JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Refer him back to my post back in mid-October 2018, complete with pictures, when I accidentally dropped my CZ 9mm, stupidly grabbed it with my finger in the trigger guard, and blew a hole straight through my ankle and foot. The pictures are exceptional visual aids for the chronically stupid.

Nope, weapons are to stay concealed at any party I may attend, which means every one is armed, so no need to show unless some one has a new piece or holster and if any of that takes place its done away from others and quietly and every safety precaution is strictly adhered to!

If he HAS to, he could simply lift his shirt and tell you what he's carrying.. some guys get really excited I suppose.

The need to show it and the flagging though.. that there is no excuse for. Loaded or not. Actions like that often prove he isn't a gun guy.. just a guy with a gun.

I myself had a great range day followed by hot tubbing, then had some tequila and watched a movie. Probably one of the most relaxing days off Ive had in a while. Sorry yours had some annoyance. Nothing worse than being in a group where you can't speak your mind as to not stir up emotions and cause wakes for everyone else.

This action would also get you invited to less parties, so that's kind of a bonus...:p

Uhhhh, wouldn't shoving in his face be likely to get one arrested???

Nope, weapons are to stay concealed at any party I may attend, which means every one is armed, so no need to show unless some one has a new piece or holster and if any of that takes place its done away from others and quietly and every safety precaution is strictly adhered to!

Gotta love those back room deals...

I have been asked at Parties, as people know I own guns, I think most in the city seem to and thats good and bad.
Digress, but when a person asked to see it. I tell them just a sec why I make it safe. And if there is a safe place to do so.
Depending whether revolver or pistol I have it open for observation. And then walk back to them with it in display mode.
Which often leads to more questions as to why I did what I just did, and a great educational moment can ensue.

I never , ever take it out unless asked, and then only if I can secure it. I usually never let anyone handle it though.
Wife prefers I don't let anyone handle it either, but thats another topic.:rolleyes:

at a house warming / birthday party. One of my wife's co-workers home. Just under 7 acres, feels like a farm/ranch. Horses, chickens, ducks, dogs, creek.

Talking in the kitchen enjoying an hard-cider, talking about guns and shooting as you do. One of the guests ask if I shoot, after my affirmative, lifts shirt to reveal he is carrying. OK so far, pulls his S&W SD9 ... sweeps the room ... removes the mag, sweeps me, again ... removes the loaded round.

I politely stopped talking with him.

My wife saw the pistol come up and she backed up as far as she could. Gave our host a WTF look, got a "so sorry" mouthed back.

That was my Sunday afternoon.

How you all do?
Didn't get swept so... good

Thinking of the last cocktail party we were at. Gonzo, though, alas, not nearly as fun, or surreal, as the last one. (There is always another time.) The purpose of such gatherings in Eugene is unique and specific, but will leave it at that. Beyond that, it is pretty wild cross-section of humanity: all socioeconomic positions, ethnicities, and age brackets. Appearances ranged from disheveled and multicolored hair to business casual, cutting edge to conservative, to giggle-inducing. We went with the gent in a tweed suit, pomaded hair, and a certain lapel pin (alas, the ascot idea was thoroughly torpedoed by my delightful consort, for at least the second time, though I got away with it on a trip of my own to the coast); while the aforementioned Señora rocked what could be described as Salsa dancer with matching belly-ring and hair-stick.

In a sort of, for lack of better way to put it, Hunter Thompson-esque style, G&T in hand, wending my way through the chaos, trying to ignore the crappy, blasting techno music, I encountered various individuals, including: a friendly Arab dude with a train-wreck of a wife, two Millennial chicks I'm pretty sure had the IQ of sea-slug on a good day, a young and cute button-downed interracial couple, an Amazon who scowled at me for unknown reasons for the second time at such a gathering, a blotto fellow wearing a dorky sports jersey who high-fived me (to quote Seinfeld, "slapping hands is the lowest form of male primate ritual"), a guy with a jacket lit up with Christmas lights, and yet another Amazon who kind of stalked me online and showed up unexpectedly. I finally came upon "friendlies" in the form a sod farmer and one of his two wives. While the females chatted, I tried to think of what a scarred-up, but relatively (possibly charitably) sane computer / computational science type would have in common with a polygamist, grass-growing, tattooed and tongue-ringed chap. Turned out it was guns. Works for me! And I've long ago learned how to embrace the surreal. :s0112:

Thinking of the last cocktail party we were at. Gonzo, though, alas, not nearly as fun, or surreal, as the last one. (There is always another time.) The purpose of such gatherings in Eugene is unique and specific, but will leave it at that. Beyond that, it is pretty wild cross-section of humanity: all socioeconomic positions, ethnicities, and age brackets. Appearances ranged from disheveled and multicolored hair to business casual, cutting edge to conservative, to giggle-inducing. We went with the gent in a tweed suit, pomaded hair, and a certain lapel pin (alas, the ascot idea was thoroughly torpedoed by my delightful consort, for at least the second time, though I got away with it on a trip of my own to the coast); while the aforementioned Seniōra rocked what could be described as Salsa dancer with matching belly-ring and hair-stick.

In a sort of, for lack of better way to put it, Hunter Thompson-esque style, G&T in hand, wending my way through the chaos, trying to ignore the crappy, blasting techno music, I encountered various individuals, including: a friendly Arab dude with a train-wreck of a wife, two Millennial chicks I'm pretty sure had the IQ of sea-slug on a good day, a young and cute button-downed interracial couple, an Amazon who scowled at me for unknown reasons for the second time at such a gathering, a blotto fellow wearing a dorky sports jersey who high-fived me (to quote Seinfeld, "slapping hands is the lowest form of male primate ritual"), a guy with a jacket lit up with Christmas lights, and yet another Amazon who kind of stalked me online and showed up unexpectedly. I finally came upon "friendlies" in the form a sod farmer and one of his two wives. While the females chatted, I tried to think of what a scarred-up, but relatively (possibly charitably) sane computer / computational science type would have in common with a polygamist, grass-growing, tattooed and tongue-ringed chap. Turned out it was guns. Works for me! And I've long ago learned how to embrace the surreal. :s0112:

Yous guys need to come north a little ways, we do up a much more betterer party here!
Theres usually a few drunken Cossacks, a monstrously YUGE Scottsman with the deepest red and flowing beard you ever saw, and a waif of a wife who has him wrapped around her pinky finger, assorted eastern Europeans, and a few Northmen from across the Baltic! There is much laughter, singing and dancing, and no one drives home after ward! The morning after is almost as epic with hung over corpses strewn about! My kind of fun! :cool::);)

Yous guys need to come north a little ways, we do up a much more betterer party here!
Theres usually a few drunken Cossacks, a monstrously YUGE Scottsman with the deepest red and flowing beard you ever saw, and a waif of a wife who has him wrapped around her pinky finger, assorted eastern Europeans, and a few Northmen from across the Baltic! There is much laughter, singing and dancing, and no one drives home after ward! The morning after is almost as epic with hung over corpses strewn about! My kind of fun! :cool::);)

Me: Laughing uncontrollably. The word "yuge", followed by a wacky expression.
Wife (after wandering in): Sounds much better!

P.S. Cossacks, lol. I promise to not be an Inquisitor. :p

I just ate a burrito from Jack in the Box. Almost as dangerous.
Jack's got a burrito?? I'm gone.
Roll the windows up, crank the heat and hot box someone in the passenger seat:D:p:eek:
It gets the fleas off the dogs too.

re: Getting swept; It's happened to me at ranges and gun stores.
I've loudly asked people to watch what they are doing when that has happened to me. If they apologize, we're done. If they look confused, I explain, nicely. If they get huffy, I leave.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top