the southern states in an effort to prevent blacks from receiving the full benefits of being American citizens, specifically the rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

3. The actions of the KKK (murder, violence, arson) had been against US law since the founding of the country

4. The man who signed and enforced the laws against the KKK was former Union General Ulysses S. Grant

5. Grant deployed troops against the KKK and under his presidency 5,000 Klansman were arrested

6. The National Rifle Association was founded by Union officers in New York in 1871

7. Eight of the first ten NRA President's were Union officers

8. Grant was elected the 8th NRA President

9. Grant was followed by General Sheridan who removed the governors of Texas and Louisiana for their failure to enforce Reconstruction laws.

These are facts. Does Moore mention the fact that the KKK was founded by Confederates and the NRA by Union soldiers? Or that the NRA continued to be run by Union officers after it was founded? Or that murder has always been illegal in the USA? Nope. He just simply mentions the fact that the NRA was founded the same year that laws were passed against the KKK. I wonder what else happened in 1871 that might have come about from the laws passed against the KKK. In England, the Rugby Football Union was started, I guess it was made up mostly of Klansman too. The German Empire was established uniting Germany as one country, I guess that was made mostly of former Klansman like the NRA. Moore's argument is as follows:

1. The NRA was founded in 1871
2. There were laws passed in 1871 that focused on the halting of illegal KKK activities

Conclusion: The NRA was founded in order to provide a safe haven for KKK members to meet and carry out their racist agendas

Unfortunately, this argument makes no sense unless a third premise is added to the original two, it is as follows:

3. If an organization ends in a year any organization that begins in that year was started because of the ending of the first organization

Unfortunately for Mr. Moore, this is not true at all. Although there are examples of organizations that end and then are reborn in a different form (Example: sports teams move to a new city, play under a new name, and play in a different stadium). However, examples of organizations taking on different forms but retaining the same basic characteristics do not prove anything. As stated above, the nation of Germany was unified in 1871 and it had nothing to do with the KKK nor did England's Rugby Union.

http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads