JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A friend of mine, and Irishman from the Emerald Idles, told me once that people have no idea how many firearms are in house walls in Ireland as a result of defiance to the Crown. Just sayin'.

Generally, I don't like to get involved in political conversations, and this is rapidly dissolving into that. But I will repeat something a smarter man than me once said: if it's time to start burying/hiding guns, then it's time to start using them.

Buying frenzies assume in part that existing guns will be grandfathered and not subject to a confiscation scheme.

Perhaps for some people. For others it might signal a determination to be armed no matter what the laws say.

There are definitely a lot more gun owners now, many of them liberals.

I just don't see the rulers trying anything like confiscation. Some more meaningless baloney-slicing is on the menu no matter who gets elected, that most people will ignore - just like the gun owners in New York. This ain't Australia.

America (shamefully) already has 2.4 million people in jail, up at the level Stalin's KGB did. They just don't have room for many more. And guess what? Most of those people are in for drug "crimes", and you can still buy drugs in any city in America, even in any government school in America. Also, most of those people don't think of what they were imprisoned for as something virtuous, while gun owners DO think bearing arms is virtuous or a necessity.

Hillary is playing to a particular constituency to get the nomination. After that, all of a sudden she will tone down her rhetoric, move to the center to fight Trump. She will end up like Obama, with the only significant thing happening being that she sells a boat load of guns.

All of the above assumes the economy does not crash. However I think it highly probable there will be a depression that will make the "Great Depression" look piddling. If that happens, all bets are off, and we will likely be at war.

While I agree that most gun owners want to be law abiding and that is the reason we put up with background checks, filling out the 4473s and getting concealed carry permits which no other right in the Bill of Rights requires there will be a point that enough is enough.

We are not Australia or England we are America and we have a Second Amendment even if our government does not want to recognize it. The government knows it cannot change it at the moment as it does not have the 2/3 required to vote for it. Can they make it expensive in some way probably can they make us jump through more hoops probably but only if we allow it.

We need to make our voice clear and loud no more not for the safety of children or to stop felons or to keep the mentally unstable from getting them because if we give up any bit of liberty for the false hope of security then we have all ready lost. None of this worked in England or Australia or Paris so what makes them think it will make us safer here.

Currently I feel it is all hot air to make her followers all wet with excitement but if she gets the Supreme Court pick that could do some damage and then we may have to make a stand, basically sink or swim.

More Americans are buying guns because the government cannot be everywhere all the time and we are our first line of defense. Women are getting training and canceled permits faster than men for the first time in history because they know that the police show up after the crime has be committed and they need to take responsibly for them self's.

This election will be exciting on many fronts but gun rights are a big issue this go-around so make your vote count.

^^^Or the blue helmets start marching down our streets to disarm the "domestic terrorists" who refused to comply...

Can easily see that happening with Hiltery...

Let em come, we'll send em home in body bags...

233924-4eae790a0e84bfb336bb569d49e55392.jpg

Last Edited:
Again, I don't want to get dragged into the sewer that is politics, but do any of you think it will be any better if Bernie was nominated? You see it happening if Billary is nominated, but I suggest to you it should be likely with her, Sanders, or Trump. In fact the only way I would relax is if Cruz managed to pull it out and the right kept control of at least one house of congress. Add to that the Supreme Court...

I guess my point is that you should be preparing now. You likely won't be able to relax for the foreseeable future. If you need a weapon to defend you and yours or ammo for it, you should be getting it now. In fact you should have been getting it for a while.

In the meanwhile, I will continue to enjoy building my bolt guns and collecting my sporters. I do, however need to pick up several thousand large rifle primers and some .30 cal projectiles. Brass I have, powder I have. Can never have enough properly stored primers or powder...

Now is a very good time to start. Prices are low and most stuff is available. I watch for the ammo sales at BiMart and Fishermans to add to the ammo stash. AR prices are really reasonable right now also. I expect they will triple once the panic starts.
I am also good to go now, but I like to replace the ammo I shoot + some extra.

the problem with the statements about just laying low & quietly disobeying a ban, etc is that it only addresses the near term concern legal trouble. But that effectively silences / suppresses the all aspects of firearms related culture & thought...everyone can hide their guns in the walls like the irish guy mentioned, but what about the long term? Once our generation has passed there is very little to be passed on...that pretty much wipes everything out in a single generation

the problem with the statements about just laying low & quietly disobeying a ban, etc is that it only addresses the near term concern legal trouble. But that effectively silences / suppresses the all aspects of firearms related culture & thought...everyone can hide their guns in the walls like the irish guy mentioned, but what about the long term? Once our generation has passed there is very little to be passed on...that pretty much wipes everything out in a single generation
Losing it all in a single generation, how sad... Considering most of our parents were part of the greatest generation... And the legacy we give ours kids will be of the softest, most complacent generation...

America, a shell of her former self...
Sorry, still in a foul mood, must be the flu...

In addition to what @IheartSig said, I would add this - we have the 2nd amendment, something Australia didn't have, and that's not something that's easily removed. It would take a vote of the states - 3/4 of them, to remove the 2nd, and that's simply not going to happen. I doubt you could even get to 50%.

No, my guess is that they've learned a lesson and will follow inline with what we're seeing in places like Oregon and Washington - tax gun owners, add fees, require expensive training - in short, make it so difficult to be a gun owner that many will just give up due to frustration, lack of funds or lack of time. They will find a way to legislate the ownership of guns out a piece at a time. No confiscation. No thugs at the door. Just gentle changes, common sense laws, and the gradual heating of the pot.

Honestly, I'd rather they come at it with a confiscation attempt. That would be blatant, obvious, and it would get people pissed in a hurry. They simply don't have the resources to come after the entire country. And are the anti-gunners going to help? How? They're not the ones with the guns ;) Hillary, if elected, does not represent anything close to a majority of Americans, I seriously doubt she'll have the kind of support she wants to believe she has.

I continue to look at places like CT and NY - to date, since passing their ridiculous gun laws, only about 10-15% of people are actually in compliance - meaning 85-90%, even in those areas of the NE that are not big on guns, are using the middle finger to send their legislators a message - we're here and we're not going anywhere. To date, neither state has gone on raids that I can find. And in LA, where they have a mandatory turn in of all "high-cap" magazines, as of the last check, not a single one, not one, has been turned in.
I "sold" all my high cap mags!!! Honest, I did. When my other home state also banned high cap mags, I sold them there too! Now the only high cap mags I have are in Orygun where I am no longer a resident!

I hate to repeat myself kids, but it's time to start burying guns, then it's time to consider using them...

I am not advocating for violence, but take it for what you will...

In addition to what @IheartSig said, I would add this - we have the 2nd amendment, something Australia didn't have, and that's not something that's easily removed. It would take a vote of the states - 3/4 of them, to remove the 2nd, and that's simply not going to happen. I doubt you could even get to 50%.

No, my guess is that they've learned a lesson and will follow inline with what we're seeing in places like Oregon and Washington - tax gun owners, add fees, require expensive training - in short, make it so difficult to be a gun owner that many will just give up due to frustration, lack of funds or lack of time. They will find a way to legislate the ownership of guns out a piece at a time. No confiscation. No thugs at the door. Just gentle changes, common sense laws, and the gradual heating of the pot.

Honestly, I'd rather they come at it with a confiscation attempt. That would be blatant, obvious, and it would get people pissed in a hurry. They simply don't have the resources to come after the entire country. And are the anti-gunners going to help? How? They're not the ones with the guns ;) Hillary, if elected, does not represent anything close to a majority of Americans, I seriously doubt she'll have the kind of support she wants to believe she has.

I continue to look at places like CT and NY - to date, since passing their ridiculous gun laws, only about 10-15% of people are actually in compliance - meaning 85-90%, even in those areas of the NE that are not big on guns, are using the middle finger to send their legislators a message - we're here and we're not going anywhere. To date, neither state has gone on raids that I can find. And in LA, where they have a mandatory turn in of all "high-cap" magazines, as of the last check, not a single one, not one, has been turned in.
I really, REALLY want to believe the above, but at this point I don't. I apparently didn't get much out of the Civics classes in high school, because I honestly don't understand the "3/4 of the states" comment above. Please, can someone tell me what this means? The way I understand it is that all it is going to take to "overturn" the 2nd amendment is a majority of justices in the Supreme Court that think the same way that the dissenting justices thought in Heller vs Washington DC. This is what scares me about this election. Once that happens, laws that infringe on the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms will be upheld and the 2nd will mean nothing. My mind is open, so please someone correct me, cuz I want to sleep better at night...

Also, where are your "85-90%" non-compliance numbers coming from? I want to believe this too, but question these numbers...

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top