JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not sure what your gripe is. If you're mandated to wear protective gear and equipment, why would you take it off regardless of where you are? They cant leave thousands of dollars of stuff sitting in the car. If they wear anything that identifies them as LE, they should be wearing their gear. If you need it and don't have it because you dont want to upset people, your world is about to suck. There is also the part where your family can be denied life insurance because you chose not to wear your equipment.

Yes, GREAT idea. Take the gear off in the mall parking lot in front of 100's of people. Now what could possibly go wrong there? :confused:

Take your business elsewhere. Farg the business that doesn't want you to be armed, wear your uniform, etc. Let other law abiding citizens (using half their brain) know. Watch their revenues dry up.

Oh, well.

Just FYI they weren't cops....they were on-duty Community Corrections Officers (aka "Parole Officers").

Community Corrections Officers have very limited arrest powers...you can basically be smoking meth in front of them with your girlfriend having a black eye sitting on the couch and all they can do is recommend your community supervision be revoked and you be readmitted into prison...which the state of Washington can (and will often) deny and state to annotate the observation for future reference.

:eek:

The gun on their hip is to protect them from the crazy, unstable individuals they often have to visit that choose to attack them instead of cooperate with their conditions of supervision...but I digress...my main point is that they're not commissioned peace officers and the state will constantly remind them of that.

Based on the way you described this situation, I assume the individual smoking the meth is on supervision. With that being said, you're completely wrong. As No Regerts stated, CCOs in WA State have arrest and charge referral powers. Being a limited Authority doesn't place CCOs in some basement level of peace officer existence. As you eluded to, these people almost exclusively work with high risk/violent individuals, who are often times in very poor mental health. Sure, a street cop deals with many variables and unknowns throughout the day, but so do CCOs. Conducting home visits on drugs users/sellers, sexually violent predictors, and grade A assh***s comes with its fair share of risks.

It doesn't come off as very intelligent with you downplay one of the more dangerous jobs in public service. These folks are covered by the state's laws regarding LEOs, and it's for good reason. The state of Washington has placed much more responsibility on the shoulders of its CCOs, than most states, and the lack of a full commission is sad.

Based on the way you described this situation, I assume the individual smoking the meth is on supervision. With that being said, you're completely wrong. As No Regerts stated, CCOs in WA State have arrest and charge referral powers. Being a limited Authority doesn't place CCOs in some basement level of peace officer existence. As you eluded to, these people almost exclusively work with high risk/violent individuals, who are often times in very poor mental health. Sure, a street cop deals with many variables and unknowns throughout the day, but so do CCOs. Conducting home visits on drugs users/sellers, sexually violent predictors, and grade A assh***s comes with its fair share of risks.

It doesn't come off as very intelligent with you downplay one of the more dangerous jobs in public service. These folks are covered by the state's laws regarding LEOs, and it's for good reason. The state of Washington has placed much more responsibility on the shoulders of its CCOs, than most states, and the lack of a full commission is sad.

I can name you specific incidents to where individuals on supervision committed multiple, even repeated, crimes and admitted to the CCOs of said crimes and were still released on their own recognizance...

I can name you specific incidents to where individuals on supervision committed multiple, even repeated, crimes and admitted to the CCOs of said crimes and were still released on their own recognizance...

I'm certainly not saying all CCOs are good at their job, nor are their supervisors. The same can be said for every agency in this country.

I'm certainly not saying all CCOs are good at their job, nor are their supervisors. The same can be said for every agency in this country.

Sorry that came out wrong...the CCOs recommended them to be committed or have their release denied and their recommendation was overturned. I've seen guys on DOC's Most Wanted and after they were scooped up they were released again.

Maurice Clemmons (the guy that killed the 4 Lakewood PD officers in 2009) was already under DOC supervision when he was arrested for charges of child rape...he made bail...jumped bail and even cut off the ankle monitor the bond agency placed on him days before shooting the officers.

There's one former customer I still follow from time to time after he was released in 2012. After being released to live homeless, he's continued to get into a mess of trouble...everything from violating his "No Contact Order" to continuously use narcotics and refuse to report to his community supervision.

He currently has seventeen incidents of "Failing to Report" since his release...he has another five from his last incarceration.

He's violent...he stabbed a random guy while homeless a while back and has assaulted custody staff before...guess where he is now? Somewhere running around in the Grey Harbor area...with another warrant out for his arrest.

Last Edited:
Sorry that came out wrong...the CCOs recommended them to be committed or have their release denied and their recommendation was overturned. I've seen guys on DOC's Most Wanted and after they were scooped up they were released again.

Maurice Clemmons (the guy that killed the 4 Lakewood PD officers in 2009) was already under DOC supervision when he was arrested for charges of child rape...he made bail...jumped bail and even cut off the ankle monitor the bond agency placed on him days before shooting the officers.

There's one former customer I still follow from time to time after he was released in 2012. After being released to live homeless, he's continued to get into a mess of trouble...everything from violating his "No Contact Order" to continuously use narcotics and refuse to report to his community supervision.

He currently has seventeen incidents of "Failing to Report" since his release...he has another five from his last incarceration.

He's violent...he stabbed a random guy while homeless a while back and has assaulted custody staff before...guess where he is now? Somewhere running around in the Grey Harbor area...with another warrant out for his arrest.

Yet the battle continues between the forces of good and evil. Do what you can and let the courts screw it up.

Yet the battle continues between the forces of good and evil. Do what you can and let the courts screw it up.

But the bad thing about that is many people screw this up...and mostly people that get paid way more than you or I...when the WA State AG's office said they didn't care about incarcerated offenders being released too early because of a good time calculation error I was pretty floored.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top