JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What you saw may have been hemp, not pot. I don't know about OR, but I've been told that in WA the law says pot being grown outdoors can't be visible from the road. There are 3 or 4 farms in my area and they all have fencing that blocks the view from outside, so it could be true. One of the farms has plants that are currently taller than the 8' fence, so you can see the tops as you drive by, but the rest is blocked.

What you saw may have been hemp, not pot. I don't know about OR, but I've been told that in WA the law says pot being grown outdoors can't be visible from the road. There are 3 or 4 farms in my area and they all have fencing that blocks the view from outside, so it could be true. One of the farms has plants that are currently taller than the 8' fence, so you can see the tops as you drive by, but the rest is blocked.
That's a good point. These plants looked to be 4' at the most. It was just a quick glance to the side as I was towing the boat so really keep my eyes and mind on that job. I don't know, is hemp grown to a good height? That would make sense considering longer fibers are better fibers for such things? Then again I've only seen "Weed" in the fields three times now, I think.

That's a good point. These plants looked to be 4' at the most. It was just a quick glance to the side as I was towing the boat so really keep my eyes and mind on that job. I don't know, is hemp grown to a good height? That would make sense considering longer fibers are better fibers for such things? Then again I've only seen "Weed" in the fields three times now, I think.
I think most hemp grown these days is for CBD. I don't know what the harvest cycle is for that or how big the plants get. The farms in this area are growing pot for the THC from what I can tell.

eta: pictures

FWIW,

These are Google Earth pics of three of the pot farms in my area. I drive past #1 and #3 on my way to work every day. #3 is the one that currently has plants taller than the fence.

These places really aren't that big. Farm #2 is larger than the others because it is the one that has three licenses on one property.

potfarm1.jpg

potfarm2.jpg

potfarm3.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show