JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I love GSD's

here are my boys, 10% Siberian Husky, 10% Norwegian Elk Hound and 80% Timber
my wife is 6' to give a size perspective......I have lots but these are my favorites because they were going through the "challenge the alfa " stage. I would just make my wife sit there till I got the camera LOL

battling for possession of MY bed

thanks......although the taste of Barry Point is still in the mouths of all the good people of the area because the Feds just choked on that fire with no regard to the local population and what was important to them.......and the state didn't step in and say "Hey" we aren't going to let you run this fire like that here.....anyway the public and the congressmen were very pleased the way Bryant fire went....I'm a Division Sup on the IMT that put that fire out....NOT a Fed team

Absolutely beautiful dogs. Do you breed them?

We know people that were helped and comforted by The Red Cross. They really did some good in the tiny town of Sprague River, which is about the closest "town" to me, if you call a place with one rusty gas pump and a "Library" with a grand total of 6 books a "town".

I would be out of my league to discuss the politics of the fire without being a liar. Don't The Fed's choke on EVERYTHING? The locals around here know about fire. Politicians in Salem or DC know about theft and the undermining of Liberty and Freedom.

If I want a fire put out, I'll call you. If I want my home raided, rights stomped on, or my kids poisoned, I'll call the Fed's. Like a lot of others in this world, I got absolutely NO use for them and besides an armed force that is to protect our borders(HA!), They can pound sand and get nothing but contempt from me.

Absolutely beautiful dogs. Do you breed them?
no, my friend had their dad for many years and wanted a pup from him before he died so they got a female and had a litter. He had good homes lined out for the litter and kept a black one.....

I would be out of my league to discuss the politics of the fire without being a liar. Don't The Fed's choke on EVERYTHING? The locals around here know about fire. Politicians in Salem or DC know about theft and the undermining of Liberty and Freedom

Yeah actually, these days they do. Vicious circle it all is......
think of fed fires like you would think of fed everything else.
Knee jerk reactions and throwing unreal amounts of money.
Waste, incompetence , arrogance and superiority complex........that's the "management".....folks down in the ranks are like everyone else.....just trying to make a buck and stay alive.....till they move up in the system, keep getting pushed till the reach a spot where they are over their heads, and there they stay for the rest of their career , doing a half a$$ job.

If I want a fire put out, I'll call you. If I want my home raided, rights stomped on, or my kids poisoned, I'll call the Fed's. Like a lot of others in this world, I got absolutely NO use for them and besides an armed force that is to protect our borders(HA!), They can pound sand and get nothing but contempt from me.
I hear ya

More on Bryant vs Berry Point
http://oregoncatalyst.com/27886-ore...ovements-protecting-private-forest-lands.html

Last Edited:
you guys are too quiet....tomorrow is black rifle day at the 600 yard range .....playing hooky to spend the day with my son

and I got my EOTech in ! whoo hoo

image.jpg IMG_0050_zpsyvtzgyvq.jpg

Nice sporting rifles!

What model CZ is that?
Thank You GOG!

that sir is an SP-01 Tac, one of the finest pistols I've had the pleasure to own

I am in, honestly since I MOVED to SE side of GP I have not shoot any target over 300 yards. :-( I need to practice reach out 500+yard like I used to.

View attachment 221406
nice stick !......you wouldn't need much help at all
Try the Jackson Co range off 140, Tuesdays and Thursdays they run the historic Camp White sevice rifle range.
3,4,5 and 600 yard lines.
There are old benchrest shooters that run the place , sit there and shoot 1 inch groups at 600 with 6mmBR's all day
Really good folks, no one leaves there without getting on paper

everybody go home from work and get your iron , killer day for shooting

One of the best days shooting I had in a while..

had a 5 to 10 right to left cross wind so it moved 556 a little but I held for it

Best part of the day was impressing the BR shooters.
See they aren't much on AR's at the ol 600 yard bench but they are so friendly and welcoming that its all good.
So during the BS session I ask if its ok to go prone, they say sure with a little chuckle.
Then they see the rifle and the little scope. "only 6 power!" I let 'em pass it around "well, OK?" I explain the role of the scope and get a nod, most of them are retired vets "its a fighting scope" , "yep" I say.

So they take my boy down to the pit and show him how to run the target.....going down they tell him they see a few AR's with a lot bigger scopes than mine and they have a hard time, especially in the wind....

As I shoot my son said they started asking about my training and couldn't believe I wasn't out of the military with all the hits I was getting, what a compliment, one is an old Marine. After it all they all congratulated me and said it was probably some of the best AR shooting they have seen.

Here are some shots of today, they target doesn't look like much, and to some it isn't but to me this is awesome for a windy day and a 1-6X at 600 yards

there isn't any real grouping done today just single shots, in the wind, they pull it down mark it and hoist it back up

first here is the scope 1-6x ACSS

the old Camp White mechanism for hoisting targets, wind flag

the range, targets at the base of the grassy/oak ridge

the "competition" lol

the image in my head

the target, not one off paper, first shot is the little white patch, also was alternating between 77gr and 69 gr HPBT so their POI was different ....all done on Kentucky Windage

forgive the giddiness its just I built the gun, loaded the ammo and all, spent the day with my son so I am on cloud 9!

IMG_0102_zps18736ce5.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg imagejpg1_zps612ac133.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I know nothing about LD shooting, but would like to learn.:):D

Is this range available any time other than when there a bunch of shooters there?

I'd like some slow, basic lessons, w/o hanging people up.:D:cool:
It is open only on Tuesday and Thursday .

It has active range officers that are shooters, today two went to run targets , one stayed and spotted , interacted and gave advice.

They communicate with the pit and advise on placement when asked

The three guys shooting seemed to be regulars

Three guys watching shot as we left, they just stood their being and watching with binoculars ......all very friendly

The pace is very slow, and quite honestly very refreshing and therapeutic.
I have really been doing so much dynamic shooting the last couple years that I forgot how therapeutic shooting can be......dynamic shooting is super fun but not relaxing.

It really helps them if you can bring someone to run your target. They allow you to swich around as well . If you can't then it will fall on one of the range guys to shag your target.

Before you go, zero 100 yards well. After that the RO's can help get on paper if you need it

They have 3,4,5,6 hundred lines

The main side of the range opens at 8am, however the folks that run the long distance range show at 9:30, things get hot about 10.
You can come in and shoot it seems between 9:30 and 1:30pm

Everyone there was retired, I've crossed over to my 40's and I was 20 years younger than most of them

I honestly think you wouldn't have any issue going there and learning to do what ever you like at the pace you like, everyone is super nice and not in a hurry.....just real casual

My guns are going in the safe again. Getting another surgery in 2 weeks, this time on my right arm to move the ulnar nerve. So I'll be out of the game atleast for a couple months according to the doc. If y'all set up a cleanup/shoot in May-June, I will still be up for driving down south to help but won't be able to shoot.

My guns are going in the safe again. Getting another surgery in 2 weeks, this time on my right arm to move the ulnar nerve. So I'll be out of the game atleast for a couple months according to the doc. If y'all set up a cleanup/shoot in May-June, I will still be up for driving down south to help but won't be able to shoot.

wishing you a successful surgery and a speedy recovery

So I'll be out of the game at least for a couple months according to the doc.

Good luck on your surgery!:D:):):D

Make it a point to prove the docs recovery time wrong.....6 weeks MAX!:D

BYW, I received 0, as in no-none-nada' response from no one-nobody-0 persons in reference to getting together for a shoot/cleanup, etc.

Interested parties were to conversation me w/email address........

0/none/no/nope/nada'/negative/no wano' conversations/emails recd'.

So, i be doing it my own self.............................................:rolleyes:o_O;):(:mad::confused::cool::p:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O:);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:

:s0001:...:s0005:...:s0105:...:s0107:...:s0108:...:s0110:...:s0012:...:s0112:...:s0114:...:s0018:...:s0118:...:s0120:...

Thanks. This will be the 3rd surgery in 6 months.
Heck I thought you were going to post a date 30 days prior to find out who was up for it.

Why post?

For who?........................or whom?

I'm one O' them weirdos.:D

When I ask a Direct question, and do not receive a Direct response, I ASSume I will not get an honest response if they do eventually answer...:rolleyes:

Just sompun' I learned in 25 years of asking questions...............:);)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top