JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Gentlemen, your feedback to this question would be much appreciated. When did the value for a used, trashy looking SKS start at 350+ bucks? I have seen them listed on the forum for over 700 dollars! This is a rifle that just a few years ago sold for 200 bucks everywhere. What is the deal? Is this what they are actually selling for?? Feedback please.

Many times, folks will take an SKS (or Mosin, or whatever) stick a plastic stock, an extended magazine and a scope mount on it and expect that someone else will pay exactly what they have into it. They are usually quite disappointed.

In this economy, unless its a really rare example or a documented bringback, they will go for much less than the $700 you are quoting. From what I've seen locally and nationally, rifles in original configuration like refurbished Russian SKSs are going for $350 to $400, Yugos and plain Jane Chinese for $200 to $250, Albanians for $300, etc. Some of the more exotic Chinese rifles like SKS Ds, Ms or the 'Hunters' can be seen to sell in the $500 to $600 range, maybe a little more. I picked up a nice Yugo M59/66 a few months back for $175.

Keith

I remember when they were $100 with a case of ammo included. I dont have a fondness for them, never did, and would own an AK before buying one. I guess if they can get someone to pay what they want for them more power to em but I would spend a little more to get an AK.

Big 5 usually has them cheap all day long all you need is a new stock if you want it to look good and a couple duckbill 30rounds and you got a cheap lil plinker for about 250, sold here today and today only for .....$550! lmao

Gentlemen, your feedback to this question would be much appreciated. When did the value for a used, trashy looking SKS start at 350+ bucks? I have seen them listed on the forum for over 700 dollars! This is a rifle that just a few years ago sold for 200 bucks everywhere. What is the deal? Is this what they are actually selling for?? Feedback please.

Well being an sks owner I'll tell you the simple answer. It's because you can buy a $100 "junk" sks or a $500 nice norinco or other like product out there. There's suttle differences, just like there is in the ar world. If you looked hard enough you can buy an ar for $700 new OR you can find one for $3000. They both will put lead down range though right? Doesn't mean they're the same.

I would like to test that, course I have an underfolder but its pretty accurate or at least I am with it.

Don't get butt hurt, it's just common knowledge. I even remember watching a documentary and kalishnakov (sp?) himself explained he knew it wasn't as accurate but it's rate of fire made up for it when compared to the sks and the other design that the russians were using. It was the show where he and Stoner were hanging out together talking guns.

I have shot an sks once it had a decent sporter stock, actually this guys west of the mountains deer rifle (bagged 10 as of that time). I thought it shot good, no hiccups or feed issues, and to tell you the truth if SHTF and had a choice between a AR (non gas piston) and this sks or better, would have to go commie on this one. I am biased a little I am totally sold on the mid to high level AK and the x39 round.

Is there a good site to find out the value of them since they seem to vary so widely?
My grandpa left us a Russian SKS he got way back when he was a FFL in the sealed box. I assume these are all factory refurbished guns? Probably slathered in cosmoline.

Oh so sorry forgot the SKS is the best gun ever made my bad!

See, this is where the net sucks. I never once in my life ever tried to suggest the sks is the best gun ever made, but by me simply stating a known fact you're now blowing everything totally out of whack. Well, enjoy your drama land on your own because I wont join in. Later.

i usually go market value on this forum to decide "going market price" or gunbroker and take off 10% to 15%... because value is different. sks's give you a lot of value, especially when they sold for a hundred or two. i sold my 20'' norinco w/ two tapco 20 rounders and original 10 for $230 not long ago. plus it had an after market stock (i feel it lowers the incentive to buy) it sold fast. guy wanted it for a bullpup project.

i think they are pretty accurate. my norinco sporter couldn't outshoot my vector arms ak47 but will out shoot a crappy ak. they have a super simple and rugged design that is hard to beat.now only if someone would make a trigger group that moves the trigger directly behind the mag release then she'd be perfect...

Many times, folks will take an SKS (or Mosin, or whatever) stick a plastic stock, an extended magazine and a scope mount on it and expect that someone else will pay exactly what they have into it. They are usually quite disappointed.Keith

i see this a lot too. personally i look for bare bones deals and steals so i dont even look at ones that have been invested in. people do this with cars and bikes. i dont want to pay more for your item because of the tacti tacki shiny do dad you put on it. i rather pick and buy my own do dads

Big 5 usually has them cheap all day long all you need is a new stock if you want it to look good and a couple duckbill 30rounds and you got a cheap lil plinker for about 250, sold here today and today only for .....$550! lmao

I was in Big 5 just last week. Can you say $499??? That's what they wanted for the SKS.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top