JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
16404620824706009822049466119319_831392942256181.jpg

I knew there had to be some benefit.... if you survive long enough.

"A day late and a diamond short."
I may have set a record for "late" awhile back (February will mark 55 years "back"), and I was definitely a diamond short; in fact, there was no diamond at all.

Instead of a rock, I promised her world travel on your Uncle's dime. Frankly, I was finding more lint than coins in my pockets while just trying to get together the "first & last" needed for an apartment. Approximately five milliseconds after I signed that rental agreement, her sisters moved all her stuff out of their shared bedroom and piled it in the hallway.

Now for the "late" part: It was actually very late, maybe a week or so before the modest wedding her folks planned for us, that I finally got around to formally asking her hand in marriage. Admittedly, I was pretty certain of her answer (otherwise, I'd have waited until her mouth was too full of wedding cake to say "No").

Eleven months to the day after our big event, I went away for a year-long vacation (without her, but definitely on your Uncle's dime) to various exciting parts of Southeast Asia. Since she was still waiting for me when I came back to the world, she must've seriously meant "Yes".

PS: The remainder of my 40-year career (military & government service) offered a multitude of opportunities for her to "see the world" and she never tired of it. Over those years, I managed to save more than enough of your Uncle's dimes to buy her a long-delayed diamond, but she doesn't want one.

I think that I'm the one who has the gem.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top