JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey now, I've got a pretty healthy BMI and ride a bike without tights (don't wanna see this in tights) and I'm not a meth-head... Just not prepared to sport bike shorts yet...

I find the cushion in the bottom of my spandex bike pants is very comfortable for long bike rides so I wear them. I am not a meth-head either. Even have waterproof rain pants for biking as well. I have not biked past early November and usually start biking again in late February or early March.

Years ago I was a long distance runner, 10/15 miles per outing. Never wore running shorts or dedicated running clothing, except I did buy high qauity running shoes.

Once, I transitioned to long distance cycling, no way was I going to wear tights or spandex or cycling shorts or tops of any kind. Not for me. Me, in a spandex uniform? No way.

Also, always ride alone. I do occasionally encounter big groups of spandex-ed to the max cyclists. All looking like Tour De France participants. All talking a hundred miles an hour to each other. Again, not for me.

I value my own down to earth look and solitude.

I smell the flowers along the way and notice all sorts of wildlife I wouldn't if I was part of a group.

Anyone hooked on meth I feel sorry for. Another thing not for me.

Years ago I was a long distance runner, 10/15 miles per outing. Never wore running shorts or dedicated running clothing, except I did buy high qauity running shoes.

Once, I transitioned to long distance cycling, no way was I going to wear tights or spandex or cycling shorts or tops of any kind. Not for me. Me, in a spandex uniform? No way.

Also, always ride alone. I do occasionally encounter big groups of spandex-ed to the max cyclists. All looking like Tour De France participants. All talking a hundred miles an hour to each other. Again, not for me.

I value my own down to earth look and solitude.

I smell the flowers along the way and notice all sorts of wildlife I wouldn't if I was part of a group.

Anyone hooked on meth I feel sorry for. Another thing not for me.

With the abundance of education on what it does to you, I have next to zero pity for methheads...

BTW.... Yeah, don't be these guys... :D

With the abundance of education on what it does to you, I have next to zero pity for methheads...

SIR I believe that the correct non-offensive way to phrase that is "Methican Americans".

BTW, I'm on my way to ride my bike to the gym, I'm gonna look like a Methican American and 'll have a 3lb bag as well. Hope I don't see any deer come flying my way, that looked brutal.

Here are a couple things I try to do but don't see mentioned often:
  • Remember that it is not just a 360 degree "battlefield", it is a 3-dimensional, 360 degree battlefield. Remember to look up as well as out. This is not typically important for just walking down the street, but it is if you are at a large gathering such as a concert, parade, or political gathering.
  • If I am walking with my back to the sun and my shadow is out in front of me, when I pass someone on the sidewalk going the opposite direction I watch their shadow after they have passed to be sure it disappears rather than doing a u-turn!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top