JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
.......now whats a decent 22short rifle i can have fun with...id rather not have a single shot...pump action likely...whats the gun you have or would choose for some quiet fun and how much would you pay for it.

20140323_132341_zps75011bef.jpg

I'd go with a cheap Butler side break derringer! You probably have a life long supply of shorts! (I actually have one:) You will fall asleep before you run out of ammo!

I'd go with a cheap Butler side break derringer! You probably have a life long supply of shorts! (I actually have one:) You will fall asleep before you run out of ammo!

Indeed!

I should've specified rifle in the first post....no pistols.... i have to many pointless guns already.

Tha's a nice stash Drewp.

I've also got a couple old bricks of shorts and longs (not long rifle) that I'd shoot, but they won't feed in my modern semi-autos. And it gets kinda boring shoving a round at a time into my Dad's ancient Western Field (Mossberg) bolt action.

Never thought much of those little tube fed pump action 22's when I was (a lot) younger and they were a dime a dozen. Fast-forward a few decades and now I'm intrigued. But I see vendors asking rapacious numbers for them at the gun shows - time after time - which would indicate they're not selling at those prices.

So I have two questions about pump action 22's:

- Will they feed all 3 common sizes of 22 ammo?

- And does anyone know where Drewp and I can find fairly priced pump 22 rifles around Portland?

Last Edited:
I had a tube fed .22 lever years ago and not sure what happened to it. It has been over 30 yrs and would love to find another one. Hell I remember shooting it when I was 10.

I believe that many older tube fed bolt,pump or lever rifles can use shorts. My old Mossberg 146B can handle anything from LR to CB caps. I would haunt pawn shops etc. Back in the day it was common to see such rifles roll stamped, ".22 Short, Long or Long Rifle". Mine does.

Last Edited:
The Winchester 190, a tube fed semi auto will take the shorts. Last time I looked there were a couple of them for sale on this forum for less than $200.

The Winchester 190, a tube fed semi auto will take the shorts. Last time I looked there were a couple of them for sale on this forum for less than $200.

Ha I have a win190...dammit I should've taken it out today...i think it only says 22l and 22lr on it through. Ill check that out this week

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top