JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a small herd of gunbearers. Some of them get cranky when we go over the side of a steep canyon. I've found that the promise of whisky in the afternoon and peperoni works well...But once they get into the whisky, I am carrying all my own stuff again!
Been there a few times. Hell, some of them get up in the morning, and their corked and passed out before we hit the ridges in the pickup. We'd take their rifle and lock it up in another truck outta sight. The whole elk trip they was sloshed. On vacation.:D

Bellyachin when we got meat and they get none. Imagine that!!

Boozin' while "packing" ain't happenin' on any "watch" I'm on. o_O
LOL, we in the party knew days before how things were gonna play out come openin day. Elk huntin for these characters was a vacation from their wives. From the time the two of fellas rolled into camp, the gear wasn't touched and we was sittin round the fire BS'in. These two were always tappin the Crown Royal and beer chasers. Before the night was over we had several broken chairs from them fallin in'em or on'em. Come mornin time, could light a match next to'em and they could explode. I hear what yer sayin, but these guys were no harm cept to what they hit when they tripped or passed out and landed in, or on!! They new it too. These two were happy to be away from home...lol. Damn fools.....as we brag about all the jerky, pepperoni and sausage....MMMmmm. Man did they get PO'd....ROFL.

I like to get my "drink on" and relax as much as the next schmoe, but ANY intoxicants or "substances" that will dull one's mind from safely handling and employing a firearm is a no-go... period. They can save that sheite for camp when the evening hunt is done, else they can stay home.

I'm a ZERO tolerance "type" for that, there's way too much to risk losing... over a character weakness. o_O

Anywho... back on topic! ;)

Love the Brown Pounder. I have a McMillan Compact Edge on a blued M70 featherweight in 30-06. Got it for $559 at Cabelas (!). The metal parts looked good but the stock was banged up. Ordered up the McMillan and now its just about perfect.

You'd probably like my deer rifle then. It's a 1957 model 70 270 Winchester featherweight. I put it in a Mcmillan hunters compact. It's one of my favorite rifles. I've never been a 270 fan, but I gave in and decided to give one a try. Couldn't be happier.

You'd probably like my deer rifle then. It's a 1957 model 70 270 Winchester featherweight. I put it in a Mcmillan hunters compact. It's one of my favorite rifles. I've never been a 270 fan, but I gave in and decided to give one a try. Couldn't be happier.

I was looking for a shooter grade pre-64 but just couldn't pass up on the rifle I found. I did find that the newer rifles have a slightly different bolt angle that seems to clear the scope a bit better than the pre-64s I've owned.

Boozin' while "packing" ain't happenin' on any "watch" I'm on. o_O
Y'all missed the whole point back there. Go back and read what was going on.o_O
Post #7 and 17
I asked Velzey how many midgets he had packing his rifle. And he mentioned JOKINGLY that he bribed them with booze. JOKINGLY
So lets get back to having fun and no more getting mad about someone being drunk while hunting,huh?:cool:;)

Y'all missed the whole point back there. Go back and read what was going on.o_O
Post #7 and 17
I asked Velzey how many midgets he had packing his rifle. And he mentioned JOKINGLY that he bribed them with booze. JOKINGLY
So lets get back to having fun and no more getting mad about someone being drunk while hunting,huh?:cool:;)

YOU'RE not the boss of me, I don't have to have fun if'n I dont want to! :p

BTW- I wasn't referring to that mentioned quip. ;)

Remington model 700 .30-06 shooting 180 gr Accubonds and a Wby .270 Win shooting 150 gr Partitions as backup.

DSC_3339 (2).JPG DSC_1780.JPG

I have an old rifle that has never seen the elk woods. It's a great shooter and light to pack, but I don't want to mess up the stock... Ha ha.. I know the 30-06 is a great elk thumper, but it goes to the range more than it goes to the woods..:

I remember taking it to the range and shooting this rifle with a buddy. I fired off 3 shots and said there you go. His reply was, "It's not a group unless it's 5 shots". Any of you have friends like that? I was happy with a ragged 3 hole group. The last shot opened up the group a bit:

Now he's trying to get his 308 fwt to shoot like mine... Ha ha....

IMG_0275_zpsglfipjjb.jpg 013_zpsaa2b4d1e.jpg

My elk rifle.
tikka 300wsm
Handload 180 gr accubonds with norma brass.
It gets em

View attachment 282382

Nice rifle. I'm sure that one is a tack driver. Being a tikka and 300 wsm. 2 proven/notoriously inherently accurate entities. I had a 300 wsm that knocked elk down pretty well. I used 180gr. Nosler partitions (seconds) handloaded with H4350 powder to take this spike a couple years ago:

DSC00112_zps93ca564b.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top