JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey now, I've got a pretty healthy BMI and ride a bike without tights (don't wanna see this in tights) and I'm not a meth-head... Just not prepared to sport bike shorts yet...

I find the cushion in the bottom of my spandex bike pants is very comfortable for long bike rides so I wear them. I am not a meth-head either. Even have waterproof rain pants for biking as well. I have not biked past early November and usually start biking again in late February or early March.

Years ago I was a long distance runner, 10/15 miles per outing. Never wore running shorts or dedicated running clothing, except I did buy high qauity running shoes.

Once, I transitioned to long distance cycling, no way was I going to wear tights or spandex or cycling shorts or tops of any kind. Not for me. Me, in a spandex uniform? No way.

Also, always ride alone. I do occasionally encounter big groups of spandex-ed to the max cyclists. All looking like Tour De France participants. All talking a hundred miles an hour to each other. Again, not for me.

I value my own down to earth look and solitude.

I smell the flowers along the way and notice all sorts of wildlife I wouldn't if I was part of a group.

Anyone hooked on meth I feel sorry for. Another thing not for me.

Years ago I was a long distance runner, 10/15 miles per outing. Never wore running shorts or dedicated running clothing, except I did buy high qauity running shoes.

Once, I transitioned to long distance cycling, no way was I going to wear tights or spandex or cycling shorts or tops of any kind. Not for me. Me, in a spandex uniform? No way.

Also, always ride alone. I do occasionally encounter big groups of spandex-ed to the max cyclists. All looking like Tour De France participants. All talking a hundred miles an hour to each other. Again, not for me.

I value my own down to earth look and solitude.

I smell the flowers along the way and notice all sorts of wildlife I wouldn't if I was part of a group.

Anyone hooked on meth I feel sorry for. Another thing not for me.

With the abundance of education on what it does to you, I have next to zero pity for methheads...

BTW.... Yeah, don't be these guys... :D

With the abundance of education on what it does to you, I have next to zero pity for methheads...

SIR I believe that the correct non-offensive way to phrase that is "Methican Americans".

BTW, I'm on my way to ride my bike to the gym, I'm gonna look like a Methican American and 'll have a 3lb bag as well. Hope I don't see any deer come flying my way, that looked brutal.

Here are a couple things I try to do but don't see mentioned often:
  • Remember that it is not just a 360 degree "battlefield", it is a 3-dimensional, 360 degree battlefield. Remember to look up as well as out. This is not typically important for just walking down the street, but it is if you are at a large gathering such as a concert, parade, or political gathering.
  • If I am walking with my back to the sun and my shadow is out in front of me, when I pass someone on the sidewalk going the opposite direction I watch their shadow after they have passed to be sure it disappears rather than doing a u-turn!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top