JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
..Guess I'm getting a bit jaded after the last couple of election cycles, but with the next one coming up soon I had to ask. Anyone have any thoughts / insights on how or if it'll manifest this time around? I'll be ready for it this time. I went ahead & got the ammo, etc I'll need to get through the post election craziness so fortunately won't have to deal with empty shelves, rationing or insane prices.

I dunno if we will see a panic like there was after Sandy Hook ever again. Thing is I think most everybody learned. People went out and got what they wanted when things mellowed out. I doubt you will see people paying $100 for Pmags or $1/rd for 5.56 ball ammo any time soon.

That being said if Hillary gets elected you will see black rifles sell out, I still don't think you will see guys paying $1500 for $600 AR's

Unless another big shooting happens the next run on ammo, powder, primers and firearms will be pre election. Once its down to the final Dem and the final Rep. Ill say 2 months prior maybe three is when things start flying off the shelf. That may be calling it a little late, but I havent seen any panic chatter online yet.. We're still a ways away.

I agree that most folks I know are much better prepared than before and even most of my family that aren't avid gun folks seem to have an AR in the mix and ammo and mags to match.

They do not like being told by the government they do not need one and they say it's just in case of an emergency but they stop there as to what is an emergency.

Sales across the US have been steady and I do not see them going down until after the election and only if a republican gets in office. If Hillary starts to pull ahead and get the nomination I think there will be a small spike if she takes the election in November from the morning after the election on it will be panic city and the shelves will be empty from that day forward.

There could be a spike if another shooting happens but after San Bernardino there was just a small spike for a day or two and that was it so it would have to be something really devastating like multiple hits on the same day to do a Sandy Hook type spike.

Just my opinion.

Hard to predict for certain, but if Hillary gets in and manages to push through an anti-gun justice to the SCOTUS, I would expect that there will be another panic - maybe not severe, but long and drawn out over her entire term (or terms :(). So many people in this country seem to care so little for the 2nd amendment that they keep voting people like her into office. It's sick, but our own fellow citizens are dragging us there.

I still find it disappointing that of some 100,000,000 gun owners in the country, only about 5,000,000 belong to the NRA. Imagine the power that would exist to stop gun control laws. And with that many members, imagine what more they would actually be able to do in the states and not just in WA D.C.

But back to the panic, if you think it's coming, probably a good idea to go down and buy some new 10/22's for $200 - if there is a panic, you'll probably be able to sell them for $600+ ;)

Shortly after the last round of "Executive Actions" by the brothers Obama and Inslee, there was a short blast of buying. Stopped by my local firearms monger and he said one of his distributors was sold out of FN's and Walthers. Not that I was in the market, but just curious. My local dealer said he expects sales to be brisk throughout the year, but so far prices aren't getting ridiculous.
Regardless, there is nothing out there that I absolutely need or want.

If you find yourself caught up in panic buying it's your own damn fault.

Not that I will get caught up in panic buying, but its hardly my own fault that I cant buy the ammo I should (or at least would like) to buy now.

Its my wifes fault. I told her I needed $4000 to buy 10,000 rds of 5.56 while It was cheap....

She looked at me like i was insane, Said something about my shop burning down and me not having an income for the last 6 months..

Phffft... Yeah, what ever. None of that will matter if we elect a Democrat

:D

Hard to predict for certain, but if Hillary gets in and manages to push through an anti-gun justice to the SCOTUS, I would expect that there will be another panic - maybe not severe, but long and drawn out over her entire term (or terms :(). So many people in this country seem to care so little for the 2nd amendment that they keep voting people like her into office. It's sick, but our own fellow citizens are dragging us there.

I still find it disappointing that of some 100,000,000 gun owners in the country, only about 5,000,000 belong to the NRA. Imagine the power that would exist to stop gun control laws. And with that many members, imagine what more they would actually be able to do in the states and not just in WA D.C.

But back to the panic, if you think it's coming, probably a good idea to go down and buy some new 10/22's for $200 - if there is a panic, you'll probably be able to sell them for $600+ ;)

Here it is in bold red letters folks. There are so many (even here) that helps the idiocy to continue but yet they claim to be Pro-2A and content with writing the anti-gun politicians and asking them not to vote on certain bills!!!:mad::mad::mad:

I think this will be a ramping-up kind of run. The closer to November, the worse it will be. On my list right now: 9mm and 556 ammo and more mags. But not to load up and sell. I don't sell anything anymore.

I think more people will start early this time. There will likely be a crazy point closer to October. Maybe even as early as August.

As earlier stated. If she gets the nomination for the Democratic side, I can see it starting then.

I won't be stocking up in anticipation of screwing my fellow gun owners with panic pricing when the scare inevitably happens. I'm not really passing judgement on anyone else, but I won't do. Probably why my small business failed, I still have a moral compass.

Stepping down from my soapbox for a moment, it will take an awful lot for a sustained panic again. Sadly, we as a public are pretty numb to mass shootings since 20+ first graders were gunned down. If that didn't provoke mass change, it is hard to imagine what would. I expect a smaller, shorter spike in sales that the Obama I and II scares.

Hopefully, we aren't stupid enough to nominate someone bad enough to lose to Hillary...

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top