JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Judging by what it does to deer heads, a 22-250 would make a messy sniper rifle! 50gr and 3800 fps....

Mess is good if you are not only trying to disable, but to force the enemy to utilize personnel to care for their soldiers wounded on the battlefield. IDK the name of this doctrine but I'll take .338 and .45 instead.

I know of a man (dilbert) in my home area that decided to kill himself with a .223 varmint round to his chest... really messed himself up bad but lived thru it.

What's more bothersome is how "Decorated Veteran" is touted without qualification.
Our "sniper" was one and all he did was lay bricks and pound nails in the service.
I think these days, everyone is a "Decorated" unless they are dishonorably discharged.

Oh he was a decorated veteran. He decorated that whole interior of that building with his guts and body parts when that 3/4 of a pound of C4 went Kaboom!:D

Brutus out

I think the average distance for military snipers is also lower than we'd expect, right?

Isn't a sniper someone who shoots snipes? :)

That was the origin behind the name. Snipe, native to the Indian sub-continent, were a leisure game-bird much shot by off-duty officers of the British Army of the Raj. The sheer difficulty of collecting one of these small and fleeting targets made them a real challenge to shoot with a muzzle-loader or even percussion gun.

Even in your recent civil war they were called Sharpshooters, a term still used in German to denote what is these days is called a sniper.

tac

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads