JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My biggest objection to the death penalty is the expense of the court case skyrockets once the death penalty is involved. Life in prison actually ends up being cheaper.

Taxpayer money is wasted either way, too bad you can't settle it out of court with a guillotine.

Warning....I do not live in Oregon...therefore what I say or think may not matter....
( 'Course some folks would say that , 'bout anything I posted...:D )

The death penalty is final...as in it ends in death...It should be treated that way and used accordingly.

As pointed out in some earlier posts :

The death penalty may only be a deterrent if it is used...

Is our justice system a system of punishment or rehabilitation ....the current "blending" of the two , doesn't seem to be working....I am not saying to not blend both ideas...but if one must use both ideas...then a better balance and focus is needed.

Will some innocent people be put to death...? ...Yes.
I honestly cannot see a way away from this.
The deciding question for many then becomes this :
Is the loss of innocent life worth the death of those who are guilty...?

A "Prison for Profit " system...
Will ensure a Fouled Up System for everyone involved...as profits mean more than anything to some people..no matter the cost for others.

A lack of trust and confidence in a fair system , or just the perceived lack of impartiality and fairness , does far more damage to the existing system , than a quick fix or spin.

Appeal after appeal , Just what is a "good" cut off number...?
And would you who , if you could decide this , have that same number , if it was your loved one on Death Row...?

Please note that I am not against the death penalty in general....Some folks will not change and will always be a danger to others.
I am just saying that there is lots to consider and change if we are to have a justice and prison system that "works"...
Beginning with coming to agreement on just what is needed or meant by "works".....
Andy

Hell yes we should! its breaking the bank houseing , feeding and guarding them its a major expense, not to mention their medical expenses, why keep a bunh of genetic rejects around that have spent their whole life stealing robbing and killing, not to mention how green it would be to save the natural resources it takes to keep human dung around for another 20/30 years. Lets fry a couple a day and keep the roation rolling.

Lets hope they give those poor guys, with the gang ties, that shot up Seattle a few day ago another chance. They only killed one woman. There's plenty more where she came from. Not to worry about all those injured. They'll survive, right? Besides, they only had 65 arrests between them.

I say yes on principle, but no in practice. The cost is less to sustain the individual in prison indefinitely than it is to carry out an execution. Remedy that, then I will support the death penalty.

There are animals out there, that look like humans, that have viciously raped and murdered young girls. Forensics finds the bodily fluids all over and inside the victims. Forensic experts are able to draw a perfect map of how the attack(s) and murders took place. There is no possible room for doubt who(what) type of deranged freak of a human committed these repulsive, repugnant attacks. I don't understand how anyone could be FOR allowing an abomination like that to continue wasting the same air that the rest of civilized man kind needs to live.

There's a solution to the money problem. Quit housing the freaks for 25 years. Try 'em, if they're convicted irrefutably, inject 'em, slab 'em and incinerate 'em!

There are animals out there, that look like humans, that have viciously raped and murdered young girls. Forensics finds the bodily fluids all over and inside the victims. Forensic experts are able to draw a perfect map of how the attack(s) and murders took place. There is no possible room for doubt who(what) type of deranged freak of a human committed these repulsive, repugnant attacks. I don't understand how anyone could be FOR allowing an abomination like that to continue wasting the same air that the rest of civilized man kind needs to live.

There's a solution to the money problem. Quit housing the freaks for 25 years. Try 'em, if they're convicted irrefutably, inject 'em, slab 'em and incinerate 'em!

100%

There are certain cases (Joseph Duncan etc) that the death penalty is made for.

Cases that rely on circumstantial evidence probably should not qualify.

We should figure out how to get the cost down instead of whining about how it's more expensive to put someone to death than incarcerate someone.

If carrying out a death penalty sentence was privatized the cost would plummet.

Hey, a good rope, or a bullet, a sharp sword and someone willing to be an executioner would be quite inexpensive.

I would imagine quite a number of folks would do it for free, hell, maybe even offer to pay the state.

Personally, I just dont trust the state enough to sanction the state killing people. I dont at all put it above the justice system to railroad people or generally skew a case.

In the rare case yes, but we have tens of thousands of life long career criminals that have an arrest record thicker than my recieps for my years taxes, im all for getting rid of the slag.

Just my opinion here...
So it don't really matter to anyone but me...

If the death penalty is to be carried out..
It needs to be carried out quickly , painlessly and professionally.

Anything else and one runs the risk of turning into the monster that one is trying to destroy.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads