JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I decided to test a couple things 38 Super today one was a Rock island "rock" slide on a GI frame. The idea being to have better sights the the plain Jane GI's. The other thing I wanted to test was if my marked as a 38 Super would shoot the 38 Super Comp ammo. The Super has a rim and head spaces off of that while the Super Comp has a rim the same size as the case body and head spaces off of the case mouth. My barrel has both the tab for the Super cases and the lip for the Super comp. Both should work but the internet question is if the extractor will grab the smaller rim or not. So I load up a magazine with super comps, sling shot the slide and a round falls out the end of the barrel. Try again, same thing so I think it must need the supers only well because that's what I was focused on. I got the same results, sling shot the slide and a round falls out of the barrel. I'm a little freaked out by this as I've shot the gun before with the old slide and Super ammo. I can't figure out how changing the slide will make the bullets fall out. As I'm working the slide I see the problem, the barrel hood is marked 45acp. I now have two Rocks that look the same and I was putting the 38 super in the 45 acp. What a dum-bass I'll know to watch for that a little closer from here on out. Once I got the right ammo in the right gun everything worked as it should.

I have a G40 and a G41. Both with the exact same RDS. Care to guess how many times I had a 10mm round slide out the muzzel of a 45acp barrel?

Finally got a backplate and matching mag baseplates.

:s0001:
🤬:s0115:

Honest enough mistake, I'd say.

Many decades ago when I was a teenager, some pals of mine came over to the house with a Thompson SMG, which was a deactivated war trophy (DEWAT). The WW2 version, not the earlier kind with the finned bbl. In those days, you didn't need papers for them. One of these guys had a .45 ACP cartridge, and he proceeded to drop it into the muzzle of the gun. You could hear it falling all the way down to the chamber. They kept riddling me, "How do you think this can be?"

They finally gave it up. Some other guy's dad had made the gun up from parts. He'd used a turned-down 50 cal. barrel on the Thompson.

@oremike - funny you used the phrase dum-bass, that's something I use with my 14 year old daughter.

We refer to some people as stupid fish, otherwise known as dumb basses….

Thanks for putting a smile on my face and for the great story too…
I'm totally going to start using "stupid fish" with my 6yo and 9yo.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews