JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good morning Southern Oregon ! Its a good day to be above ground in the State of Jefferson :cool: !

image.jpg

In very rural Klamath and Lake Counties it is quite inspiring to see how many homesteads fly the Gadsden Flag.

Jefferson State, The Redoubt, either way, let's get back to something that at least resembles America.

Oh, and remember, it's THESE United States. The Fed's and other evil would only have you believe we are a part of one big collective. Individuality is the only thing that made America great. Once it's gone, it ain't coming back. Fortunately for us, individuality is alive and well down here.

I believe that when Taste and Decency make a return, we will be it's Avenging Sword. I will die in these mountains and I will die free. Being from Portland may influence my appreciation of the freedom that exists here, but I am thankful that I do not take it for granted.

In very rural Klamath and Lake Counties it is quite inspiring to see how many homesteads fly the Gadsden Flag.

Jefferson State, The Redoubt, either way, let's get back to something that at least resembles America.

Oh, and remember, it's THESE United States. The Fed's and other evil would only have you believe we are a part of one big collective. Individuality is the only thing that made America great. Once it's gone, it ain't coming back. Fortunately for us, individuality is alive and well down here.

I believe that when Taste and Decency make a return, we will be it's Avenging Sword. I will die in these mountains and I will die free. Being from Portland may influence my appreciation of the freedom that exists here, but I am thankful that I do not take it for granted.
that's what I'm taking about !

I did notice a good amount of colors flying when I came over the mountain to help with the Bryant Fire

I thought "my people!"......worked extra hard on that fire we did

Love that dust cover! Where did you get that from if you don't mind me asking?
She is a one off I had made for my latest build the Tyrant Hammer

0deb9af9-9a97-47d4-87ee-149830518c5a_zpsp5bugqum.jpg IMG_0424_zps2374d21d.jpg

I went to sportsman and peered through Eotech today....come on taxes

I hear good things about that SWFA scope , if I was looking for a full size rifle I'd love to check it out.......that AR pistol wants reflex

Anyone like puppies ?

had these boys since they were a month old, liter mates. Bottle fed them for a while ....I'd die for them

View attachment 218913

any puppy pics ?
LIKE puppies? Who doesn't LOVE puppies?

I have a female Australian Shepherd that I bought for my wife. After trying to back off and allow them to bond for a while, it became apparent that she(the dog, not my wife.) and I were going to be best friends. We hunt the Fremont-Winema National Forest together and she helps me thin cottontails and other pests off of our property. I've never had any problem shooting over my dog, but she's so darn smart that she'll bust a cottontail, give chase for 10 or 20 feet, then back off until she hears the gunshot, then back on top of the offending varmint. Last summer, 2 Border Collies got onto our property while I was trying to wait out a badger and when the Collies noticed me they started to get a little tough and acted as though they wanted some #6's through the middle. My dog heard them from about 75 yards away and when she came to "rescue me" she barreled one dog completely over so hard that he truly spun once in the air and twice on the ground and was on the second dog's throat in what seemed like half a second. Funny, those Collies never came back. For you "equal opportunity" Jefferson State residents, we rescued a Deer Head Chihuahua/Miniature Pinscher mix from some crazed dog-hoarding person in the town of Sprague River, so that my wife wouldn't feel too left out. She and Skeeter(after Skeeter Skelton, naturally.) are the best of friends.

Our(ahem, MY) next dog will be an Australian Shepherd of some sort. In High School I dated a girl that had a Blue Heeler that was an incredible dog. I have considered a Beagle for my rabbit and quail hunting purposes, but my girl does just fine on that without the general "high-strung" qualities I find in most Beagles.

Life is just simply better with dogs.

nice, those herding/cattle dogs are just so smart and loyal

My wolf boys are very very smart, they are just a little more headstrong though ....but ultra smart, problem solving and loyal till the death, pack mentality.

I acclimated them too people so they wouldn't be "looked" at like a Pit or something. Worked well as they get along with people fine. Other dogs though, cant make them friendly . They are just way too territorial

nice, those herding/cattle dogs are just so smart and loyal

My wolf boys are very very smart, they are just a little more headstrong though ....but ultra smart, problem solving and loyal till the death, pack mentality.
. They are just way too territorial

Cattle dogs CAN be a problem around other dogs/kids......they CAN try to be "controllers of the situation", because of their herding instincts.

But they are GREAT dogs to have in the RIGHT situation.:D

I WAS interested in a Wolf/Hybrid at one time, but decided against it because of territorial/liability/required fencing, etc.

I studied wolves A LOT years ago.

My 140# GSD solves that problem.:D
:cool:

Have any Photos of your wolves?
:)

Last Edited:
Cattle dogs are wonderful and are great companions. While I'm sure it has to do with the individual dog and the given family, we introduced ours into our family when our son was 9. We trained her well and the only "problem" is when she tries to herd us while we walk and that she seems to believe that I am HER man and my wife is our pet.

I looked into wolves and a Siberian Husky. For me(I want to be very clear about the FOR ME part. I am not telling anyone what dog does and doesn't work for them.) I went against the Husky because of the strong will, independence and their uncanny ability to constantly escape whatever it is they are in, whether a closet or 100 acre pen. I didn't go for the wolves, simply because it is my belief that they need another 7-9,000 years of domestication before they are truly one of "man's best friends". At the same time, I had a friend in Washougal, WA that had a few wolves and the only problem they ever had was when they would escape their pen. They appeared to be wonderful pets, but that is the extent of my personal experience with them.

I grew up around German Shepherds all my life. My Aunt & Uncle always had them in Portland while I was growing up and now they breed them in Iowa.

that's what I'm taking about !

I did notice a good amount of colors flying when I came over the mountain to help with the Bryant Fire

I thought "my people!"......worked extra hard on that fire we did

She is a one off I had made for my latest build the Tyrant Hammer
You guys DID do an incredible job on the Bryant Fire! We are a little further away, but we saw the smoke and knew people directly effected by it. Thank you so much for your hard work. As someone living in this beautiful tinderbox, we very much appreciate it.

I decided to NOT make the comment I was going to make.......:D:D:D:)
I CAN TAKE A JOKE!!!

Just because I keep her in a cage lined with the funny papers and feed her water from a hamster bottle doesn't mean I love her any less. I let her out to do laundry and dishes and stuff. What's the big deal? The dog seems to be OK with it.

Have any Photos of your wolves?
:)

I love GSD's

here are my boys, 10% Siberian Husky, 10% Norwegian Elk Hound and 80% Timber
my wife is 6' to give a size perspective......I have lots but these are my favorites because they were going through the "challenge the alfa " stage. I would just make my wife sit there till I got the camera LOL

battling for possession of MY bed

You guys DID do an incredible job on the Bryant Fire! We are a little further away, but we saw the smoke and knew people directly effected by it. Thank you so much for your hard work. As someone living in this beautiful tinderbox, we very much appreciate it.

thanks......although the taste of Barry Point is still in the mouths of all the good people of the area because the Feds just choked on that fire with no regard to the local population and what was important to them.......and the state didn't step in and say "Hey" we aren't going to let you run this fire like that here.....anyway the public and the congressmen were very pleased the way Bryant fire went....I'm a Division Sup on the IMT that put that fire out....NOT a Fed team

IMG_1049_zpse3bc200f.jpg Untitled.jpg IMG_0726_zps8b21fe1b.jpg IMG_0810-Copy2_zps0d4fa4f9.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top