JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
– Owners have to PROVE that they owned the magazines before the ban, which is impossible

Not really. I'm OCD :confused:

Testimony is evidence. " I remember buying all of my magazines before the ban."

Also, many people buy their mags online which means email order confirmations.

The only comment lol:

"
Thanks for that. Message sent, ropes soaking in oil as I write…

Sorry bubbleguming pieces of bubblegum can't do their damn jobs, but they sure as hell can take the time to turn me into a criminal for exercising my constitutional rights. One of these days, there are going to be a lot of politicians getting a wake-up call, and the call is going to involve rope, a tree, and a personal invitation to participate in a bit of performance art intended to highlight the true nature of the relationship between the citizen and legislator."

I've read more than once, people tossing receipts, paperwork and what have you.
To each their own. My records would make a librarian moist.

s-Obey-Gun-Laws-Like-Politicians-Follow-Their-Oath.png

I don't understand... if they truly believe in the power of laws, then nobody will have illegal magazines anymore. They will no longer exist so why should you have to prove anything?

I don't keep every reciept from every $10 purchase I've ever made. Not many people do.

There is no guarantee it will pass. If it does, it contains terrible aspects such as requiring the grandfathered magazines to be unloaded when in transit from your house to the range. Cannot take them to the mountains to shoot. If you get in an accident and the police are inventorying the car before having it towed and there is a loaded 18 round Sig magazine in your car, you could be charged.
Write your representatives again today.

Registration of any kind is not prevention. Everything from pedophiles to automobiles are registered and they all are continuously used in criminal activity.

Registration of any kind never comes with a guarantee to eliminate said problem. The only guarantee registration comes with is abuse of power. Some nobody will try to become a somebody at our expense.

– Owners have to PROVE that they owned the magazines before the ban, which is impossible

Not really. I'm OCD :confused:

Seems like an unConstitutional Burden shift. The 4th and 5th Amendments grant property rights and due process including a presumption of INNOCENCE until proven guilty, and bar any obligation of testifying against oneself.

So by assuming the mags are illegal and requiring proof they are not shifts the burden.

By analogy, the cops find a dead body and force you to prove you didn't kill the person.:rolleyes::eek:

But let's assume they pass it. All you would presumably have to do is say, "I bought them before the ban." Or someone else (or a hand written receipt) introduced dated or proving the mags were transferred before the ban. That is exonerating evidence, and evidence a fact finder would have to accept.

I can't find everything in my house, how are they:rolleyes:

Oh, yea... they won't be going door to door and I'm not going to take 100 mags to the range with me so I don't see an issue either way other then it's a shiesty move that will just create more red tape.

Back when weed was totally illegal it seemed that people still got ahold of it somehow.

These politicians are morons.

Registration of any kind is not prevention. Everything from pedophiles to automobiles are registered and they all are continuously used in criminal activity.
Just because I like to argue with dopes, here are a couple of starting points for you to do the same and play Stump The Autobot:
Canada has admitted that their registration scheme has not assisted in the apprehension or conviction of a single murder. Not one. Not ever. 0.0

"You dont object to registering your car and/or dog, why do you object to registering your gun?"
A) Cars and dogs are not specifically mentioned in the BOR. "Arms" are, and that includes firearms.
B) You assume that I don't object to registering my car and/or dog... maybe I do. (I do)
C) Automobile registration fees are applied to road maintenance. What, exactly, will gun registration fees be applied to? Building more public ranges? Nope. "Studies" on gun-violence prevention? Probably. And they will echo the previously debunked junk science "studies" and come to another easily debunked conclusion which will be easily debunked but used by politicians and the media to advance their disarmament agenda.
D) Registration leads to confiscation is not just bumper sticker sloganeering, it's been proven EVERY time. Every... freakin'... time. It has about the same consistency ratio as a sick person sneezing into your open mouth... pretty close to 100% and just as gross.

Last Edited:
^^^ Yes, and importantly, turn the question around and ask "how specifically does registration satisfy or meet the stated intent of public safety?"

Anyone who knows anything about guns knows it doesn't.

Unlike cars, where serial numbers are impregnated on many parts, making crime solving easier, gun serial numbers aren't linked to bullets. And ballistics matching is not imperfect because barrels and firing pins can be altered or replaced easily. And gun serial numbers can be removed, or guns can easily be disassembled and destroyed or disposed if used in a crime. Registration does nothing to help public safety.

Proposals for microstamping have failed for many reasons, among which is cost prohibitive. Gun powder taggents have been abandoned for similar reasons. I believe the ATF abandoned explosive taggants requirement because they aren't cost effective.

The biggest danger has been noted, in that it is historically true in every case that registration quickly leads to bans, turn ins, prohibitions, confiscation, and serious criminal penalties for noncompliance. This has happened globally and nationally with scores of examples in the last century.

Registration ACTUALLY makes the public less safe. They are ultimately disarmed and oppressed by governments. That oppression comes in higher taxation, less liberty, and in the worst case scenarios pillaging, rape, torture, slavery, work camps, theft of property, extrajudicial killings, genocides, etc.

Tens of millions of humans suffered "registration" followed by being disarmed and ultimately suffered and many died in just the last 100 or so years at the hands of their governments promising to make them safer. No thank you.

In politico vision, even though I am not as claimed, I was, am, and will be an outlaw.
And yet, those who do not follow the law are?

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews