JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just do it, you won't regret the purchase. Double stack, da/sa Sig pistols are reliable and accurate. Popped my cherry on an M11-A1, so impressed with it, it became my edc.

D197C7E2-C6EC-4AD7-A148-E297C6726F18.jpeg

Had one years ago, was one of the older models probably from the 80s marked "Made in W. Germany". Sold it to one of my best friends who still has it. I replaced it with a P228 that I still have.

The 226 was among the best 9mms I have owned, which is quite a few. It always shot well for me. I would buy another without hesitation.

The classic Sig P series is top shelf. A must have for any collection. There is a reason the Navy SEALS and other global military and police used these designs for decades.

If you like hammer fired guns, it doesn't get much better and the only equivalent competitors would be CZ75 and HK USP in my view.

If you like striker fired guns, take a good test drive on a Sig DAK model. I absolutely love the DAK trigger system and don't understand why it's not more popular. It seems to be the best of both worlds combining the safety of hammers but the trigger similarities of a striker.

In no particular order, Leadcounsel's list of best semi-auto pistol designs ever (based on combination of overall design and function, durability, reliability, innovation, ergos, controls, aesthetics, adopted by professionals globally, and being copied by others):
*Classic Sig P series (P220, P226, P229)
*Classic Glock series (G17-G35 or so)
*HK USP series
* CZ75 series
* Walther P99 variants
* Browning High Power which really did influence many of these and must be recognized.

No collection is complete without samples of each.

Last Edited:
I'm a fan of hammer fired Sig pistols. I've only owned the DA/SA variety. Each one I buy gets an SRT kit and an 18# hammer spring. Sigs are REALLY over-sprung and it makes the DA trigger pull a bit heavier than I would like.

Great gun. For me, they are very accurate. I shot our department PPC with a P226 and scored 500 out of 500 with all head shots, out to 25 yards.

If you find a good price, jump on it. They're pretty darn good. My p226 is my backpack/beat up gun because it already has its bumps and bruises from being a trade in. It'll eat steel, aluminum, brass, flat point, hollow point, round nose, anything. Controls suck for a lefty but I've worked around them as I often have to

Wrong person to ask. :D

My 226 (Mk25) vies with my 227 for being my favorite SIG - but then, I have ten of them, so like I said - I am the wrong person to ask.
Ten Sig's?? And I thought I had a brand trend with 9 Glocks of different flavors. Do you have any repeats? I'm remembering now you have a p224 I'm jealous of

The classic Sig P series is top shelf. A must have for any collection
Agree. My 229 is my all time favorite of ANY 9mm of any design I've ever shot, including the P35 of some many wars ago....

And 229 easily swaps barrel/slide between 9/40/22 if you wish conversion units. Swap takes all of 60 seconds without tools.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top