JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
EDIT: Cheesecake Factory has apologized to the Officers and they are welcome to come in armed. Now, about the rest of us with a CHL...

Yes, uniformed State Corrections Officers were thrown out of the newly opened Tacoma Cheesecake Factory for being armed. Yes, it's the restaurants right to refuse service to anyone for any reason (unless you are baking a cake, but that's another story). Yes, it's also our right to not patronize them and let them and their corporate office know why.

Corrections officers told to leave eatery—for carrying guns

The Tacoma Cheesecake Factory can be contacted here (just search for Tacoma): The Cheesecake Factory Locations

Cheesecake Factory Corporate can be contacted through this form: Contact Us

Make sure you thank them for treating the officers you put their lives on the line for them every day in such a despicable manner as well as endangering the safety of themselves and their customers.

I love their food, but I'm done with them until the officers get an apology.

Last Edited:
I'll go one step up and say dont eat at any corporate restaurant. ugh. Cheesecake's CEO makes $1.8 million a year and their cooks make $22,000 a year. There are so many good, privately owned restaurants. Support them instead

Last Edited:
:)They should have been able to arrest the manager for being felony stupid (apparently a prime requirement to become a Cheesecake Factory manager).;)

Everyone involved with harassing these officers should be tossed out and the incompetent clowns that trained them too. This is simply a case of poor hiring practices...putting intelligence and ability to think way too far down the list of qualifications.

I've been to one once, The cooks are being paid about what they are worth...
...the CEO is paid way, way, way too much!

Upper management did apologize and stated that uniformed LEO are exempted from their no firearms allowed policy. This means that I am not welcome as a private citizen with a CHL. So, my business will go elsewhere.

Very stupid on the part of the CF's management. I will boycott the place on general principles.

HOWEVER,

It's rather amusing to see cops get treated like the rest of us and not like the gummint special snowflakes as they see themselves.

Shiny badges and special costumes do not convey special rights.

N.B. You can bet Lars Larson and the rest of the Kop-Kissers Klub will lose their freakin' minds over this today.

The rest (of us) simply chuckle quietly.

Last Edited:
Upper management did apologize and stated that uniformed LEO are exempted from their no firearms allowed policy. This means that I am not welcome as a private citizen with a CHL. So, my business will go elsewhere.

Some of the comments about the incident are astounding to me...one chick stated that if they were on break that they should have disarmed since it makes them uncomfortable.

When did we become a society that changes who does what and where because it upsets others? Seriously...WHO CARES IF YOU CARE?!

It's rather amusing to see cops get treated like the rest of us and not like the gummint special snowflakes as they see themselves.

Shiny badges and special costumes do not convey special rights.

Police and military will ALWAYS be treated as special by me. "gummint special snowflakes"?

Geezuz. :(

I am not sympathetic for the cops, (or any other public servant) just, for the sake of them being cops (or any other public servant). They're not as elite as they think. It's nice to have them experience what the rest of us commoners experience.

But I am sympathetic to anyone, including cops, (or any other public servant) whose rights are not respected.

WAYNO.

Last Edited:
Private business, their choice.

Maybe in poor taste but their right

I am not sympathetic for the cops just, for the sake of them being cops. They're not as elite as they think. It's nice to have them experience what the rest of us commoners experience.

But I am sympathetic to anyone, including cops, whose rights are not respected.

WAYNO.

Just FYI they weren't cops....they were on-duty Community Corrections Officers (aka "Parole Officers").

Community Corrections Officers have very limited arrest powers...you can basically be smoking meth in front of them with your girlfriend having a black eye sitting on the couch and all they can do is recommend your community supervision be revoked and you be readmitted into prison...which the state of Washington can (and will often) deny and state to annotate the observation for future reference.

:eek:

The gun on their hip is to protect them from the crazy, unstable individuals they often have to visit that choose to attack them instead of cooperate with their conditions of supervision...but I digress...my main point is that they're not commissioned peace officers and the state will constantly remind them of that.

Just FYI they weren't cops....they were on-duty Community Corrections Officers (aka "Parole Officers").

Community Corrections Officers have very limited arrest powers...you can basically be smoking meth in front of them with your girlfriend having a black eye sitting on the couch and all they can do is recommend your community supervision be revoked and you be readmitted into prison...which the state of Washington can (and will often) deny and state to annotate the observation for future reference.

:eek:

The gun on their hip is to protect them from the crazy, unstable individuals they often have to visit that choose to attack them instead of cooperate with their conditions of supervision...but I digress...my main point is that they're not commissioned peace officers and the state will constantly remind them of that.

Unfortunately, I can't change the title to reflect that - hoping a moderator like @Kruejl can change State Troopers to Corrections Officers

That story pissed me off as well. I would feel much knowing there's an armed officer around. Sends a clear message to the bad guys. Poopoo CCF. 9 bucks a slice anyways. That's 50 rounds of nine.:)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top