JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It really depends on what you plan to use them for.
I like to use them to transport to and from the range to avoid dings and scratches from transporting. I NEVER use them to store firearms. (Ask me how I know!)
We use the socks when putting the orange guns into the bulk case for Hunters ed. Once again to help protect. But if it was wet we dry and do not put in socks. Socks are a good way to get rust and trap moisture.

they have their place but just be aware of the drawbacks as well.

I've used them off and on , especially for loose shotgun barrels. Seem to help some, but it's wise to check on things a couple times per year.

I grab these every time I see em . They are great for blued steel.
I_0017515_H__83247.png

I've been extremely happy with Bore Stores. And I live a block from the ocean. They're easy to get guns in and out of too. But I also make a point to give my guns a generous coat of Renaissance Wax before they go in.

I like 'em.
As noted above...they do help in preventing stock rash.
And yes they can trap moisture.
However.....

If...you clean and dry your firearm and use a light coating of RIG gun grease or the like....
Then moisture generally ain't a problem when using gun socks for long term storage.
Andy

I'm in Michigan.
We have a stoopid law that long guns must be in a "case" when transported in, or ON, a vehicle.
The courts have declined to define "case", therefore we have Michigan Cases...cardboard box, old bed sheet, Saran Wrap....what-ever. Makes a "case".
I keep a gun-sock handy for the sudden sale deals, or transport, or what-not.

Joe

I have used them for transport back and forth from the field, in lieu of a soft case, and they work great for me. Also had a shotgun stored in one for an extended period (6+ months) without any issues with rusting.

Most of my firearms are kept in one in the safe. They help prevent safe rash and seem to work well at preventing corrosion due to less than ideal safe conditions.

Make sure they're silicone treated. Untreated socks can trap moisture and accelerate corrosion.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top