JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If it says West German on the slide then yes, otherwise anything coming out of SIG USA is garbage.
Total B.S. Ive owned 20 or so P series over the years and have several now. Never had a lick of trouble except for one German P6 that wouldn't feed hollow points no matter how many parts I bought to fix the problem.All my us made SIG rifles have been top runners.

Last Edited:
LOL

Over the last 20 years Sig has destroyed the reputation of once of the top arms companies in the world.

I can give you about 500 examples, and anyone who says otherwise is just ignorant to history and actually running these guns.

Everything from terrible Manufacturing, QC, Product Support, Terrible Warranty Service , Using Customers as beta testers and Charging premium prices for Taurus quality.

Now they learned they can just buy off politicians and Flag officers to get the gov to buy their trash.

The quickest way to learn someone doesn't know jack about firearms, is them pushing sig products. Well that and XD pistols.

LOL

Over the last 20 years Sig has destroyed the reputation of once of the top arms companies in the world.

I can give you about 500 examples, and anyone who says otherwise is just ignorant to history and actually running these guns.

Everything from terrible Manufacturing, QC, Product Support, Terrible Warranty Service , Using Customers as beta testers and Charging premium prices for Taurus quality.

Now they learned they can just buy off politicians and Flag officers to get the gov to buy their trash.

The quickest way to learn someone doesn't know jack about firearms, is them pushing sig products. Well that and XD pistols.
Ok, give me 17 specific examples. Since you could do 500, this should be easy.

Tell us more about how you really feel :rolleyes:

This is a 12 round group from my P226 in 40. You won't be disappointed.

C3B3514E-396B-41F1-96D2-30F69DB76B24.jpeg 4DF6FC07-9C6A-4A58-AC58-953FCED088DD.jpeg

2020 German Sig Catalog.

But Sig USA pizzed in Sig Germany's Wheaties and now they no longer import their guns here.

My understanding is, that like many other manufacturers, SIG produces guns and/or at least some gun parts, in the USA to get around US gun laws on importing guns, and to be able to sell US made guns to LEOs and the military.

I have SIGs that say made in Exeter, NH and some that say made in W. Germany on certain parts. I see no real difference in the quality of either. YMMV, but I like all of my SIGs.

I've never owned one, but want to. Recently I ran through a test of more than a dozen full size automatics (rentals) at my range, and the P226 was the only gun that was as enjoyable to shoot (feel, recoil, controls) as my Beretta 92. I probably prefer the Beretta overall, but only because I use that operating system almost exclusively (SA/DA, slide mounted decocker/safety). The Sig is similar though, just with a frame mounted decocker.

That must be one of those German made sigs, because a USA Sig wouldn't even hit the paper.

Mine is made in Exeter, New Hampshire. It has an aftermarket adjustable rear night sight. The group was shot at 35ft with my 180gr reloads. It's been stellar accurate from the day I bought it second hand off this website. I was plinking shotgun shells at 40 yards up in the hills, no problem. I guess I got lucky with this one.

Well, there goes "Made In The USA"
The US is behind in certain fields. AK's, Sport Optics manufacturing, ect. Doesn't mean we aren't capable it just means no one has done it right yet.

Sig took a great brand and started importing German and Swiss Guns, Then they decided to make their own and cut costs.

Its no Secret Ron Cohen, after he absolutely destroyed Kimber's reputation and quality, went on to do the same with Sig.

Sig US makes strait garbage

The US is behind in certain fields. AK's, Sport Optics manufacturing, ect. Doesn't mean we aren't capable it just means no one has done it right yet.

Sig took a great brand and started importing German and Swiss Guns, Then they decided to make their own and cut costs.

Its no Secret Ron Cohen, after he absolutely destroyed Kimber's reputation and quality, went on to do the same with Sig.

Sig US makes strait garbage
I am so disappointed in my fellow countryman now. We put men on the moon and now we can't build an AK, a Sig or a Glock now. Bummer x10

Last Edited:
Its hilarious when people spout anecdotal evidence and their once offs, ignoring the complete body of work and a massive same size.

Ask any Respected gunsmith or Gun guru who has been balls deep in this game for 20+ years and they will tell you exactly what I will.

The exception doesn't make the rule. If 60% of the guns they make are good to go, that just means you were either Lucky, don't shoot enough to notice or aren't in tune with your equipment to know the difference.

There is a reason gun collectors don't buy US sigs, for the same reason Kimber is considered trash in the 1911 world. Go over to 10-8 forums and maybe you will learn something from people who actually know what they are talking about.

This is the problem with the gun community. Its no different than society with over half of the population being on the left side of the bell curve. Everyone thinks their opinion is equal, when its not. Its like some high school kid arguing with someone with a PHD is in the subject matter.

Sig has used the same template for 20 Years:
Rush a product to Market
Cut costs anywhere possible
Use their customers as beta testers
When the product inevitably is not salvageable, discounting it and stop supporting it.
New revisions and versions are purposely not backwards compatible so you have to buy all new accessories and mags.
Come out with 50 different versions of the same product. Name the same junk Scorpion , Legion or whatever and charge a premium for the SAME product.
Outsource parts to 3rd world countries who don't have indoor plumbing wherever possible.
Spend more money on marketing and paid reviews than actual R&D and customer support and warranty service (Just like Kimber)

You don't s

I am so disappointed in my fellow countryman now. We put men on the moon and now we can't build an AK, a Sig or a Glock now. Bummer x10
Has nothing to do with it.

US Doesn't have 70 years of AK industrial knowledge and base. The forgeries and setups would costs millions to reproduce here and they are just not financially viable, especially when the USSR basically subsidized these industries in every comblock country back in the day. There are some quality AK builders in the US< but you are looking around $2,000 for one built right, and that's with quality parts. The baseline for an AK is either a Bulgarian or Saiga from Arsenal and they are at $1K. There is substantial work that has to be done correctly to get them to run right because they have to be imported with single stack mags. Its a matter of economics.

Sig, already explained why. Go check out the price difference between a west German or 226/228 and US made one. The market doesn't lie. Same for the Swiss guns.

Glocks are Made in the US. We still import some from Austria but the vast majority are now made in Georgia.

Its hilarious when people spout anecdotal evidence and their once offs, ignoring the complete body of work and a massive same size.

Ask any Respected gunsmith or Gun guru who has been balls deep in this game for 20+ years and they will tell you exactly what I will.

The exception doesn't make the rule. If 60% of the guns they make are good to go, that just means you were either Lucky, don't shoot enough to notice or aren't in tune with your equipment to know the difference.

There is a reason gun collectors don't buy US sigs, for the same reason Kimber is considered trash in the 1911 world. Go over to 10-8 forums and maybe you will learn something from people who actually know what they are talking about.

This is the problem with the gun community. Its no different than society with over half of the population being on the left side of the bell curve. Everyone thinks their opinion is equal, when its not. Its like some high school kid arguing with someone with a PHD is in the subject matter.

Sig has used the same template for 20 Years:
Rush a product to Market
Cut costs anywhere possible
Use their customers as beta testers
When the product inevitably is not salvageable, discounting it and stop supporting it.
New revisions and versions are purposely not backwards compatible so you have to buy all new accessories and mags.
Come out with 50 different versions of the same product. Name the same junk Scorpion , Legion or whatever and charge a premium for the SAME product.
Outsource parts to 3rd world countries who don't have indoor plumbing wherever possible.
Spend more money on marketing and paid reviews than actual R&D and customer support and warranty service (Just like Kimber)
In other words, a typical manufacturer.

In other words, a typical manufacturer.
Not at all.

Quality Companies never do this

KAC, Colt, BCM, H&K, Glock (despite the G4 fiasco), Aimpoint, Geissle, Beretta, Sako/Tikka, AI , FN (their pistols suck but not due to quality or reliability),ect

Plenty of companies out there do it right.

Sig, Springfield, Taurus , S&W , Remington, Rest of Freedom Group/Cerebus/ Kimber, ect not so much.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top