JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks,
Ya its a hammer.
I load em up with reloader 17 and running them at 3020 fps no pressure signs at all.
Have not had any issues with temp variances like some claim to have with rl17 but thats just me.

Thanks,
Ya its a hammer.
I load em up with reloader 17 and running them at 3020 fps no pressure signs at all.
Have not had any issues with temp variances like some claim to have with rl17 but thats just me.

Right on. I've had a few 300 WSM's and they have all shot very well. I used to use an FN PBR XP in the Deschutes canyons. Shots ranging from 600 to 700 yards and the 300 put them down... RL17 and H4350 powder really shines in this cartridge.

WOW!! It MUSTA been REALLY cold, your rifle turned BLUE! :eek:

It was damn cold. Ha ha. My buddies mustache was an icicle and about 3 inches longer by the time we got the bull to the truck. The thermometer in the truck said this:

DSC00115_zpsd0a69759.jpg

No apples, all hike in public land hunts.

Since All I do is hunt the timber, it is the perfect gun. I used to use big belted magnum's shooting 225-250 gr bullets at 3000 fps. I would lung a bull at 40-80 yards and the bullet would punch right through them, the elk would take off like he was not even hit. Only way to slow them down was to shoot um through the front shoulder.
Once I went to the 45/70 for all my timber needs, it has been a eye opener. 400 gr slug at 1800 fps flat out floor's um! You double lug um and it knocks them to the ground at the same time knocks all the wind out of um.

No apples, all hike in public land hunts.
(where's the 'right over your head':eek: smiley?)
The elk has his tongue hanging out?Like it was drunk?:confused:
I tried to make a funny:oops:
;)
I used a muzzle loader last year. A local,well a transplant from Portland,was shooting at the range and said his 440 grain thumpers out of his 50cal. drops them NOW
I used 405 grains and that did the same thing

I don't have an elk rifle.

Mostly because I've been dry the last three seasons I've gone.
My only three seasons elk hunting.

But I use a Remington 700 VTR in .308. I usually use Fusion ammo.
I just put it in a Magpul hunter stock and ordered a Timney trigger. So hopefully that will give me some luck this year.

So he may have been drunk still?:D
I saw a match to that guy....while I had a cow tag. I wasn't a resident early enough to get a bull tag and wasn't about to pay OOS fees for one($400 range)
Maybe this year? Beautiful animal

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads