JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
.......now whats a decent 22short rifle i can have fun with...id rather not have a single shot...pump action likely...whats the gun you have or would choose for some quiet fun and how much would you pay for it.
You could get a Winchester 190 or a sears branded Model of one for about $100 to $150 I was shooting one yesterday and it fed the shorts just as good as the lr

20140323_132341_zps75011bef.jpg

Ha I have a win190...dammit I should've taken it out today...i think it only says 22l and 22lr on it through. Ill check that out this week

It could be that if your 190 will feed the shorts but they won't work the action you could have a streight pull bolt action on your hands. Be a nice solution since you already have the rifle.

tube fed lever action gets my vote. very accurate, shoots most 22 cal rounds...

22 short, 22 long, 22 long rifle, CB, etc...

you can shoot CBs with them and be just as quiet as subsonic + suppressor

great reliable rifles.

.......now whats a decent 22short rifle i can have fun with...id rather not have a single shot...pump action likely...whats the gun you have or would choose for some quiet fun and how much would you pay for it.

A lot of old Marlins are tube fed and will shoot 22 short, long, and lr. You can find some for 1-150

20140323_132341_zps75011bef.jpg

Got an old Marlin 781 that feeds shorts quite well. I use it to plink the squirrels and shrews around here with subsonics. They never get bound up and feed proper even with only being powered by the primer. 16 in the tube too!

I took my win 190 which says L or OR on the barrel.... a box of cci "targets" and a box of the old remington hi speed golden bullets....the cci were very accurate but I had to manually run the action...now the Remington was self loading 8 out of every 10 bullets but it was wildly un- accurate...

My first gun was a Marlin 25. Magazine fed, bolt action, and it shoots .22 LR, .22 L, and .22 shorts. I lost track of it about 30 years or so ago.

I liked it so much I got one for my son for his first gun.

You can get them for 125 or 150 when you find them.

I bought a rusty tube feed .22 rifle at a yard sale for $5. Ended up spending $60 in parts to get it running. I believe it might have been sold through Monkey Wards way back when. Shoots long rifle .22's perfectly. If you get down south bring your .22 shorts and lets try it out!
May our lives glorify God,
Michael

well i was out at my shop working and my buddy swung by to clean his guns. he brought a sweeet mossberg 342kc(i think) its bolt action, has a seven round magazine and has a built on fold down forward grip....and its dead acccurate. we shot 150rds of 22lr 42grain and a handful of 22shorts cci all under the headlights and were grouping them well

if i get rid/sell off my WIN190 and my extra ruger 10/22 ill be looking for one of these...and yes i asked him to sell...his dad bought it new a long time ago so it was a NO from him haha

20140329_205123_zps4025a257.jpg 20140329_205137_zps8f3e6e2b.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads