JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think it was the service grade, but it's been 3-4 years ago. Is service grade the top end, other than the ones they auction off? I think that I opted for the higher grade between those being offered at the time.
Service, Field, Rack and Range are the grades highest to lowest. Your hang tag has "SG" written on it which made me think Service Grade.

When you received your pistol, did the CMP list any restrictions as to re-selling it? I had heard rumor of this, but it may be just that....rumor. Nothing of the sort was mentioned in the paperwork I filled out. I see a few pop up on Gun Broker, but not very many.

-E-

@aasbra

Another question.........what is the identifying mark to show that your frame is Remington Rand? Were serial numbers given out in blocks to different manufacturers like they did with M1 rifles?

-E-

Service, Field, Rack and Range are the grades highest to lowest. Your hang tag has "SG" written on it which made me think Service Grade.

When you received your pistol, did the CMP list any restrictions as to re-selling it? I had heard rumor of this, but it may be just that....rumor. Nothing of the sort was mentioned in the paperwork I filled out. I see a few pop up on Gun Broker, but not very many.

-E-
I don't recall if there were restrictions on resale, but I do recall seeing some listed for resale when the first batch were distributed. Not sure how the CMP would enforce any restrictions (if indeed there were any) on subsequent sales.

@aasbra

Another question.........what is the identifying mark to show that your frame is Remington Rand? Were serial numbers given out in blocks to different manufacturers like they did with M1 rifles?

-E-
Not sure on the frame. Someone more knowledgeable may be able to answer on its origin (whether RR or another manufacturer). Next time I get it out I'll try to take a look at any markings.

I don't recall if there were restrictions on resale, but I do recall seeing some listed for resale when the first batch were distributed. Not sure how the CMP would enforce any restrictions (if indeed there were any) on subsequent sales.
Probably rumor. They have no restrictions on sales for the M1s except for a yearly limit on what you can buy. After they sell one, I don't know why they would care what happens after that.

-E-

Not sure on the frame. Someone more knowledgeable may be able to answer on its origin (whether RR or another manufacturer). Next time I get it out I'll try to take a look at any markings.
Found the answer.

Serial numbers 14711431 to 1609528 were assigned to Remington Rand in 1944.

Found the answer.

Serial numbers 14711431 to 1609528 were assigned to Remington Rand in 1944.
Thanks, that rings a bell. I think that I researched it upon receipt, and thought I concluded that most of the gun looked to be fairly correct. It did have a new barrel (not original) IIRC. A buddy of mine got one around the same time; his was Colt.

Hypothetically speaking, would it be sacrilege to buy a POS, then send it to Wilson Combat for a complete overhaul?

Asking for a friend....

Some years ago, a new member here posted a 1944 Remington Rand for sale/trade, at an incredible low price of only $225.00.
I was lucky enough to live close to the seller and wasted no time driving out to pick it up.
The pistols slide had some finish removed, but no damage to the roll marks.
I had Velzey re-park it and other then having the hot ejected brass go straight up and fall right on top of your head, it's been a great shooter.

remington rand 002.JPG remington rand 001.JPG

Some years ago, a new member here posted a 1944 Remington Rand for sale/trade, at an incredible low price of only $225.00.
I was lucky enough to live close to the seller and wasted no time driving out to pick it up.
The pistols slide had some finish removed, but no damage to the roll marks.
I had Velzey re-park it and other then having the hot ejected brass go straight up and fall right on top of your head, it's been a great shooter.

View attachment 1276962 View attachment 1276965
Damn, I would have broke my arm getting my wallet out so fast :s0140:

It was bone stock, nothing out of place other then the slide being altered.
I did replace the rear sight with a taller one, as it shot dead straight, just 4" low at 15 yards.
Velzey worked on the trigger a little bit to lessen the standard heavy military pull.
It even came with an original issued magazine. One of my luckier days.

Make sure you put up some pics so the rest of us can tell you how much we DON'T really want one :D
Arrived Tuesday. I took a couple photos when I started the BGC. Rack Grade 1943 Remington Rand frame with a later GI replacement slide. Really tight pistol but the trigger is a bit on the heavy side.

-E-

20230110_174931 (002).jpg 20230110_174952 (002).jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top