JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
.......now whats a decent 22short rifle i can have fun with...id rather not have a single shot...pump action likely...whats the gun you have or would choose for some quiet fun and how much would you pay for it.

20140323_132341_zps75011bef.jpg

I'd go with a cheap Butler side break derringer! You probably have a life long supply of shorts! (I actually have one:) You will fall asleep before you run out of ammo!

I'd go with a cheap Butler side break derringer! You probably have a life long supply of shorts! (I actually have one:) You will fall asleep before you run out of ammo!

Indeed!

I should've specified rifle in the first post....no pistols.... i have to many pointless guns already.

Tha's a nice stash Drewp.

I've also got a couple old bricks of shorts and longs (not long rifle) that I'd shoot, but they won't feed in my modern semi-autos. And it gets kinda boring shoving a round at a time into my Dad's ancient Western Field (Mossberg) bolt action.

Never thought much of those little tube fed pump action 22's when I was (a lot) younger and they were a dime a dozen. Fast-forward a few decades and now I'm intrigued. But I see vendors asking rapacious numbers for them at the gun shows - time after time - which would indicate they're not selling at those prices.

So I have two questions about pump action 22's:

- Will they feed all 3 common sizes of 22 ammo?

- And does anyone know where Drewp and I can find fairly priced pump 22 rifles around Portland?

Last Edited:
I had a tube fed .22 lever years ago and not sure what happened to it. It has been over 30 yrs and would love to find another one. Hell I remember shooting it when I was 10.

I believe that many older tube fed bolt,pump or lever rifles can use shorts. My old Mossberg 146B can handle anything from LR to CB caps. I would haunt pawn shops etc. Back in the day it was common to see such rifles roll stamped, ".22 Short, Long or Long Rifle". Mine does.

Last Edited:
The Winchester 190, a tube fed semi auto will take the shorts. Last time I looked there were a couple of them for sale on this forum for less than $200.

The Winchester 190, a tube fed semi auto will take the shorts. Last time I looked there were a couple of them for sale on this forum for less than $200.

Ha I have a win190...dammit I should've taken it out today...i think it only says 22l and 22lr on it through. Ill check that out this week

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top